Crazy, Last Minute Quick-ish Trip to WDW - A March 2016 Trip Report *Complete*

Day 3: Magic Kingdom Part 3 (Final Update)

Way back in March 2016, we had just picked up Fastpasses for Haunted Mansion that became valid in the two minutes it took us to walk from Fantasyland over to Liberty Square!

16830769_10155010657842346_7506491315593029704_n.jpg
I was really excited to ride the classic/original version of Haunted Mansion since on my last trip to Disneyland, it was Haunted Mansion Holiday (which was absolutely amazing for anyone who has not gotten the chance to experience it!). Haunted Mansion is probably a top five attraction in all Disney Parks for me so I'm a little sad we only got to do it once but that's the price you pay for a short, last minute trip!

Since we had just used our fourth FP of the day, it was time to get another! It must be so nice now to just be able to use the WDW app to book these additional fastpasses as we must have walked an extra couple of kilometers/miles just getting to a kiosk in order to get the next FP.

Similar to our experience with Haunted Mansion, we got fastpasses for Pirates of the Caribbean that had a return time within twenty minutes! We then went shopping for some souvenirs for Prism's niece and I went to get the final You are Here Starbucks Mug for my collection. I now officially have every one of the US Disney Parks mugs, which I am very happy with since they are awesome mugs!

It was then time for our journey south to the Caribbean...

Which I apparently took no pictures of :sad2:

What can I say, we were trying to fit in as much as possible for one day in Magic Kingdom, and the picture taking was unfortunately kept to a minimum.

However I can say that while I really like Pirates in WDW, it is quite inferior compared to the version in Disneyland. It's almost like a coles notes version of the full ride. I've heard amazing things about the version in Paris but it was unfortunately closed when we visited this past March (another reason to return before I leave Europe...)

Following the theme of the late afternoon/early evening, we got our sixth fastpass of the day for Splash Mountain! This time we had to wait a bit longer so we decided to have dinner at Pecos Bill.

Again, no pictures of the delicious tacos and churros that we split but I remember it being pretty good for a Quick Service fill up before we returned to making the most of our one magic day!

After filling ourselves with some really healthy(okay, maybe not the mot healthy) food, we needed to sit and relax for a little while. No better option for sitting and relaxing in Frontierland than Country Bear Jamboree!

16807358_10155010654297346_3761671740827855179_n.jpg

16864420_10155010655717346_1873498614118271251_n.jpg
I'm pretty sure we didn't see Country Bear Jamboree our last trip to WDW and it's no longer at Disneyland (thanks Pooh...) so I'm guessing the last time I actually got to experience the magic that is CBJ was back on our first trip to WDW in the early 2000's! While it definitely has seen better days and it is not very popular, I still really enjoyed it as some classic Disney that still remains in the parks.

As if we wouldn't have the songs from CBJ stuck in our head the rest of the day, we decided to have another song stuck in our head...

16649536_10155010656327346_8011338684859648027_n.jpg
It's A Small World (after all...)

It's still kind of weird to me how small the facade of the WDW small world is and how it is also inside (again, super used to the DL version). We also saw the cutest service dog ever who hoped right into the boat and laid its head on its owners lap. It was too much for both myself and Prism as we both have dogs back in Canada and were starting to miss them lots!

Again, I'm sure there are lots of difference between the two versions but I don't really remember many of them. I do like riding it's a small world once a trip (but usually only once a trip) so it was nice to experience another classic while it was a quite busy evening.

It was finally time for our Splash Mountain fastpass return time so we walked back to Frontierland and lucky for us, it was dark outside!

16681713_10155010656337346_7310752082992388468_n.jpg
As much as I love Splash Mountain during the day, at night its even better. Something about it being dark inside and outside the ride as well as falling down the drops in the dark make a fun ride even more awesome!

Seeing as we were already in Frontierland and like outdoor rides at night, we then headed over to BTMR for a ride in the dark. Again, Big Thunder is one of my all time favourite attractions and only gets better when riding it in the dark!

After a couple wild dark rides in a row, we needed a calm and relaxing break aboard the WDW Railroad. After the Disneyland Railroad closed during our last trip to Disneyland in January, I was super sad because I really like the railroad and doing a grand circle tour of the park (especially when the park is busy). Luckily, this trip to WDW meant we still got to experience a train ride 'round the park.

We didn't quite make it on the full grand circle tour as we got off at Main Street Station.

16830909_10155010655067346_8598864834330056940_n.jpg
Prism was super impressed with how amazing Main Street looks at night with all of the lights on (and can you really blame her?)

Now, the rest of the night gets a little hazy as my notes sort of fall apart...:headache:

I do know we got FP's for Jungle Cruise (which we ended up not using, but more on that later) and then we headed over to ride the TTA one last time, this time at night (starting to see my fascination with outdoor rides at night? )

16830781_10155010656022346_7555253857797305504_n.jpg
A line for TTA? Unheard of! But I think it was just a back up since we still made it on it less than five minutes (another reason that this may be the best attraction in MK!)

After our final ride on the TTA, we had a couple hours before Wishes started which we definitely wanted to see as our last thing before leaving our last park of the trip! Prism's favourite ride that day was Space Mountain so we decided to wait in probably our longest line of the day (maybe the trip?) of between 45 and 60 minutes, which really isn't too bad at all!

However, something amazing happened while waiting in this long line. I was okay with doing Jungle Cruise (I really like it, especially at night...who could have guessed that) but it would be really hard to go to Adventureland and back in time for Wishes and the Hub would probably be really busy. So I was looking to see what we could potentially change the FP reservation for and all of a sudden, some fastpasses for Peter Pan's Flight showed up! I quickly snapped them up as we had not been able to get FP's for it earlier and the line was over an hour all day! Without finding these FP reservations while in line, we never would have had a chance to experience it this trip.

As soon as we had soared through space for the third time that day, we hustled over to Fantasyland to go off to Neverland. I really like Peter Pan but I don't think its worth it waiting in the crazy long lines that it gets to most days. I really wish I could have seen the new and improved queue but that will have to wait until next trip!

After riding Peter Pan, it was about 15 minutes until Wishes started so we quickly made our way to Main Street/the Hub and found a pretty good spot off to the right hand side of the Hub. Unfortunately, we were pretty packed in and had to kind of lean up against a vision impaired map of Magic Kingdom but it was worth it to finally see Wishes (which I am pretty sure I had never seen before!)

16640973_10155010654727346_1865881631136396148_n.jpg
This wasn't were our spot for Wishes was, just the nicest picture of the Castle I have during the night. While I don't have the nostalgia for Wishes that many people have, I still really enjoyed it. The new Happily Ever After fireworks looks amazing and while its sad Wishes is gone, the new show looks like a great next step in Magic Kingdom fireworks!

After Wishes, we headed back to Coronado Springs since we both had to get up between 4am and 5am to catch out Magical Expresses back to the airport. I may have been over-tired after this whirl wind trip or it may have been the goodbye video on the Magical Express but a few tears were shed on the trip to the airport...:sad::sad::sad:

Nothing really too excited on the trip back to Canada so I think I will end the trip report here. Sorry for the lack of pictures but I think I'm going to write another trip report for the trip to Disneyland Paris where we brought our good DSLR camera and we got some great pictures. Thanks to anyone who read this report and we'll see ya real soon!

Attachments

• 16640973_10155010654727346_1865881631136396148_n.jpg
    16640973_10155010654727346_1865881631136396148_n.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter