Credit Use Question

Shacka1

Hakuna Matata
Hello!

I would like to do the Standard Dining Plan but want to make sure I understand it correctly.

So for let's say a breakfast QS meal, if I want pancakes with a side of bacon. Am I paying out of pocket for the bacon?

Also, I keep reading that for QS a child can order anything since QS is QS. But some of them do have kids menus. So could my daughter order off of the adult menu or would it have to be kids?

I'm going to direct you to look at menus on allears.net. At quick service breakfast, the pancakes would already have sausage or bacon. If they offer you some of both, just let them know you want "all bacon".

If you are on the dining plan (1 quick service, 1 table service, 2 snacks every day, age 3 and up). There is nothing distinguishing a kid's quick service credit or an adult credit. Disney policy states that where there is a kid's menu, a child must order from there. Having said that, there is again "no" distinguishing between kids and adult quick service credits.

Also, since you would get a refillable mug, at resorts only, you can request to use the mug for your drink and pick up a snack credit eligible item. This is at the discretion of the management \cashier at resorts. This cannot be done in any of the parks or Disney Springs.

I'm going to direct you to look at menus on allears.net. At quick service breakfast, the pancakes would already have sausage or bacon. If they offer you some of both, just let them know you want "all bacon".

If you are on the dining plan (1 quick service, 1 table service, 2 snacks every day, age 3 and up). There is nothing distinguishing a kid's quick service credit or an adult credit. Disney policy states that where there is a kid's menu, a child must order from there. Having said that, there is again "no" distinguishing between kids and adult quick service credits.

Also, since you would get a refillable mug, at resorts only, you can request to use the mug for your drink and pick up a snack credit eligible item. This is at the discretion of the management \cashier at resorts. This cannot be done in any of the parks or Disney Springs.
Thank you for the response! Do you know what would happen if my daughter insisted on ordering off the adult menu at a table service restaurant? Can I pay the difference?

Do you know what would happen if my daughter insisted on ordering off the adult menu at a table service restaurant? Can I pay the difference?
I saw your other thread where you said your kids are 12, 10, and 6. If the 6 year old wants her own meal from the adult menu you would have to use one of your adult credits or pay out of pocket. You cannot use a child's credit and pay the difference. However, your 12 and 10 year olds would have to get the adult dining plan so if one of them is a light eater he/she could share with the 6 year old. Or if one of the older kids wants a child's meal and the youngest wants an adult's meal, just order and switch the plates.

At table service mealz, using a child's credit, would be required to order off of the "kid's menu". If she would like to order an adult entree, your choice would be to share an entree between her and someone else in your party. Order her the meal and use one of the party's adult credit, pay out of pocket for her meal or someone else at the table orders a kid's meal and she would use the adult credit.

You cannot use a kid's credit and pay the difference with cash, charge of gift card. (We sometimes share two adult entrees with 3. Two adults and one "Disney" adult (age 10+) and hAve plenty of food!!!

I saw your other thread where you said your kids are 12, 10, and 6. If the 6 year old wants her own meal from the adult menu you would have to use one of your adult credits or pay out of pocket. You cannot use a child's credit and pay the difference. However, your 12 and 10 year olds would have to get the adult dining plan so if one of them is a light eater he/she could share with the 6 year old. Or if one of the older kids wants a child's meal and the youngest wants an adult's meal, just order and switch the plates.

Awesome! Thank you so much!!!

At table service mealz, using a child's credit, would be required to order off of the "kid's menu". If she would like to order an adult entree, your choice would be to share an entree between her and someone else in your party. Order her the meal and use one of the party's adult credit, pay out of pocket for her meal or someone else at the table orders a kid's meal and she would use the adult credit.

You cannot use a kid's credit and pay the difference with cash, charge of gift card. (We sometimes share two adult entrees with 3. Two adults and one "Disney" adult (age 10+) and hAve plenty of food!!!
Thank you!!! You guys are all so helpful 😀

YOur kids are at expensive ages in regards to the plan cost so I would look at the menus to see where you want to eat, and what the cost of your meals will likely be. CS meal credits are all in one pool, no child or adult designations, and this is one place where you can stretch your credits. We often will share a meal because the potions can be large. I bet one CS meal would feed two children.

If you book character meals, the plan is usually cost effective because two of your children would be paying an adult price. Your youngest can have what she wants, no special "kids" section. One other thing to consider is if you choose to order an adult meal for her, you would have to pay, however if you look at the menus, you may find that at some restaurants the kids menu is pretty good, so one of you could use the kids credit for a childrens meal, and then share the adult entree. If you explore the menus, think outside of the "normal" ordering youi may be able to make her credits work so you do nto increase your OOP costs.

YOur kids are at expensive ages in regards to the plan cost so I would look at the menus to see where you want to eat, and what the cost of your meals will likely be. CS meal credits are all in one pool, no child or adult designations, and this is one place where you can stretch your credits. We often will share a meal because the potions can be large. I bet one CS meal would feed two children.

If you book character meals, the plan is usually cost effective because two of your children would be paying an adult price. Your youngest can have what she wants, no special "kids" section. One other thing to consider is if you choose to order an adult meal for her, you would have to pay, however if you look at the menus, you may find that at some restaurants the kids menu is pretty good, so one of you could use the kids credit for a childrens meal, and then share the adult entree. If you explore the menus, think outside of the "normal" ordering youi may be able to make her credits work so you do nto increase your OOP costs.
Thank you so much! Such great tips!

Thank you!!!!

At whispering canyon... I believe it's a table service credit but does that mean you can get the all you care to eat skillet, a dessert and a bottomless shake? (entree, drink, dessert)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!