CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Now I would like to have this person follow us around as our personal photographer because she made us look so tall and slender! LOL. Whenever Steve takes our picture we automatically gain 10lbs. :crazy2:
THIS!!! I totally agree. Husbands are not good photographers. Rob usually gives me a couple extra chins with his angles. Ugh!

So she flagged down our server and he brought her a little cup of jam which she smothered on her already jam-filled pastry. "This is really good!" she finally proclaimed. :rotfl:
LOL I have to agree with Chunkysis! I enjoyed that little clamshell, too, but it totally could've used more jam!! I wish I would have asked :)

Rob and I really enjoyed our Bon Voyage breakfast in January! Jimmy would be so jealous that you got to see inside the satchel! He asked at our MVMCP in 2016 and Flynn just patted it protectively and said something ridiculous. Jimmy was looking at him like, "No, really. I want to see the tiara."

Bon Voyage Breakfast.

My Mom and I did this breakfast back in February and we loved it!

Steve didn't want to join us and said this breakfast was really just for us girls

:rotfl: That's funny. My husband on the other hand loves to meet characters and Ariel is his favorite so he would be in heaven. Well other than the fact that he doesn't like breakfast. :confused3

So my sister and I split the chocolate crueller thing, and it was divine.

Yep, best pastry there! ::yes::

I know that now there has been stories of Flynn Rider not appearing at every Bon Voyage breakfast and he is replaced by some other character.

I head that on too, no fun. :sad2: But the main reason I did the breakfast was for Eric since he's a hard character to meet anywhere else.

yum! I love that breakfast. I would be so disappointed if I booked breakfast there and Flynn was not there. I wonder if they are having issues with getting Flynn there every morning vs it being a decision Disney has made to phase him out.

What a fabulous looking breakfast! I am dying to try those pancakes, but man the egg dish looks good too. I heard on the Dis Unplugged that they have an option to have the breakfast without the characters. I might try that!

While waiting, my sister tried on this Pascal plushie that actually wraps around your bag strap so it looks like he's on your shoulder! So cute. Also you can check out the full print on my sister's dress.
That is too cute! On our trip we saw quite a lot of shoulder-dwelling baby Groots!

I have a sneaky feeling this is the same chocolate croissant thing that is the base for the Cheshire Cat Tail in MK
Sure looks like it to me :thumbsup2

So my sister got the little clamshell thing which is pretty much a pastry with jam. I didn't want any so she got the whole thing. She took two bites and said, "I need some jam" and I replied, "But it's filled with jam!" to which she looked at me like I had 3 heads and exclaimed "This isn't enough jam, I need MORE jam!"
:rotfl:

What can she say, fruit preserves are her... JAM! (Ba dump chhh)

My sister is usually on top of when characters are coming that she will warn us before or we'll notice her fixing her hair or something, so she totally wasn't expecting him
She was too fixated on her jam-filled pastry with extra jam!

The other cast of characters came along, and Prince Eric almost looks stiff next to Flynn Rider, but he was the perfect gentleman.

I saw this adorable story on facebook this week where the family member of a child facing an upcoming necessary brain surgery posted a picture of the little girl with Prince Eric (and this friend of Eric in particular) and how much it would mean if Eric would record a little video wishing her well. In no time at all a bunch of people tagged someone that I can only assume is this friend... I hope she gets her well wishes! (Okay I told that story terribly but it was still very touching).

Love the Bon Voyage breakfast! Looks like you had a great time there. I had the pancakes there in January. They give you a ton of food too.

And we ended the night in Pirates although we keep forgetting that there's a ride picture, obviously.
It doesn't help that this is the most random ride photo placement ever. I always look like I'm on a sight-seeing boat ride :rotfl2:

Lz4zSNkFMsRJ-8EgvQYW6amkblNqRQF8Z75MEo5pT_cu-D6OcKpU43zufRc-618uwOwPxC2JEl0haf45lLNZ5lcJdMttqpfXcbUWit_ijjF1m5pUssay1Bad1nrwmOKlzwbllswxzph4k7ksIYAvusfV0hhElFfSUwlL0kUBxTxZVf77Cjb90tyEeMvZ9pdKKvZz1jjzhPTPzx1M-tQXITC4qKCxhT8GRUdZoPHYHyAiv2d6in42b5uikIDlDXIICd39jrVTzZup5PZgATfJ7dSryfyIS0UCvzSaNB6s3eI2gaSugJ6Qfl9XPMTN-ypZ2lwMf8C-Y31XIy7tYz1prmCht3Jnqvm29rWZMBSNFOzaNGPKteM6uexweNQPB-_JaWfwoMm67QL2SC7VOONjj8_pdEBYbPLjrS7rSeJ3vwnxpsw0KQpOXEiAUNPtbvEjXC0xgxPTtS6VHL_enDFPSAly3emys7YOdglyOYkkxIKm-sxqsJGe9UhizaZt3gSGOc7cYAiWvms3Sf180mcIrBfs-Ggqf26h1YVRfoL6Qf3LSDxDGxTQyuC3v_4ap7QWL3jaJs_bPSevLmuICIMihFWVKDJxqAHofQj93pz36WGV-hzbRNWwKpb3ziirLjJf=w600-h800-no
What a gorgeous picture! :goodvibes

I offered up my compote to my sister but I think she was perfectly OK with her cup of jam.

Overall, we really loved Bon Voyage breakfast. My sister got her share of jam and characters, and I ate too much and got to peek into Flynn's satchel. :)
I'd consider that one successful meal! :thumbsup2

And yet.... I've heard a few veterans say that they won't ride it again because of that. I've had to tell them to go again and ride in the middle.

Good advice.

Hang on.... trying......... nope, don't care. It's all about me, ya know!

I'm beginning to see a pattern!

I'm baaaaaaaack!!!! Loving your pics from Ohana's and MK. The dresses you and your sister are wearing are adorable!!!

Thanks Jenny! We had a great night despite the rain!

Thank you for saving me from ever eating this if they have it next year!

I'm glad to be a public service announcement to all. Hopefully they won't have it again. I can't see this being popular.

How exciting! So all these other stays have been in regular rooms on cash?

Yup, usually either AP deal, or labor day deals, renting points, or staying with SPG points at the Dolphin/Swan. Although I did use DVC points for the first time at SS for my solo trip where I got lost!

I love that salad, and I never say that about a salad!

Me too, salads have to be good for me to like them.

OK, HEA goes on the list for March!

It's a great fireworks/projection show.

I don't think so. There are over a million and many live locally. They do give us free buttons that say "AP".

I thought they would do more stuff for you guys out there!

And I did it again, "What Halloween again, I thought MK had transformed overnight to Christmas?" :confused3 :rotfl2:

At midnight it turns into a pumpkin.

Well, I have to put that one on hold. Fran has requested that our next meal "out" be Fish & Chips. I told her, "Sorry, it's going to be Napa Rose, but the one after we can have Fish & Chips."

Yum Napa Rose. I've never been there!

I don't feel bad, did you see my post a few weeks back, our UPS guy is lugging 28lb boxes of cat litter to the front door!

Yeah Steve got an entire tool cabinet delivered and I dont' even know how much that weighed!

:sad2: I used to, until we started having a drought. :sad:

Oh no, is there rations on personal use? I thought it was only for outside landscaping.

I can imagine! Bathing in wine and drinking it could really add up!

Haha I meant Lush - the natural bath product line. They have bath bombs too.

Certainly a possibility. I know when we got within six months of our cruise, people started dropping like fli

I can't wait! Haha.

This was our first booking while Platinum, I can't wait for my free dinner at Palo.

For some reason I thought you were platinum already! But yay!!

If you didn't say it, I was gonna. I have an instance of that in my next update!

Yeah I hate wasting a drink that costs so much. I was close to dumping though!

And, tbh, that whole area is desperately in need of a revamping.

True, as long as they keep some of the nostalgia I'm ok with them revamping it.

I'll make sure to keep that spot in mind!!

It's a great spot!

The water park in Legoland has one of the best lazy rivers. There's a super shallow area to get in so you can just sit down on the float. And half the time you're going through a quiet area with just vegetation on both sides. The only thing it was missing was a fruity drink. It made me seriously consider a trip to Vegas just to get the full experience. You know all of their lazy rivers must allow it.

Is this the legoland in Florida? I'll have to check it out one day! Seems like a fun place to take my nieces and nephew.

Oh no! Who are they replacing him with? Good thing we already had a fantastic Flynn on our Magic cruise.

That's a great Ariel too.

It's funny Steve called it a girl's breakfast. The main reason we're going to it is because my husband wants that steak! Oak-grilled Steak, Cheesy-Egg Torte, and Fonduta with Breakfast Potatoes and crispy Onions

It's not a permanent replacement but I've heard instances where he wasn't at breakfast and then...Elena appears instead. So just random characters. I think maybe only certain people can play Flynn so when he's out, perhaps there can be no one to replace him.

LOL. Steve didn't really say it was a girls breakfast. He's been to it before and enjoyed it, he just wanted more park time and thought the two of us could have some girls bonding. I have had the steak before. I was a fan except for the egg torte...it was like a wobbly egg pudding, but savory. It was just not for me. But you can substitute just regular eggs any style, I believe.

We have now done this character meal twice. We thought the food was very good as well as the character interaction. We were fortunate to have all the original characters too...

It's a great breakfast! The food I thought was better this time than the first time.

Finally catching up on my favorite TR's. What a great trip so far!!! This is the week we usually go but our trips have moved to February as my daughter does middle school cheer. Will be there an cheer nationals again (as long as they get a bid! Hope so cause trip is already planned - LOL).

Thank you!! Oh too bad we could have totally met up.
Good luck to your daughter's cheer team so that you can be there in Feb! :)

Your Bon Voyage pictures were a bit distorted :D

Yeah, tight spaces require you to take pics from all different angles!

The Bon Voyage breakfast looks wonderful. I have read only good things about it. I really should try to get there on my next trip. Definitely something my girls would enjoy - but who am I kidding? So would I!

It's a great breakfast. I like it because it's not buffet. Buffet character meals are fun but very stressful, because you have to time everything so that you're not away when the characters come around etc. I much prefer the sit down style of character meal so I was happy to have snagged this meal!

You guys look so adorable. I'm gonna have to try Bon Voyage soon...maybe next trip.

Thank you! We had such a great time at breakfast. Loved the food and characters!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I love your TRs! We are 9 days away from our trip and we're staying at the BC, so this is perfect timing! I love your food reviews (apalled at that roast beef nonsense they sold you!), and am so jealous that you can wear sandals to walk around all day. Big cushiony sneakers only for me. :(

My sister and I woke up early today because we had an 8am Bon Voyage Breakfast. So thankful the Boardwalk was right next door because it was definitely an early morning! Steve didn't want to join us and said this breakfast was really just for us girls, so he headed out at the same time to head to DHS.

That would be pretty early for me! It's not a girls breakfast....

Now I would like to have this person follow us around as our personal photographer because she made us look so tall and slender! LOL.

That's funny!

my sister tried on this Pascal plushie that actually wraps around your bag strap so it looks like he's on your shoulder!

That is so cute. I don't think I'd wear it, but I still like it! A lot!

Also our lovely frying pan of pastries came with our drinks.

Such a cute touch!

An announcement to all: Chunkysis really LOVES jam. :love:

Well all righty then!

She really loved this and I do admit her dish looks really great. I had some of it and it was perfectly cooked. I think if we go back here I will definitely get this dish.

Based on how good your review was I considered looking to see if I could add this in March, but when I looked at the menu, there is really nothing that we would want to order and it's probably pretty pricey, so I let it go.

We got our pics with him and I also asked to peek inside his satchel. :littleangel:

How fun! I would never have thought of that.

Overall, we really loved Bon Voyage breakfast. My sister got her share of jam and characters, and I ate too much and got to peek into Flynn's satchel. :)

Sounds like a great time for you two.

I thought they would do more stuff for you guys out there!

You would think, for the amount that we pay!

Yum Napa Rose. I've never been there!

I would say that you should try it on your next trip, but I think you have your eyes on another fancy restaurant. :rolleyes1

Oh no, is there rations on personal use? I thought it was only for outside landscaping.

There is only one water meter, not an inside vs outside usage, so we have to cut our water overall. I have a 12,000 square foot yard with a fairly large lawn in front and about 1/3 of our backyard also has grass. They charge in Tiers and we are always in Tier 3 or 4. I keep getting emails that we use the equivalent water of a family of four so :sad2:

Yeah I hate wasting a drink that costs so much. I was close to dumping though!

Yeah, one of my Martinis at the tasting in my next update wasn't my favorite, but I think it was $20 for the tasting, and that's $4 per mini martini!

Nice one Steve. Gotta remember that.

Haha people seem to have the wrong idea about what I posted. I think what I meant to say was that Steve just wanted to us girls to spend time together and he'll just go off and do rides. He's done the breakfast before and he enjoyed it!

Gorgeous shot of you guys! :)

Thank you!

If you pay my way, I'll be happy to do it. I do Photoshop. I'll make you as tall and skinny as you want.

Excellent!:dancer:

What is PSL?

Pumpkin Spice Lattes

That looks really good.... and like a ton of pancakes!

It was a tower! That also weighe a ton. They were very good!

No way! I love that!

Yup sneak a peek in the satchel! That's what it's there for!

Nah. I'm sure you were both beautiful and no gut sucking was required.

There was a lot of gut sucking! But thanks!

So, when I saw this picture, when you posted it, I gasped out loud. Andy asked me what was wrong, and I had to admit that it was because we hadn't asked Flynn want was in his satchel. Ha!

LOL I didn't do that the first time and I wanted to kick myself for not doing it! So I definitely remembered to do it this time!

All of your food looks amaaaaaaaazing! I am drooling over those pastry pics right now!

Thanks! It was a really great breakfast!

The Tangled Eggs look fantastic! Was the Sunday Gravy like a marinara sauce?

Your character pics are adorable! You two don't take a bad picture.

Yup Sunday gravy was just like marinara!

Aww thank you, you're so sweet! :)

Oh yum breakfast looks good

It was really good! Definitely a fun character breakfast plus the food was really good!

Ohana always looks SO GOOD. We aren't going there on this next trip, but I'm pretty sure we may need to make it happen on our next trip. One of my kids is basically a vegetarian but they both would eat all of the dumplings and noodles they could possibly get their hands on so I'm pretty sure they'd enjoy it :)

That's the best part! I'm definitely more of a "sides" girl rather than just meat so I could live off that platter alone!

I also love the character interactions I've seen at Bon Voyage! I think we need to add that to the list for a future trip too...

It was so much fun and the nice part was that the food was great and we didn't have to compromise!

Haha people seem to have the wrong idea about what I posted. I think what I meant to say was that Steve just wanted to us girls to spend time together and he'll just go off and do rides. He's done the breakfast before and he enjoyed it!

Sure. Of course. Ya, that's it. Yup.

Give Steve a fist-bump for me. He'll know why.

Excellent!:dancer:

:laughing:

Pumpkin Spice Lattes

ah

It was a tower! That also weighe a ton. They were very good!

So this was just before the table collapsed under the weight.

Yup sneak a peek in the satchel! That's what it's there for!

Now I know!

There was a lot of gut sucking! But thanks!

:laughing:

I really enjoyed reading about your Tangled breakfast.

Wow! That really was a tower of pancakes. I tend to prefer savory foods for breakfast, so I would have ordered the eggs. They looked really good.

Love your pictures with the characters!

:goodvibes

Thank you! I too tend to like savory breakfasts but the Tower of pancakes was too cute to pass up, and luckily they were delicious!

THIS!!! I totally agree. Husbands are not good photographers. Rob usually gives me a couple extra chins with his angles. Ugh!

Oh I know about the extra chins, back/arm fat, everything! Sigh. It's like they only know the bad angles!

LOL I have to agree with Chunkysis! I enjoyed that little clamshell, too, but it totally could've used more jam!! I wish I would have asked :)

Haha you and chunkysis could jam together! Now you know you can ask for more jam, LOL.

BTW, did you receive a little package in the mail? Sent it last week :)

Rob and I really enjoyed our Bon Voyage breakfast in January! Jimmy would be so jealous that you got to see inside the satchel! He asked at our MVMCP in 2016 and Flynn just patted it protectively and said something ridiculous. Jimmy was looking at him like, "No, really. I want to see the tiara."

What! Flynn didn't show Jimmy the tiara? He probably forgot to pack it in the satchel and didn't want to embarrass himself.
Glad you enjoyed it too! It really is a great breakfast.

My Mom and I did this breakfast back in February and we loved it!

So good, right? Really well done breakfast. I remember it was part of my Best Day Ever last May!

:rotfl: That's funny. My husband on the other hand loves to meet characters and Ariel is his favorite so he would be in heaven. Well other than the fact that he doesn't like breakfast. :confused3

Haha, sooo many people have gotten the wrong idea, I guess I phrased it wrongly, Steve didn't think it's a girls breakfast, he just wanted us "girls" to have some girl bonding time so he said you girls can go ahead and have breakfast on your own. He actually did this breakfast last year and enjoyed it!

Yep, best pastry there! ::yes::

OMG so good, I liked it even more than the Cheshire cat tail, I don't actually think it needs the icing!

I head that on too, no fun. :sad2: But the main reason I did the breakfast was for Eric since he's a hard character to meet anywhere else.

That is true! The guy characters are always hard to find. I've only actually seen them do meet n greets during the Halloween and Christmas parties.

yum! I love that breakfast. I would be so disappointed if I booked breakfast there and Flynn was not there. I wonder if they are having issues with getting Flynn there every morning vs it being a decision Disney has made to phase him out.

I don't know why Flynn sometimes doesn't show up! Maybe he's a hard character to cast and so they only have a few people who can play him and if one of them is not there...they may not be able to get him in time. I think more often he is replaced by a princess and not another male character. Too bad, he's definitely the funniest!

Im glad you guys enjoyed Bon Voyage! I feel like that was a perfect girls-only meal!

It was! We loved it!

What a fabulous looking breakfast! I am dying to try those pancakes, but man the egg dish looks good too. I heard on the Dis Unplugged that they have an option to have the breakfast without the characters. I might try that!

Yup there is, I think they have a separate area without characters, although I am not sure where that is. Everything I've had there has been great!!

That is too cute! On our trip we saw quite a lot of shoulder-dwelling baby Groots!

Those are so cute too!

What can she say, fruit preserves are her... JAM! (Ba dump chhh)

You WIN!!
200w.webp

Best reply EVER.

She was too fixated on her jam-filled pastry with extra jam!

It jammed her character style!!
He was so slick, I almost jumped when I looked next to me!

I saw this adorable story on facebook this week where the family member of a child facing an upcoming necessary brain surgery posted a picture of the little girl with Prince Eric (and this friend of Eric in particular) and how much it would mean if Eric would record a little video wishing her well. In no time at all a bunch of people tagged someone that I can only assume is this friend... I hope she gets her well wishes! (Okay I told that story terribly but it was still very touching).

I always tear up at those stories and videos on FB! Things involving Disney really touch me. Meanwhile every other sad movie out there...yawn. But I cry in almost all Disney movies. They just really affect me so much! :sad:

Love the Bon Voyage breakfast! Looks like you had a great time there. I had the pancakes there in January. They give you a ton of food too.

We had a great time! It was worth it for us even though it's a pricey breakfast!

It doesn't help that this is the most random ride photo placement ever. I always look like I'm on a sight-seeing boat ride :rotfl2:

Yes! I look like an annoyed tourist!

What a gorgeous picture! :goodvibes

Aww thank you!:hug:

I'd consider that one successful meal! :thumbsup2

It was definitely the best breakfast! If you can remember, I had this breakfast on my Best Day Ever last year!

They usually do... of some sort.

Like the buzzards on 7DMT.

Hahaha. As long as spaceship earth looks like...spaceship earth, I'm ok.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I love your TRs! We are 9 days away from our trip and we're staying at the BC, so this is perfect timing! I love your food reviews (apalled at that roast beef nonsense they sold you!), and am so jealous that you can wear sandals to walk around all day. Big cushiony sneakers only for me. :(

Thank you so much for reading!!
I hope you enjoy the BC! We had a fabulous time. Nothing will beat being so close to Epcot! I just love it. They had some construction when we were there on one of the smaller pools but hopefully it's done now as it was loud! Stormalong Bay wasn't affected.
I am definitely a sneaker person too. If I wear sandals one day then it's most likely sneakers for the next!

That would be pretty early for me! It's not a girls breakfast....

Haha you too misinterpreted my words. Steve didn't think this was a girls breakfast, he just wanted us girls to enjoy breakfast on our own, like sisterly bonding, knowing how much we love characters, and he really wanted to try and rope drop SDD. He actually was on the ADR earlier but I removed him when he said he wanted to go to DHS for rope drop.

But yes, it was early!!

That is so cute. I don't think I'd wear it, but I still like it! A lot!

It's super cute! I probably wouldn't wear it either. Having all these extra things just makes me worried I'd lose it or it'll fly off on some ride. I already have a hard time with ears, but I was determined to wear some different ones on this trip.

Based on how good your review was I considered looking to see if I could add this in March, but when I looked at the menu, there is really nothing that we would want to order and it's probably pretty pricey, so I let it go.

Yes it is pricey, I think it is 35 dollars but it includes a mimosa I think. I don't know why we weren't offered one but I don't really drink that early in the morning anyways. The food is actually quite good, and I think it even has improved since last year. I know you can do the breakfast without the characters, but I don't know if the pricing is the same.

How fun! I would never have thought of that.

I didn't either until a friend of mine asked me if I looked in Flynn's satchel AFTER I did my breakfast last year, and I was so bummed I didn't even think of it so I was sure to ask him this time!

Sounds like a great time for you two.

We had a great time, and as you will see in my next update...so did Steve!

You would think, for the amount that we pay!

They should!! Especially the amount that you pay!!

I would say that you should try it on your next trip, but I think you have your eyes on another fancy restaurant. :rolleyes1

Ohhhhh yes...that I do :love:

And I need a good churro. Disney World's just doesn't cut it!

There is only one water meter, not an inside vs outside usage, so we have to cut our water overall. I have a 12,000 square foot yard with a fairly large lawn in front and about 1/3 of our backyard also has grass. They charge in Tiers and we are always in Tier 3 or 4. I keep getting emails that we use the equivalent water of a family of four so :sad2:

Ah I see. That sucks. Wish we could give you some of our rain. Steve's paren'ts house has barely any green around it anymore, I think it's just...tumbleweed and dust! But he does live out in the desert.

Yeah, one of my Martinis at the tasting in my next update wasn't my favorite, but I think it was $20 for the tasting, and that's $4 per mini martini!

When we did our mixology on the Fantasy, we had so many drinks and they got stronger and stronger...It went from champagne cocktails to mai tais and caipirinas, to martinis to shots!! By the time we made the B-52...I just couldn't. I did try to drink as much though. Then me and my sister tried to get up the stairs, and then we ran into one of the bands performing that night (Buckets and Boards) and they said we should just run up and down really fast. Which would of course put me in a tizzy. My sister could barely get up the stairs. She ended up crawling up one flight and then taking the elevator one flight to our deck. Good times. Post is here if you want to laugh.:laughing:

Hahaha. As long as spaceship earth looks like...spaceship earth, I'm ok.

So not like this?

Hahahaha. you and your manly things.

::yes:: Eat meat. Cook with fire.

Yes, then it was me who collapsed.

:( Oh dear.

Remember to peek in his satchel!
Say that 10 times a day to remember.

Remember to peek...

oh.
You meant in my head, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter