Creations at Epcot

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
I don't know, but this shop has been bothering me for awhile, as I preferred the old Mouse Gears. For a long time I couldn't place what I didn't like about Creations and I think I figured out why. It's designed more like a generic department store as opposed to having a real Disney feel to it. There's just something missing there and I believe that's what it is. The same with WoD at DS, I like it, but I liked it better before they redid it. What do others think about the changes? Did you like MG more than Creations, or am I the only person whining about it :rolleyes1 :scratchin

Last edited:
I don't know, but this shop has been bothering me for awhile, as I preferred the old Mouse Gears. For a long time I couldn't place what I didn't like about Connections and I think I figured out why. It's designed more like a generic department store as opposed to having a real Disney feel to it. There's just something missing there and I believe that's what it is. The same with WoD at DS, I like it, but I liked it better before they redid it. What do others think about the changes? Did you like MG more than Connections, or am I the only person whining about it :rolleyes1 :scratchin
I preferred the Centoruim over both, but I prefer Creations Shop to Mouse Gear. The layout of MG made it difficult to get around because they divided up the space. It was also noisier and darker, since so many windows were blocked off. Creations is lighter and brighter, and way more open than MG was, and I like the way they did the check out queues.

Of course, I am sure there are a lot of people who loved MG, but for me it suffered in comparison to the Centorium, which was also open and airy like Creations is.

I prefer the new Creations Shop and Connections Eatery. Mouse Gear was a bit confusing to navigate especially when you were tired. With Creations Shop, you can see all the exits.

Did Connections Eatery replace the characters meet & greet area?

I preferred the Centoruim over both, but I prefer Creations Shop to Mouse Gear. The layout of MG made it difficult to get around because they divided up the space. It was also noisier and darker, since so many windows were blocked off. Creations is lighter and brighter, and way more open than MG was, and I like the way they did the check out queues.

Of course, I am sure there are a lot of people who loved MG, but for me it suffered in comparison to the Centorium, which was also open and airy like Creations is.
I agree that Centorium was the best one ::yes::

The Creations Eatery is the best change at Epcot so far.

The Creations Shop is the worst. What a disappointment of a gift shop.

The Creations Eatery is the best change at Epcot so far.

The Creations Shop is the worst. What a disappointment of a gift shop.
I know, I really want to like it but it just doesn't feel like Disney to me. Feels more like a mall dept store. I like the lighting as others have mentioned, so maybe it's the layout or something :confused3

I know, I really want to like it but it just doesn't feel like Disney to me. Feels more like a mall dept store. I like the lighting as others have mentioned, so maybe it's the layout or something :confused3

For me, it's the utter lack of any Epcot or even Walt Disney World specific (UNIQUE) merchandise. It's a carbon copy of like, the airport Magic of Disney store, and literally every other gift shop at every other Disney theme park. The stuff that says "Walt Disney World" is the SAME STUFF that just says "Disneyland" over there. Nothing is unique to Epcot except the festival merchandise. It's super lame. Mouse Gear used to have SO MUCH good Epcot/WDW merchandise. The only place you can find unique Epcot merch now is at the World Showcase shops.

For me, it's the utter lack of any Epcot or even Walt Disney World specific (UNIQUE) merchandise. It's a carbon copy of like, the airport Magic of Disney store, and literally every other gift shop at every other Disney theme park. The stuff that says "Walt Disney World" is the SAME STUFF that just says "Disneyland" over there. Nothing is unique to Epcot except the festival merchandise. It's super lame. Mouse Gear used to have SO MUCH good Epcot/WDW merchandise. The only place you can find unique Epcot merch now is at the World Showcase shops.
Wow, I never noticed the lack of Epcot merchandise. Of the three major Epcot stores over the years--Centoruium, MG, and Creations, I like Creations the least. I was asking Dsis, if she liked it, and she said not as much as the previous ones. I wanted to know if it was just me, and I was missing something. Others on here prefer it to the previous shops, so we all have our opinions. Of course, I will still shop there :scratchin

I believe that one section of the old MG used to be some kind of theater back in the day. Maybe that contributed to the unusual layout of MG :stir:

I believe that one section of the old MG used to be some kind of theater back in the day. Maybe that contributed to the unusual layout of MG :stir:
Yes, it was. The Future Choice Theater, with the buttons on the armrest so you could vote on things was in part of the space. But considering how they opened up the area for Creations, I feel they could have opened up the space when they built MG, if they wanted to. Obviously it wasn’t something integral to the support of the building, or at least, that support could be overcome.

I didn’t hate MG. I just like the open and light store better.

Yes, it was. The Future Choice Theater, with the buttons on the armrest so you could vote on things was in part of the space. But considering how they opened up the area for Creations, I feel they could have opened up the space when they built MG, if they wanted to. Obviously it wasn’t something integral to the support of the building, or at least, that support could be overcome.

I didn’t hate MG. I just like the open and light store better.
I remember that theater--we did that voting several times :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter