Cricut ripping paper...HELP!!!

LaurieN

DIS Veteran
I hope somebody can answer my question....Why is my cricut ripping my paper? Maybe I don't know what I am doing:confused3 but it seems no matter what I do it is ripping or dragging the paper rather than cutting it smoth. I've changed the blade and still the same thing. Seems no matter what type of paper I use it keeps on happening. The only cuts this isn't happening with are really large shadows.
Any advice is appreciated:thumbsup2 I am ready to toss it out the window at this point:headache:

Thank you in advance,
laurie:goodvibes

have you played with the settings for speed and pressure? I found thinner paper cuts best at a slower speed and lighter pressure.

how sticky is the mat?? is there stuff left from the last few cuts??
what paper are you using??

Thank you all:thumbsup2
I had to walk away before I lost my mind!!! After dinner I am going to play with the settings and see what happens. I was using plain old card stock, not too thick but not as thin as pattern paper. My mat is pretty new so it is still quite sticky, nothing left behind.
I printed out the chart from that web-site:thumbsup2 Hopefully I can get this problem solved before my head explodes:scared1:

thanks again:thumbsup2
Laurie:goodvibes

Above Rubies Studio also has a downloadable PDF file with every type & manufacturer of paper imaginable & the settings for it. I was ready to throw my Cricut out the window even after trying new mats & blades. It was neither. It was the settings!!!

The info is also available as an iPhone app from them. :goodvibes

AND she updates with new paper settings.

http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/the-cricut-cutting-guide/

Thank you all:thumbsup2
I had to walk away before I lost my mind!!! After dinner I am going to play with the settings and see what happens. I was using plain old card stock, not too thick but not as thin as pattern paper. My mat is pretty new so it is still quite sticky, nothing left behind.
I printed out the chart from that web-site:thumbsup2 Hopefully I can get this problem solved before my head explodes:scared1:

thanks again:thumbsup2

Did you take the blade out and clean off the paper bits? Sometimes pieces get stuck in the blade and make it not cut, but tear. Or try to replace your blade, sometimes all you need is a new one ;)

Above Rubies Studio also has a downloadable PDF file with every type & manufacturer of paper imaginable & the settings for it. I was ready to throw my Cricut out the window even after trying new mats & blades. It was neither. It was the settings!!!

The info is also available as an iPhone app from them. :goodvibes

AND she updates with new paper settings.

http://www.aboverubiesstudio.com/the-cricut-cutting-guide/

This is GREAT:thumbsup2 I am going to download the app when I get away from the computer.
Thank You!

Did you take the blade out and clean off the paper bits? Sometimes pieces get stuck in the blade and make it not cut, but tear. Or try to replace your blade, sometimes all you need is a new one ;)

I did replace the blade again and changed all the settings and finally it is cutting without ripping the paper:woohoo:

Thank you all so much, you've all been very helpful:worship:.

I've found when my paper is ripping the pressure is usually 2 great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter