Creative Easter Dinner Question..

Mom-to-2-Princesses

Lovin' It!
Hi - for Easter this year I was going to do the big roast, etc. But... it is also going to be the family birthday party for my 10 year old. She really wants stuffed green peppers for dinner (not as elegant as I wanted but a food all my family likes, and it's not mac and cheese!) So I am going for a fun but good food theme!

So here is my question for you - can you think of fun/Easter things to do to the meal? I am thinking of making the green peppers look like baskets or cutting them to have bunny ears (do you think they will droop?) I was also trying to think of some fun, but adult happy, side dishes to go with the peppers.

I have the decorations/table setting set - ceramic bunny cups (Dollar Tree), table utincils wrapped in orange napkins to look like carrots, etc.

Any help with food would be appreciated!

princess: princess:

I have a feeling that the peppers will drop. I would stick to just cutting them out as if it was a cracked egg shell. After cooking them, stick in clean plastic chicks so they looked like they just catched out. You could surround the pepper with creamed spinanch or lettuce to make it look green.

As for side dishes, you could make twice baked potatoes, a tossed salad, ....

Sounds like you will have a nice table setting that night.

If I could get a 10 year old to request for stuffed peppers for their birthday, I would be very happy. Sounds like you made some good food choices for your daughter. :thumbsup2

mommytotwo said:
I have a feeling that the peppers will drop. I would stick to just cutting them out as if it was a cracked egg shell. After cooking them, stick in clean plastic chicks so they looked like they just catched out. You could surround the pepper with creamed spinanch or lettuce to make it look green.

:thumbsup2 That's a cool idea - I bet I could easily get the chicks at the Dollar Tree - Thanks!

As for her liking Stuffed Green Peppers, she is just starting to get out of the Mac and Cheese stage! But most of her new foods include ground beef (also loves meat loaf!) and lots of ketchup :rotfl2: She even dips, ok drenches, her broccoli in ketchup :confused3 Whatever works!

princess: princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter