CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

I gained back the 8 or so lbs I lost since our last trip...which only means that it was successful, right? :rotfl:

My thoughts exactly!!!

But instead, to my surprise, we were brought to the VERY FRONT row of the warthog section.

That is super cool!

We did however, get to see the new baby giraffe!

That would for sure make it worthwhile!

We got another PP photo at the end with our sister. Of course she's not going to miss out on a PP shot!

Love this!! As usual I love her outfit! Her energy is amazing too!

We arrived at BoG and checked in. Since I was wearing my Belle shirt I had to get a picture.

This is such a cute shirt, and I love the style of the sleeves!

Oh I’m so happy to hear that rafikis planet watch was open! We went last trip and we loved it. I was so sad to hear it wasn’t open anymore, so this is great news!

It was closed last week! I heard it will probably open for peak crowds like spring break and for summer seasons only. Who needs Galaxy's Edge when you can come to...Rafiki's Planet!! :cutie:

Wow what amazing seats for FOTLK! I would love to do this package after this review!! We always end up in the back too, I refuse to wait an hour before show time to sit in the front. I’m not sure my daughter even knows it’s an option! Haha

Haha we had no idea! The package was pretty new then, I tried to book it for our trip last week but Tier 1 wasn't available. I guess i wouldn't mind tier 2 either, only difference is the lack of safari but it's a little cheaper, I think the meal options are the same. You do need a good chunk of time to do this package though, our meal was at 11am, but our show was not until 3pm and safari was right after that. So we were in AK for a long time.

It was definitely awesome to finally get to meet you in person. :cheer2:
And I guess we might run into each other rather sooner than later .......... will you be at WDW for the opening of Star Wars GE? We picked the opening "by accident" -
so ............. ;)

Ooooh I wish!! This year I may be on the other coast...Anaheim! I'm actually trying to book a trip that takes me to Singapore, back to Anaheim, 2 days in Disneyland just to see GE there, and then we fly to Vancouver for our Alaskan cruise on the Wonder Sept 9th. It's all very up in the air though. We are supposed to go with Steve's parents on the cruise but his dad's health is not too good so we are not sure he can even travel, so it's hard to make any plans right now. But otherwise you know that I would be right there with you labor day week! Hehe.

I didn't even realize Rafiki's was still open. I thought it was closed for good not seasonal, but that's awesome you were able to go there. It is such a cute place and rarely crowded.

Yup it literally closed the week we were there or maybe a few days after we left. I thought it was closed permanently but when we passed by last week they said it was to become seasonal. Maybe it will pull crowds away from Galaxy's Edge in Sept...:rotfl:

Wow, you really had the best seats in the house at FotLK and how great Steve got to be the Warthog guy. My goal is for one day me to be one of those days. Some day *sigh*

We were surprised by our seats. Was not expecting that!!
You can totally be one of those guys! I think you just need an FP and be one of the first people in line for that show time. Of course you can ask politely if you can sit in front. :thumbsup2

Not to be that person, but I'm pretty sure CS is still at DAK in that photo because Goofy isn't in his Goofini look and I can see the queue for Primeval Whirl behind her. But omg I love Goofy's new look. I didn't know he got a new one too with the Donald's Dino-Bash overlay. Amazing!

You're right! I did not know where she went to and I am rarely in Dinoland and didn't know that Goofy was there too. But he indeed got a new outfit for the Dino bash!

I was talking with someone about how dining at BOG is now Prix Fixe and not as great as it used to be so it makes me sad to hear how it's not nearly as spectacular as it once was, but everything still looks great. I agree that it's awesome how they put the Grey Stuff in Chip and I'm def gonna have to try the bisque. Fellow New Englander and I'm super picky about my seafood soups.

It was definitely good, not spectacular, but I've always felt that way about BoG's food. It's more about the novelty of eating in such a coveted place and getting a picture with Beast himself.
My sister would absolutely agree with you on anything seafood, her favorite food is lobster and she travels to Maine just to gorge on lobster for a weekend!

Love the Beast and Mine Train pics! Glad to see the night ended on a fun note. :goodvibes

It was great!! I love closing down MK at night!

I think you look great. I know how it is though. Any weight I gain goes to my face first. It keeps you looking young though. Looks like you had a great time.

Thank you! I still have all my baby fat, which would explain why I look young. :laughing::sad::laughing:
I can't stand the double chin though!!

How dare they have your flights on time?!?!?!?

I know, unbelievable. I can't believe they would get me home on time!! :sad2:

That's what it means. :)

::yes:: I will just nod in agreement as I try to fit into a pair of jeans...

I feel your pain. I really do. Trying now... not succeeding too well.

The struggle is soooo real. But you totally feel it after a Disney vacation!

I first read that as you were going to kill some animals! :eek:

Well I'm cruel...but not THAT cruel. :littleangel:

Animatronic. I'm tellin' ya.

Possible! It looks so real! :laughing:

You look a tad happy about that. :)

She's the kind of doctor I won't mind seeing in real life.

The man's a natural.

He likes the attention. :sad2:

::yes:: And you got some great shots, too.

Thanks!

Nice! I'd pay extra for that. :)

Yes! It was so nice and peaceful!

Which is a nice way of saying Steve was banished.

As usual!!

Awww... cute l'il guy.

I think he's a she, but I can't remember now.

he's still doing that? Didn't he get in enough trouble last time?

Nope. My bad. It was Pluto.

OMG this is hilarious! Was this in MK in the 80s?

Nah. Cute as always. :)

Thanks, I kept all my baby fat and then some

That looks like barely a spoonful!

The plate is huge for such a small serving, LOL.

Desserts are pretty, though.

Yes desserts were very pretty to look at. I like the grey stuff but that's really about it.

Nice! DISmeet! :)

:thumbsup2

But for some strange and miraculous reason, our flight was the only flight able to leave Newark, land in Orlando, and then take us back to Newark. Damn it!! :rotfl:

:lmao:

On my birthday we did the Wild Africa Trek:

DskvqO8sRagee3FgL_X-D9i83AjcL8XxtdQOoRmkpwrIMexK6_GKdMEgNblyk1NRBU9cIouGVDGYrcokP7Qn7w8ok1e_Uwc5xIhCLLlqZ_LDwczt-e24xMGPfx4e7ClmkgBFY-yEAw8XcDKIwY-xD9R_25MX3JESyf9O7Kcc7MTgYCWCSh0AvLm3ECVbIykqhRMujwXeHtTHMDC9Oqk6XDGtCES0E57Ja25c82X9C-9oEsdLGAhGMYsOFi_dvIrtXUE8grqpdOchrJ6UTUz0V44dpMoZCDWbFVh37R70xY2vVTjqeQ6mEBaibAHK64Cmgy75vSiMhpnrOoXjvX0tPARjx2pNxjp13i-rP0nXLBx0hNDFQpBNYezSGO_x0JriQ_KyA65cL9GhukEp2zl5Iscg-k3B-sRrZnyyr37FXS46q3jJQxtPeuxnp-9r03slRM3GV9YAwpSFaW2kRUpj5r6OqVZtUxQ-HaY-kHDuxF9g620sxBHCdYH3ncfWzFKsvoiiGsdUkUIDgRQPZfQEry2elwB_bTQWcLW0bd9EMzYj0PRCNriBSHWGPBOjXMxWARVgMqnSNvaVi_Vzorlj92cBhpQuhLkZhtS-xUyOVvCYvW-ZPav64-fkqy_L9aucGB4-cXEDmzBuJceKoL6supFa8XP1ScWS=w750-h498-no

I've wanted to do that for a while now. I'm glad you liked it!

Sadly this is now a seasonal attraction (it was closed when we went last week in Feb). I always thought it was a nice theme park within a theme park and I hope that they are using the limited opening seasons to at least do some refurbishment and work on it to make it better!

I am going to really miss this too. I loved going out there and tried to always time it for stuff like:

.... this. I have a really cool photo of a surgery on a turtle from one year.

Very cool to have the front row seats and nobody to block your view. That alone made the package more than worth it!

Oh YEAH!! Totally can see that as a game changer .

We were seated in the ballroom which I've come to call the fancy cafeteria. :laughing:

:laughing: That's too funny!

but I liked the detail on chip.

That's the first thing that stood out to me too!

This picture is SO cute!!!

Wow, it's sooo cool being in front!! Totally changes your perspective as we're usually somewhere in the back. :laughing:

In fact Steve was tapped to help make the warthog sounds! Here he is in his FoTLK debut:
How awesome! And Steve did a great job ::yes:: :laughing:

We were seated in the ballroom which I've come to call the fancy cafeteria. :laughing:
Yup, pretty much :rotfl:

Right before we did Haunted Mansion I had a very special DISmeet with none other than @dizneeat and her brother Tom! We met up at Memento Mori.
Yay! How fun. Dismeets are the best ;)

They were doing some sort of analysis on a goat:

Ah yes, cutting-edge goat research, for the better goats of tomorrow :laughing:

Wow, it's sooo cool being in front!! Totally changes your perspective as we're usually somewhere in the back.

When we went in 2016, we were walking up to the theater literally 10 minutes before the show and a CM approached us and said they had special seats for us and took us to the front row of the lion section (and my son got to do the lion roar). It was amazing being in the very very front and totally ruined the show from any other point of view for me.

Love your and Steve's coordinating BatB outfits! #husbandgoals

It was closed last week! I heard it will probably open for peak crowds like spring break and for summer seasons only. Who needs Galaxy's Edge when you can come to...Rafiki's Planet!! :cutie:

Haha! It’s really a bit sad it’s closed... I mean if I can’t get in to Galaxys Edge a meet with Rafiki is a close 2nd!

I know, unbelievable. I can't believe they would get me home on time!! :sad2:

A sternly worded email is in order.

::yes:: I will just nod in agreement as I try to fit into a pair of jeans...

Don't be too hard on Steve for shrinking your jeans. He's a guy. We don't do well with women's laundry.

The struggle is soooo real. But you totally feel it after a Disney vacation!

::yes::

Well I'm cruel...but not THAT cruel. :littleangel:

Uh... Having second thoughts about meeting you now.

:laughing:

She's the kind of doctor I won't mind seeing in real life.

:)

I think he's a she, but I can't remember now.

Okay...

Awww... cute l'il girl.

OMG this is hilarious! Was this in MK in the 80s?

I'm not sure! I just remembered it and did a quick Google search.

How is this my only quote?! I had others, but now I can't remember what they were LOL In any case...I LOVE this picture!!! :) So cute!!

Not sure how I feel about the new dinner menu, but of course the desserts look terrific, and seeing the Master is totally worth it. Ariana and I are eating an early lunch there in May! Can't wait to get back to WDW.

It's always the way! When you want to stay somewhere, the flights live right on time!

I know!! Bummers...:laughing:

What a great experience!

It was a really fun package and well worth it to me! I'd rather pay for that than for a dinner at BoG even though much more expensive!

I totally agree with you about BOG and would love to see fireworks from a ride one time......if I could ever tear myself away from the front of the castle, lol!

Yeah I dont' see us going to BoG for dinner anytime soon. I hear ya, front of castle is my favorite spot but this last trip we watched from Fantasyland and it was really awesome as well and fewer crowds to fight with!

Such a wonderful meet! I am a huge fan of Karin's Trs too. :)

They are super sweet!! Really had a great time hanging out with them for the short while.

That is super cool!

It was!

Love this!! As usual I love her outfit! Her energy is amazing too!

I don't know how she does it. She becomes a different person in Disney :laughing:

This is such a cute shirt, and I love the style of the sleeves!

Thank you! From Hot Topic a few years ago.

I think you're GORGE!!!8-)

Aww you're too sweet. My double chin would like to give you a hug. :rotfl:
Love your front row seats for FOTLK!! And that Steve was picked to demonstrate the warthog!

It was cool and unexpected! Steve was secretly excited to be the warthog. :rotfl2:

I've wanted to do that for a while now. I'm glad you liked it!

It was really fun, we enjoyed ourselves and the fun new way to experience the Savannah!

I am going to really miss this too. I loved going out there and tried to always time it for stuff like:

.... this. I have a really cool photo of a surgery on a turtle from one year.

It will be missed! Wow turtle surgery! That mus have been something to see.

Oh YEAH!! Totally can see that as a game changer .

It's a great package because of all the VIP inclusions :)

That's the first thing that stood out to me too!

I do have a soft spot for Chip and Mrs. Potts!

Glad you had a great time on your birthday trip. Those front row seats for FOTLK?! So jealous! Steve did a great job, too.

I haven't tried BOG with the new menu yet. We've only had lunch there as we've never been able to get a dinner adr. One of these days....

That pic of your sis with Goofy is adorable! You're all such a photogenic family.

And you look gorgeous as usual. Don't be so hard on yourself.

The package sounds like it is totally worth it, between the lunch and the private safari. I will have to look into it for the future.

I haven't paid attention to the new menu at BoG since it hasn't been on my radar for a few years now. While it's a neat venue, I never thought the food was all that good, and I'm much more about the food than the ambiance after I've eaten there once before. I've had dinner there twice now, so I'm pretty good with it.

That package totally sounds worth it, for the private safari alone! Amazing!!! And all the other things you get with it is the icing on the cake :thumbsup2

I have to say out of all our meals at WDW in October BOG was disappointing, a huge waste of money (and it's not cheap). Plus our server was borderline rude :sad2: Bummer.

Followed along on your birthday trip on Instagram, can't wait for the TR on that one! Also I will be pming you to bend your ear later this year about our upcoming cruise from NY and where to stay if you don't mind. I think we are going to fly in and out of Newark (best flight prices and times out of Vancouver) but I'm out of my depth travelling around NY lol

The private Safari sounds like a great opportunity to get to focus on your favorite animals! I would love to try that package sometime! BOG dinner doesnt appeal to me as much. The dinner options dont seem the best, and you are right. It does seem like a cafeteria in there, 100%.

I know that you have said it before in one of your trip reports but where did you get your Mickey silhouette necklace? I just love it and it catches my eye in all of your pics.

I gained back the 8 or so lbs I lost since our last trip...which only means that it was successful, right? :rotfl:
Very successful!
The bad thing is that as I get older, it's so much harder to get the weight off after a trip to Disney!

Wow, it's sooo cool being in front!! Totally changes your perspective as we're usually somewhere in the back. :laughing:

In fact Steve was tapped to help make the warthog sounds! Here he is in his FoTLK debut:
I have never been in the very front row before, looks awesome!
Very cool that Steve got to do the warthog sounds.
It's always fun to see what happens when they try to get someone to do the giraffe sound. Is it always a child? It seems like it always has been when I've seen it.

We did however, get to see the new baby giraffe!
Very cute. Nice that you were able to see the baby.

The private safari was really nice, and just a great ending to our package. I thought it was 110% worth it, especially when the package already more than covered the cost of our meal..
It really sounds like a valuable extra. Not sure if I would do it with my whole family though.
I have a lot of things I would like to do if I ever go on an adults only trip.

This picture is SO cute!!!

Thanks Tracy!

How awesome! And Steve did a great job ::yes:: :laughing:

Haha, he'd agree with you! I just thought it was so awesome we got front row seats!

Yay! How fun. Dismeets are the best ;)

Absolutely :)

Ah yes, cutting-edge goat research, for the better goats of tomorrow :laughing:

Hahaha. I wonder if they still do research in there now that it is seasonal?

When we went in 2016, we were walking up to the theater literally 10 minutes before the show and a CM approached us and said they had special seats for us and took us to the front row of the lion section (and my son got to do the lion roar). It was amazing being in the very very front and totally ruined the show from any other point of view for me.

Awesome pixie dust for your family!! It really is so cool to sit in front!

Love your and Steve's coordinating BatB outfits! #husbandgoals

Thanks! I pick his t-shirts for him for our trips, he barely does any packing so he has to wear what I pick for him, buahahaha.

The rest of your time at AK sounds great with the great seats for FOTLK and private safari! Glad the package was worth it!

It was really worth it for us! We loved the package and getting to experience familiar things in a different way.

Haha! It’s really a bit sad it’s closed... I mean if I can’t get in to Galaxys Edge a meet with Rafiki is a close 2nd!

A very close second!! :)

A sternly worded email is in order.

Yes it is. Working on my four-letter word-filled memo right now.

Don't be too hard on Steve for shrinking your jeans. He's a guy. We don't do well with women's laundry.

Hahaha, yes of course that is what happened.

Uh... Having second thoughts about meeting you now.

:laughing:

Buahahaha. You will keep your promise. *waves hand like Jedi*

I'm not sure! I just remembered it and did a quick Google search.

Funny! I guess castmembers have had better training nowadays. :rotfl:

How is this my only quote?! I had others, but now I can't remember what they were LOL In any case...I LOVE this picture!!! :) So cute!!

Thank you!!

Not sure how I feel about the new dinner menu, but of course the desserts look terrific, and seeing the Master is totally worth it. Ariana and I are eating an early lunch there in May! Can't wait to get back to WDW.

Dessert was probably the best part! I thought it was so cute and I do love the grey stuff!
I do miss having lunch there too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter