Crescent rolls for pie irons

Thanks, Dave!

I will have to dust of my pie irons and give them a try.

I currently have ressies for Thanksgiving week, but I probably am going to cut the trip short. My oldest DD started college, and we have some important football games to attend. I probably will be in Gainesville on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. But, we will see how it goes.

TCD

Do you recommend aluminum or cast iron?
I am partial to cast iron. It gets ultra hot and retains heat well, so it browns the bread really nice. Plus, it seems sturdier and "manlier". Of course, cooking baklava in the pie iron eliminates any manliness....unless you are drinking beer while cooking! :rotfl:

Denise- Thanks for posting those recipes!

I understand these pie irons now.

They are just redneck panini makers.

Mine are coming with me on my next visit to the Fort.

I'll even post some photos!

TCD

Denise- Thanks for posting those recipes!

I understand these pie irons now.

They are just redneck panini makers.

Mine are coming with me on my next visit to the Fort.

I'll even post some photos!

TCD
That's the spirit TCD! Somehow I expect we'll get more than just a couple photos of pie irons sitting in a grill. I hope to see 30 or 40 shots of pie irons, the stuff you put in pie irons, the stuff you drink while putting stuff in pie irons, people enjoying drinking while putting stuff in pie irons, TCD's daughters harassing him about drinking while putting stuff in pie irons, TCD driving a golf cart while chasing his daughters with a pie iron, etc...OH, and of course, people enjoying the food that comes out of the pie irons!

I can't wait for that trip report! :banana:

Dave- Thanks so much for the photo ideas! I will try a couple more- like: TCD sliding down the small slides in the splash zone while enjoying a piece of pie iron Baklava; TCD enjoying a pie iron Reuben sandwich while being chased down the Wilderness Swamp trail by security; TCD spraying burn spray on his hands and the roof of his mouth after too much pie iron fun. It sounds like a fun trip!

TCD

Too bad there isn't a pie iron with the Fort Wilderness logo/Fort Fiend on it...that would make it too perfect. You know that pudgie pies will now be a FW must do...too much fun!

Bumping this fun thread back to the top. Lots of good "pudgie pie" ideas for those of us who are new to DisBoard. I need to dig my pie irons out of the garage!

Wow, I too have two pie irons I bought to use camping. Have they ever had heat applied to them? NO!

You guys and gals have inspired me to do some cooking, mine will be used over a campstove though, I never do fires at the fort.:thumbsup2

Check out the www.pudgiepies.com website. I didn't know there were so many pie iron styles. I ordered a cast iron waffle iron to use on the next camping trip. It will be great for the coleman stove or in the house.

Okay, I just winterized the camper and sadly looked at my pie irons sitting in the storage compartment...so I'm taking this thread as a sign to have a backyard campfire!

One of our new fave pie iron recipes: crescent dough, caramel squares, chocolate chips, and pecans -- a hot, yummy turtle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter