crazy fight in Disneyland (Updated, 7/23/19)

I know they have their own fire department so i wasn't sure. Thanks for the clarification. So are law enforcement services split between the two sheriff departments along the county line?
Correct on the fire department.

I was just checking to see if Animal Kingdom is in Osceola County... it may not be, which means all four theme parks would be in Orange. That would only leave some Disney resorts (the All-Stars, for example) in Osceola. Any incidents at the All-Stars are covered by the Osceola sheriff.

Sorry, I know, drifting further and further off topic for the DLR board 😀

Likely either misdemeanor domestic battery or felony corporal injury on a domestic partner. While it varies between jurisdictions, these domestic violence charges are generally the only ones that DAs in California will proceed on without a cooperative victim. Misdemeanor domestic battery is an exception to the laws of arrest i mentioned in my last post.

Is there anything like a public nuisance or a public drunkenness? Something that would not require a "victim"? It would be nice to see a DA get creative to assure the public this isn't tolerated in a civilized society.

Is there anything like a public nuisance or a public drunkenness? Something that would not require a "victim"? It would be nice to see a DA get creative to assure the public this isn't tolerated in a civilized society.

No, there isn't. If there's no victim there's no crime. And no DA is going to "get creative" over this incident. Sadly, in many places this type of thing is the norm and honestly there isn't much a criminal justice system can do about it.

No, there isn't. If there's no victim there's no crime. And no DA is going to "get creative" over this incident. Sadly, in many places this type of thing is the norm and honestly there isn't much a criminal justice system can do about it.

What a shame to hear there will be no negative legal consequences for that behavior.

Thanks for sharing....usually news like this, after the initial "headlines" you never see again and don't know what happened to everyone afterwards.

Yep, just saw this. Glad that the D.A. is pressing charges here. Nice job to whoever thought to video the incident, since the family wanted to pretend like it never happened.

Just a real scum bag. Beating on women. He is a big man. I hope they put him in jail for a long time. All of them need jail time.

I think you’re probably just talking about the ones who were charged... so this isn’t really resppnding to you...

I wouldn’t want them to face jail time or even significant penalty. But I wish there was a mechanism by which any family members who failed to cooperate with the police in the initial investigation would face some sort of consequences for that.

Regardless, I suspect that the entire family needs counseling of some sort... and a means to establish some healthy boundaries.

I think you’re probably just talking about the ones who were charged... so this isn’t really resppnding to you...

I wouldn’t want them to face jail time or even significant penalty. But I wish there was a mechanism by which any family members who failed to cooperate with the police in the initial investigation would face some sort of consequences for that.

Regardless, I suspect that the entire family needs counseling of some sort... and a means to establish some healthy boundaries.
Your right. You know I understand that some people live in violence every day and it is sad. Some people react differently to every situation differently. It is very sad that the children are being brought up in such a bad situation. I have known allot of people in my life that come from bad situations and lesser means. But most of these people I know have always managed to work hard and make a better life for themselves and there family’s. I worry for the children of these people because children live what they learn. It is just sad and one thing is for sure these people they will never cross the gates into any Disney property ever again.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!