Creating a Magical Moment for another Guest

Melimarb

@Entusiastmelib
As Disney fans, we've all experienced the famous "Disney Magic" and those Magical Moments created by the attractions or Cast Member interaction. In fact, sometimes guests come to Disney with such high expectation and when those magical moments don't happen for them, it can be very upsetting.

During our last visit, we were very fortunate to experience some of these but surprisingly, they were not created by Disney or a Cast Member, they were created by other wonderful Disney Guests. I guess my point with this intro is, We don't have to rely on Disney to create magical moments for us. Why not create a magical moment for another guest instead? I just love the whole concept of cultivating a great Disney Guest community.

I thought It would be a good Idea to share an experience where we either created a magical moment for a fellow guest or another guest have done that for us?

I will start with me. On our last visit at MK, we couldn't find a spot to watch the parade and had to stand far back where visibility was really bad. There was one family siting right at Main Street's curb (one of those families who line up early to reserve a good spot). Without us asking, they approched my 5 year old son and asked if he wanted to sit at the curb with them. For him, it was such a wonderful experience to be able to watch the parade front and centered. It enhanced his experience for sure and we were extremely grateful for such great gesture.

While nothing earth shattering, we often travel with an industrial size package of glow sticks. My kids will start making glow jewelry as we wait for parades/fireworks and hand them out to other people in the crowds around us. This blurry pic was them at Disneyland a couple of years ago while they were trying to spread the magic. I know there are a lot of kids in the crowd who want something from one of the carts selling the expensive glow stuff and while these aren't as nice as those, it's something to try and help everyone glow.

24099630171_daee64c302_z.jpg

One I will always remember is we were checking into our resort and a young girl who had a Mickey balloon comes up to us and asks if she can give my daughter her Mickey balloon as they were leaving

My daughter was so excited and she loved the idea of someone giving it to her so much that she wanted to then give it away when we were leaving and she talked about that most of our trip and then we were able to find a family on our last day to give the balloon to - so it was definitely a continual thing (for as expensive as those balloons are, they do last a while!)

While nothing earth shattering, we often travel with an industrial size package of glow sticks. My kids will start making glow jewelry as we wait for parades/fireworks and hand them out to other people in the crowds around us. This blurry pic was them at Disneyland a couple of years ago while they were trying to spread the magic. I know there are a lot of kids in the crowd who want something from one of the carts selling the expensive glow stuff and while these aren't as nice as those, it's something to try and help everyone glow.

24099630171_daee64c302_z.jpg
This is such a great idea and the little ones enjoy it those glow things so much! I should bring some on my next trip.

One I will always remember is we were checking into our resort and a young girl who had a Mickey balloon comes up to us and asks if she can give my daughter her Mickey balloon as they were leaving

My daughter was so excited and she loved the idea of someone giving it to her so much that she wanted to then give it away when we were leaving and she talked about that most of our trip and then we were able to find a family on our last day to give the balloon to - so it was definitely a continual thing (for as expensive as those balloons are, they do last a while!)
Those balloons are really pricey for sure! That was a nice gesture :)

Very nice topic! I will say I STRONGLY believe (and try to live daily) the lifestyle of "paying it forward", and doing random acts of kindness if only in small ways. (That's the thought behind the first "tagline" in my signature below). :)

Haven't been to WDW in awhile, but when I was going regularly, one of my favorite things to do was to give my unable-to-be-used legacy FP's, especially to the family that I saw that DEFINITELY needed a little pixie dust in their lives. Also loved the buy extra bottles of water on a warm/humid day, and give them to somebody I saw who needed it (making sure they saw me buy it, and were assured it was sealed!)

In "real life" I insisted on buying coffee for a Police Officer at Starbucks yesterday, and used to randomly give my bus driver a $10 or $20 every so often to pay as many fares as it could for those behind me - always insisting on remaining anonymous, just to enjoy the looks on their faces. :) I also love to give random compliments to people who look like they need a little boost to their self esteem. Anything to make others smile that feels right to me at that moment is definitely what makes my life better. :)

ETA - Just got a grocery delivery. It's humid and yucky here in the Northeast. Gave the delivery person the customary tip, and a nice, cold bottle of water! :)

Last edited:
Very nice topic! I will say I STRONGLY believe (and try to live daily) the lifestyle of "paying it forward", and doing random acts of kindness if only in small ways. (That's the thought behind the first "tagline" in my signature below). :)

Haven't been to WDW in awhile, but when I was going regularly, one of my favorite things to do was to give my unable-to-be-used legacy FP's, especially to the family that I saw that DEFINITELY needed a little pixie dust in their lives. Also loved the buy extra bottles of water on a warm/humid day, and give them to somebody I saw who needed it (making sure they saw me buy it, and were assured it was sealed!)

In "real life" I insisted on buying coffee for a Police Officer at Starbucks yesterday, and used to randomly give my bus driver a $10 or $20 every so often to pay as many fares as it could for those behind me - always insisting on remaining anonymous, just to enjoy the looks on their faces. :) I also love to give random compliments to people who look like they need a little boost to their self esteem. Anything to make others smile that feels right to me at that moment is definitely what makes my life better. :)

To your last point about giving a complement to people that look like they could use it - as a parent I know whenever someone gives a helping hand or says something to indicate we are doing a good job with our kids - especially if we are stressed out in the moment - it can really mean a lot so we do try to do that at the parks (which can some times amplify the stress level) ... seems to just calm people down a bit if they have someone else to chat about with it/know they aren't alone

I would also add to be extra nice and compassionate with Cast Members because they have to put up with a lot of negativity on a daily basis and a little compliment, smile or positive feedback can make their day and a happy Cast Member translates into positive experiences for other guests.

I would also add to be extra nice and compassionate with Cast Members because they have to put up with a lot of negativity on a daily basis and a little compliment, smile or positive feedback can make their day and a happy Cast Member translates into positive experiences for other guests.
Totally agree - always try to engage them in pleasant conversation, and to let them know they're appreciated, if not busy!!

We went this past December and we did similar to @lennyd . We bought people's food at The Garden Grill, and a few other places that were likely to attract people who could use a free meal.

One family was from I think Norway, we told the server to make it anonymous, they came back and told us that the family actually started crying.

We went this past December and we did similar to @lennyd . We bought people's food at The Garden Grill, and a few other places that were likely to attract people who could use a free meal.

One family was from I think Norway, we told the server to make it anonymous, they came back and told us that the family actually started crying.

I do something a bit similar to that. I order my food and then look around to see if any of the guests around me look like they want to pay it forward by paying for someone else's meal, then I just have my bill sent to their table.

It gives me a good feeling to know that I've given them a good feeling, so it's a win-win, really.

Wow you were so generous! I am sure they will never forget that moment

Loving this thread so far, putting a MUCH needed smile on my face, and restoring my faith in humankind.

PLEASE keep replying.

And @Melimarb - thank you again for starting this thread, and :hug:
Aww Thanks! I just feel like so many negative things are talked about Disney guests but we forget about the good ones and that we can create those magical moments ourselves. I guess this could be a good best and worst show topic, best and worst guest interactions :)

Aww Thanks! I just feel like so many negative things are talked about Disney guests but we forget about the good ones and that we can create those magical moments ourselves. I guess this could be a good best and worst show topic, best and worst guest interactions :)
::yes::::yes::::yes::

To all.

On our recent trip in April, our girls were really starting to get hot and tired as we were making our way from the waaaaay back of the WS in EPCOT up to the buses to head back to the pool for a much-needed mid-day break. My older daughter had been looking forward to seeing the butterfly tent part of the F&G festival, but with all of the whining and tiredness coming from my younger daughter, we were just rushing to get the heck out of the park. As we walked by the tent, we decided to duck in quickly even though it was really crowded. Both girls were looking around, trying their best to be still so that a butterfly would land on them, but of course none were doing that, and my younger daughter started to cry (not in a bratty way, just a sad way). A very sweet older woman near us had a butterfly land on her hand and she patiently helped allow the butterfly to transfer to my younger daughter's and then older daughter's hand. Her kindness towards my two tired/overstimulated kids was a wonderful boost for everyone in our party. The whining stopped, we made it to the bus with two skipping kids, and had a great afternoon. It was such a small gesture, but was really special (and probably saved the afternoon for us). :hug:

DSCN9860.jpg

On our recent trip in April, our girls were really starting to get hot and tired as we were making our way from the waaaaay back of the WS in EPCOT up to the buses to head back to the pool for a much-needed mid-day break. My older daughter had been looking forward to seeing the butterfly tent part of the F&G festival, but with all of the whining and tiredness coming from my younger daughter, we were just rushing to get the heck out of the park. As we walked by the tent, we decided to duck in quickly even though it was really crowded. Both girls were looking around, trying their best to be still so that a butterfly would land on them, but of course none were doing that, and my younger daughter started to cry (not in a bratty way, just a sad way). A very sweet older woman near us had a butterfly land on her hand and she patiently helped allow the butterfly to transfer to my younger daughter's and then older daughter's hand. Her kindness towards my two tired/overstimulated kids was a wonderful boost for everyone in our party. The whining stopped, we made it to the bus with two skipping kids, and had a great afternoon. It was such a small gesture, but was really special (and probably saved the afternoon for us). :hug:
View attachment 326185

:lovestruc

During my September 2016 trip my wife and I came across a family at the wilderness lodge and the girls were talking to the cast members about pins, and we overheard that they had had a house fire shortly before their trip and lost most of their belongings and didn’t have pins to trade. So we ran up to our room and quickly made a couple of lanyards of our extras and gave them to the two girls so they could have a great time in the parks. Made us feel really good helping them out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter