crazy fight in Disneyland (Updated, 7/23/19)

Probably the community board. I know as a WDW regular I really only visit the DL boards when I’m heading out there. I would imagine most DL regulars do likewise with the WDW boards. I’m constantly on the community board. But I’m sure those who visit every board every day will set me straight!😘
Ah, this IS the Community board, or at least I am viewing it there.

Probably the community board. I know as a WDW regular I really only visit the DL boards when I’m heading out there. I would imagine most DL regulars do likewise with the WDW boards. I’m constantly on the community board. But I’m sure those who visit every board every day will set me straight and inform me there in no “main” board. 😘 After all, this IS the Dis!
Oh, I see. I thought I was on the CB, not the DL CB. At least I was. I never go to the DL CB. I wonder how it got here. :confused3 :confused:

Talking about the amount of time it took security to arrive, in the Sir Willow video posted, he said there were 2 celebrities (models) there that day & they had a large security presence around them. If that’s the case, then we should not expect too much help from security when a celebrity is present at the parks. :scared: (Kidding)

Last edited:
Talking about the amount of time it took security to arrive, in the Sir Willow video posted, he said there were 2 celebrities (models) there that day & they had a large security presence around them. If that’s the case, then we should not expect too much help from security when a celebrity is present at the parks. :scared: (Kidding)

The Kardashians bring their own, personal security to the parks. They don't use Disney security. They get the standard 2 plaids to accompany them.

... I am also disappointed we aren’t being allowed to discuss it on the main board...
This thread was moved to the DLR Community Board because it is not specifically or directly related to DLR trip planning. Safety can be a big part of trip to DLR, but this thread is not specifically discussing ways to be safe in the parks. It is discussing one specific incident that happened to one specific family.

What is considered the main board?
The main DLR board is the trip planning board: Disneyland (California)

Probably the community board. I know as a WDW regular I really only visit the DL boards when I’m heading out there. I would imagine most DL regulars do likewise with the WDW boards. I’m constantly on the community board. But I’m sure those who visit every board every day will set me straight and inform me there in no “main” board. 😘 After all, this IS the Dis!
As noted above, the main DLR board is the DLR trip planning board: Disneyland (California). This board that you are currently on is the Disneyland Community Board -- for all things DLR that aren't related to actual trip planning.

I know people keep talking about how long it took security, but that includes the time it took someone to call (and not gawk...), along with the location of the security guards. We know for a fact that security is walking around the parks all the time. They are pretty visible, but it is just like if you called 9-1-1 from home, they have to get there from wherever they were at the time of the call. In this case, they had to walk ( or run). Pretty unrealistic to think they would have a swarm of officers there in 2 minutes, even for Disney

Why not put it in the main community board then? As a few posters mentioned, many posters aren't even aware that a DLR community board exists.
It was in the main Community Board, then one of the mods there moved it here because it isn't a thread about Disney in general, but about a specific incident specifically at Disneyland. Make sense?
And now, thanks to that mod, many more DISers know that the DLR Community Board exists! To those DISers who are new to this side of the Boards, welcome! :)

Last edited:
I know people keep talking about how long it took security, but that includes the time it took someone to call (and not gawk...), along with the location of the security guards. We know for a fact that security is walking around the parks all the time. They are pretty visible, but it is just like if you called 9-1-1 from home, they have to get there from wherever they were at the time of the call. In this case, they had to walk ( or run). Pretty unrealistic to think they would have a swarm of officers there in 2 minutes, even for Disney
Good point. Also keep in mind that security is dealing with other things throughout the day in other areas of the park. The last time we were at DL (last week), we walked from GE to Town Square and passed 4 different incidents involving security, some with First Aid, along the way. If a call had come at that time to go to Toon Town, the teams already committed would not have been able to respond.
I don't know what else was going on at the time this happened. And I don't know why Disney is being so quiet about this for the time being. But I do know that there is much more to this than meets the eye in one YouTube video.

Wow, that was beyond awful.

So question for those who know more: there’s the standard issue Disney security in white shirts w/ navy pants & red stripe...and there’s Anaheim police (always well marked in black)...then there are the large “Disney Dudes” in combat navy...anybody seen them before?

While in line to enter Star Tours one trip we had four of these tough guys quickly enter from a side exit door and hightail it out to the park. They were polite, but scary serious. Which honestly I loved. Both DH and I just assumed someone was way outta line and getting bounced. Hooray for safety!

So why was the first on scene not those guys...and instead a middle-aged grey suit with a walkie talkie?:(

I also heard background of people calling 911 early in the fight. I hope that’s not how the park learned of the incident.

Wow, that was beyond awful.

So question for those who know more: there’s the standard issue Disney security in white shirts w/ navy pants & red stripe...and there’s Anaheim police (always well marked in black)...then there are the large “Disney Dudes” in combat navy...anybody seen them before?

While in line to enter Star Tours one trip we had four of these tough guys quickly enter from a side exit door and hightail it out to the park. They were polite, but scary serious. Which honestly I loved. Both DH and I just assumed someone was way outta line and getting bounced. Hooray for safety!

So why was the first on scene not those guys...and instead a middle-aged grey suit with a walkie talkie?:(

Because the middle-aged grey suit was closer? Probably a member of management who heard the call for assistance go out over the radio and rushed over. Not like they intended to be first on scene of a family brawl.

I also heard background of people calling 911 early in the fight. I hope that’s not how the park learned of the incident.

Yes, I figured that, especially with corporate offices still behind IASW, right? I guess it was more of a rhetorical question. If those other super fast super stealth guys exist, I would expect to see them dispatched for something serious like this, correct? That would make sense with the violence on display in front of children. Just wondering if that level of security is typically seen at DLR...or were we previously visiting during a terror threat & that’s who those guys were?😳

I saw the original footage several days ago, and casually asked my husband if he had seen it, no. I won’t disclose his specific career, and he is in no way associated with the Disney company, so I want to make that clear.
One thing that bothered me was how long it took for security to show up- but after viewing the video more than once, I feel like they were there way sooner than people recognized.
First- the uniformed security officers you see at bag check- they check your bags, they stop you from entering, it’s security theater, in the parks, I think they are at best crowd control in this situation =they probably did their job.
Second- undercover security- I know this is a big urban legend, and probably facing a lot of doubt now. I didn’t see it the first viewing- or second, I watched a video suggesting certain guests that got involved were possibly security... then I got my husband to watch it. *He did not want to for a couple of days- I drag him to Disney enough- why would he have to watch THIS happen there?- the point of Disney is getting away, not facing work/normal life.
So, I just showed it to him with the question, if you saw this, at what point would you take us away? Meaning me and our kids. As soon as the video started, he said “now, we’d leave, all of us. This is going to be bad.”
Granted, I realize his specific job, he usually has a warning. I knew he’d see the video and have the instant reaction that this had already evolved beyond de escalation, this is SO beyond that. So anyone suggesting that a security guard, or an ill advised park guest, should have run in by themselves to stop it, that is wrong, it’s the wrong choice, it’s the wrong tactic, I have enough training as a nurse to know that man is dangerous, and everyone just does crowd control until the PD shows up, then it’s all on them.
So I’m glad that was my husband’s response. Because on first viewing, I thought, oh gosh, he’d probably run in to help and get injured, or worse, banned from Disneyland forever.
Due to his training though, his legitimate first reaction was “we’d leave”, I suspect he would have left earlier, and we wouldn’t have witnessed much of anything. His training is more in predicting this stuff.
So- to return to #2- my husband immediately pointed out two guys that came in in T-shirt’s and shorts as being undercover security. I agreed with him, they definitely could be, but he insisted they have to be.
He’s just going off personal experience- for all he knows they are just guys like him on vacation- but he said they acted like they were working, so take that for whatever it’s worth 🤷‍♀
3- are there “Disney police”? Or is it just Anaheim PD? There were obvious security in the video, what looked like EMS, someone with a badge on their belt? I can see all the official Disneyland security being very limited by states laws, etc, as far as what they can do due to training, so I’m genuinely curious now.

Thank you for your take on this. Very interesting and helpful. There is definitely Disney undercover -- if you've ever been to DLR on NYE, you've probably seen them and maybe not even noticed. If you ever attended the Mad T Party when it was going on in DCA, you must have seen them on the lookout for underage drinking. Sometimes it is really surprising how much the undercover CMs look like your fellow guests. We once saw a group of undercover security CMs who looked just like a group of teenagers at your local mall... except for the earpieces. But, seriously, they appeared to be young looking girls, with ponytails, jeans and t-shirts -- just a group of cute teenagers out for a day at DL. So they are there in the parks, and often just blend in very well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!