CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Hi Su-Lynn. First of all, just let me say how sorry I am to hear about your dad's prognosis. Cancer is a horrible disease. My dad has been fighting it for many years now. I think it's wonderful that your family is so close and that you have all pulled together to be there for him.

Second, what an amazing trip, and such beautiful pictures. I love how you always bring a little bit of Disney with you on your travels, or how you manage to find something Disney to do...

Mandy Patinkin is a HUGE favorite of ours! You are so lucky to have been able to see him live. One of Joe's favorite movies is Princess Bride, and of course, we love him on Homeland!!!!

This is a little jarring to post but my dad is going into hospice very soon.
I am so sorry to hear this. But glad to hear that his pain is being managed.

_cotVydLI9w1Ou_L11Qf0X-peCwNFuu2V5WlUuEJj4IiAP1gmA4wr4ioI7yyjdsLhi96f28JHEy7Q8PVGrT4ecPh9ndoE6TN7qFYhNL0LtLoQ-f4G-NdSW6IWi-0vNtR83VC6ta7y0PJYi5a7WWECXtI1iv5Q6jSl120f-vViXhY_UhK_wTV6yFrMfmcRU2dBX0nbeTeKMMp44Dk1c9TM-lWLJndE_mnBk8AQiEHDv6zcuG4oRCU6uMZ8cz21w_Vd4Cbw3iap2da0NWzPWjl2_egx-0lJ6aGzaKa4x1DjMgunmakBMzC9xR2AsuIQ7HYVrkFiG_hhokUVk44riXSnoz4VoP-iiG3-1nsUIH9ELSCHMkowXmVxkdqSmHTvdyQTZR_Evyraak4uo5JEcpm6nHPEV83vZfjC00aZEeWYKkeKamixJKEZR2WFwVmIUawznZOzHnIxq4eh1psHUYd8Ah-eGfmjGLBd9OrxDKKtfEn-t4n62DMqjm_hPFC44VoBi2T6ZGbKzdnOI4P6iqMt7jRx8S6W5kUcXxD_gbL2jh2pOCYCbSxP7ApAHG_H07NU2GJxj1VfQ1j9mHbglYKxI-pcW0HzVAdV8l4q0FUSGdVNBnDJt5Wt5fpihtj-lH7RGh_Q0hv_LZ0WS2TeoHuKVt0AA=w565-h424-no

If you notice, my sisters and I get our dimples from our dad. :)
I was thinking how much you both look like him, but in different ways.

My sister did admit she didn't realize the shower curtain was outside of the tub until she was halfway done with her shower. :sad:
OMG!!!! That is crazy! My husband would have lost it... We have had alot of my family live with us at one point in time. It is def fun!

2 days before we left, my nephew Bryan broke his leg -
Man! Life is really giving you guys a run for your money. Poor guy!

Don't worry though, it's a clean break and will heal, it was just more craziness and stress for my family that week.
It is crazy how fast kids heal! My girlfriends daughter broke her wrist basically doing the same thing... just being a kid. And the doctor said an adult would take 3 times as long to heal.

Us and my dad right before we left for the airport:

j5Uet4bbW9m9tUMTkXw1bnqyWy5mj6zfxHo9vxpc5WcmEDoS3TKTe1BjptpeOhxk8QkmBxaJ162RUdPSHKB1QQUV37pwiy5e453rUNaUPRB3nteJ6WAEU-gqVHmiL-xRj4ZAAFQku8F9UIEvIeRJl_y_yW98t0pgfv_jKdh-POqekcqoYqpR5AiCXoyITsuW0g8EIQePIOzpzZhXFDtOLOkUcouKYemSaK3_BaYVSBXVfUN8a-VnAJ4DUpreqbvQI2Zs53WEvNx__jCQggXs_R4eMN0f6M7Ekrxo7VmTUtuaJWA_X7GOinyWvTvC8_FqDOjVBeN1stQI-Dx5mq_GyQ1x_lJH44Ck8spcnnW9srio6Qi8PRBo353sBYMG5m7dCSxXkNdpcn_asC2AkQ17ZOIxfNJHID-KgeW3-wHRZZ9NU-_vunffGj9Euj5pQoeKdGHRIpAolIM03esJ3V9UCsPrWc7Msh3iAJnngA50aslD_TJmhbQxPlknynK66VvQ77fHpp4-WNnBvJidl8wxYEa_D2NP1kF1w6RHLir2c8JvhdH9736Dwil8C_4U48sxaaUXvBoAfNpubd-GA-3FBontTH7GPrj1AfSfNzqlwdEN1eSz0nO9N7hmumhC-07IUN8OTiiABEwcgfLH6pjbU67qkA=w318-h424-no
What a great dad to send you on your trip!

In a way it was good timing for the trip. We were able to sit down with my extended family and explain the whole situation to them. We got to Facetime my dad while we were with his relatives. My dad had of course not fully told them how precarious his health was right now, but I thought it was important to let them know the truth and to prepare them. A few of them are planning to fly to NY in the next few weeks, hopefully they will be able to see my dad while he's still alive.
Probably a true blessing to talk to them in person. Especially with them being so far away.

It's unfortunate because I had to cancel our first DVC stay at our home resort, the Poly, as well as a bunch of events, like Highway Around the Sky dining experience, multiple FP for Slinky Dog, and a meal at the new Artist's Point Snow White dinner.
It will all still be there. As I am sure you know.

It was very long flight(s). 15.5 hours for the first leg to Hong Kong and another 9 hours to Sydney, so if you can, premium class is the way to go!

t3Tku5f0IYDqGy0E0s6FPwhEOaLmfJPUDE-PXFYR0dtZ5v0gPye16n4h1he1kLJ7yUUhzaDQ1D-7kMDCpTsx6O-Hy_x_EwYMX7pLsfXpkLFJwkP1BzNo37rco6ssa5t8OLNN-jueJKHHZRFG34bztW9bZeje-V-nJw3Z8LkMmsyUsCp9bweJ5Ws-LwsYDuY-_xT3JulbcAPOlG13RuAGM4_FeFt1dGfQc3KmMUeMR7MhOPRmDtiyiCr0zeqAO4AX-sFczTnywJHYqESK17IaPf7HK36xDt1WTmH2U1lypJi7PaCefn6SduJ32x4rbpjmsUp9yG9o4Dkke_cYaGdlrhR5IszIK6ZMgpcaARPLx-dK57N7NqYsMxOZ8KdsUzdOHE32sP51hRF7BrHrJBFMln-pcsCmDvV3eqHOzCs6GO61VHS1r71XBq83BL1GyosceFzsNVVnaP25_cWm0NE4B_XXaFhmvDSca_AHpSOkHe_4yVO3Sce0rUqZ-MjpoXzXbbKSOceZLO4qKAEMNI952OZktidUStKxtKSCVCx3MYduy2GJaxb8laBt6lG8z8tAMqmhd2KzxepknpTt_78yjYecBCpvEXSA9Avmtb3HYty_dkKB9Zuz7_kEa-cQ2wdFWlicFp_ZS9q9IfBPF7qe5dnRUA=w565-h424-no
Do people sit in regular seats the whole way!!! Yikes!

71h_cKFTpC58SsphpIpBUow2eNOz4q5YVOdwz9YGx0paiN2NURsksqj0ZayS7zoV4_7VrlHSJPl17xM1UKhj31JuLhuy_2HEs1fxd7uL_3OZYIFtZubqj3GzRB6qkf88AyiRPhuNWiasC53C0OwoP3oi-owBfdXSYOJr2OYtIVZN9kV-hTZymHwO5JfguARl6xs0ZsP20hk1CCgoqtbYNyhxa0OjE8izb9VEuHTHh2YWY1VmcN2EXPnxct0liNt3N3Si9h5bvSbUn6nwD0nPnLHnXzDQm__7T-rZdUHEfllmCTIxhzpKWce5UEtwx4p-yyfi6S0uFgHHdg0hQyx9Ld_zeCo0OGWT5YUVqvYzRIBpjW2zde54gQwe941kqyn5bRXcMjP_cYhmZ282WS-9HU83bGswMexeRS8-mt6eOGBi4rxOCBPPcr0uXQaBZSaA-u-kTJzhr6E5ShSjt3G3E_z6dYQZjTmelrBZcprE-ee4GIM3JOxPlTZHyoG0A-xRLrTVso5byi-ACJCb7yrOn7mYwLVKtGx4VZ509NvC2D6VA1QGkU6DuQ6E1Y9NGmQO789hg2VJUTA5z-vCWEzd3z6O7GAJa5Of4cClCL9QjC3a1eHGxYpgBNyY1XX-6orL3TGj82pdJzJbmqr3Gmxu_8ZpLg=w562-h424-no

OMG it was the most stunning view I've ever had. #bucketlist
Picture perfect view!

We saw Koalas at the Taronga Zoo which made my trip!

ubYw0UuW6_BNp7wVQru3sE7dPYSFw4WNF2VtW8FrBDLQ2rIu-U2mfoDdq_fguYB1SAuKY_Kl4A-cZLpFfpWirZGJR55wNIoNAtCg6bbmTE4lY4zderdWAOSvffN7T0gdRPOFF93G9OE7J5WyeWxE8pomSbeTaKFKN-xgyLimIqR1zveQFphjVy8UdaR9leRgncRKizohj2hGqqkBn0CBCUdG0_HOO6mPjsiPOVlHIcnuLaoejOec72AVXv1z77KgI5dDkuU20NOPqQnyalSwDPUHYRf7x-iwb1FLYl7-yh2_C4A5Al4A1yKYbvTz0UIPOFHuAqmiaD2_gbgut8w1NJkGzDBbFulRFPhUmbEIODLNv4mKxS90-oHOACEQ7t0tw80F2OWVDswQxSXUcoy8S-IldMM3d8-NU3L9An3zQiHs1U_ZVLM_7zgJ6TpTTlWzhIH6k5QkrGHs7lgubTaRRyJ0XZMDfb00U7UrYcRv0FvJJD0oXy0Rsnf9nqRwvPf9GMe2IXeDhlESZOU3PmBGLgnx-H-dBCPQWGXpyYUm1ph-rlyXy1xWlV3t_nqcJglepiZCf9X9gDnJI2sxmyYumRwnhDjsIN8D9kvmpJEuNHxB67nxz9MM0R8qU9XTv3OkWfq2TWtK25HqqWL9vEsnFg2K0Q=w318-h424-no
I love. Disney needs some for Animal Kingdom!

Love the skirt! You guys look great.

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That is so hard to go through but he is very lucky to have you all there for him.

All the other stuff that went wrong right before your trip is craziness. Good on you for keeping it together!

Your trip to Sydney looks amazing! I saw your picture on instagram and was super jealous! It looks like you had a fabulous time and your cousin's wedding dress dress was gorgeous!

I'm so sorry about your Dad. Please be sure to take care of yourself during these difficult times. Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing trip with us when you have so much else on your mind.

Oh Su-Lynn, I'm so, so sorry to hear your dad is not doing well. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You're lucky to have everyone nearby and such a great support system. How is your mom holding up through all of this?

Poor little Bryan looks so pitiful in his cast. I'm sure he'll be back running around in no time. I'm glad everything worked out with your house and your sister's house. You're right about when it rains, it pours. I can't tell you how many times I've had numerous things going wrong all at once.

The DIS is my escape to read about my happy place. I can't tell you how many times I head here after a bad day at work or when I'm feeling low. I'm grateful for all of the likeminded people here.

What an awesome trip to Sydney! Your photos are stunning and I'll think about you when I see the Park Hyatt on Soarin' in two weeks!

Looking forward to reading about Singapore!

Oh, yay! I can see all of the photos now. Sienna has grown so much since your big family trip. Poor Bryan. I love your dad's dimples. He looks happy to have you all with him. Your Sydney room was nice and that view was amazing. Bummed that my flight to MCO is not going to be as comfy as your flight to Sydney. Love the photos! :thumbsup2

I am so sorry to hear about your father - I wish there was something to say to make things better for you and your whole family, but hopefully knowing that so many people are thinking of you will be a small comfort in this difficult time.

So sorry to hear you and your family are going through so much. Especially with your Dad, I know first hand how hard it is to go through that. You all are certainly lucky to have each other though. Send lots of love and good tidings for a calmer holiday season.

Glad to see you were able to go on your trip though and have some much needed time to have fun and relax.

I can't imagine how you must be feeling regarding your dad's health... And I'm so sorry you've had to cancel your January trip. (I was looking forward to getting a chance to meet the legendary Chunkymonkey, personally). It's all for the best, of course, and you'll all make it through this difficult time. In spite of the pain, your father still looks happy in your photos. He must be a strong man!!! Sending my love and a virtual hug to your family!

I'm so glad you got to take such a beautiful trip to the other side of the world! I love your photos of the Opera house. I'm not big on architecture, but it is truly beautiful. Also, you look beautiful (as always, honestly) in your wedding attire!!

Looking forward to the rest of your trip reporting!!

Su-Lynn, I'm so, so sorry your dad isn't doing well. :hug:

I hope Bryan's leg feels better by now and am glad your ceiling and the mold in your sister's house are both no longer problems.

Thank you so much. It's definitely a sigh of relief when all the other things that happened that week before we left has been addressed and it's almost back to normal.

Beautiful photos of Sydney. I couldn't see a lot of the photos posted, but the ones that I could see were great. How fun that you stayed in a place shown in Soarin'.

I definitely geeked out more at the fact that the hotel was featured in a Disney ride, and less of the fact that it's a 5-star hotel in Sydney. I would have been ok with a 2-star hotel if it was on a Disney ride! Actually make that 3-star, LOL. :laughing:

Love the wedding photos. You and your cousin both looked beautiful that day. The guys didn't look too shabby, either.

Thank you!

Su-Lynn I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I can't imagine what you are going through but I'm sending you all my best prayers and wishes for you and your family.

I'm glad all the other frantic stuff was sorted for you to go on your trip and that now you have time to spend with your loved ones. Thank you for the update <3

Thank you so much Ann, I really appreciate it!

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad's decline in health :( I'll be praying that he is comfortable.

So glad that you were able to go on your amazing adventure despite a very rocky week ahead!!

Thank you Jackie!
We were so relieved to get on the plane and be able to have our vacation.

Su-Lynn, I'm incredibly sorry to hear about your dad's health. We'd known that he's had his health struggles, but surely not this. Please know we're all sending lots of hugs your way and hoping whatever time he has will be filled with lots of love and laughter - which, with your family, I'm sure will be a guarantee :goodvibes

Thank you Tracy, I really appreciate your sweet words! I love my Disney family! It's so nice to be able to share here. I don't share much about my Dad on social media just because we have relatives that would just bombard us with questions and advice every time we posted something, so we just let them know discreetly.

I'm so glad that you had such a lovely trip, I so enjoyed following along on Instagram. I had to laugh when you mentioned wearing Disney shirts on non-Disney trips because I noticed Steve in a few on Instagram :laughing: What a wonderful way to spend your 10th! :goodvibes

Thank you!! Haha my wardrobe is currently half Disney/Star Wars/Marvel so it's hard to find casual clothes that don't have a "theme" :laughing:

I just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear about your dad. I lost mine to cancer at age 59 back in 2007 and it's an incredibly difficult thing to go through. You are in my thoughts. :hug:

Aww I'm so sorry for your loss too. Your dad was so young. Thank you so much for the support, I really appreciate it! :hug:

I am so very sorry to hear about your dad :( Sendings hugs and thoughts to you and your family. :hug:

Thank you so much!:hug:

I'm glad you were able to still take the trip. All the photos looked lovely!

Me too, it was such a relief to be able to get on the plane, and it really redeemed that week for us!

I'm so so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how hard it must have been. I'm relieved that you still went on your amazing trip and that your dad is ok for the time being in a safe place. It is too bad about your Jan trip, but I think making the decision to cancel now probably took a load off because as it gets closer you won't have to try to figure out what to do.

Thank you so much Kathy! It was the week from hell but thankfully the month ended on a high note.
Yeah we canceled our trip before the 30 day mark so that I wouldn't forget and we'd have a problem trying to cancel stuff later.

OMG that is insane. Water leaks are the worst. I'm glad it wasn't the pipes or something more serious. Sucks about the hole I know!

As if the week couldn't get worse!! :faint:
But you're right, at least it's not something more expensive!

I hear ya...travel is a great escape too!!!

For sure!!! Put me on a boat or a plane and I'm set! :boat:

OMG I would love to try this even ONCE for a long flight!! Looks amazing!! I would hope that it made the jet lag a lot less.

It really spoils you. I can't imagine taking another long flight in coach. Although we did it back in January - not the best but small price to pay to travel to cool places!

Ugh!! That would be scary but the whole experience looks pretty cool!!

It's not as bad as you think, you're in a harness and strapped to a tether the whole time and they move pretty slowly. I think you can do it!

Sorry to hear about your father. My good wishes are with him and your family. It sounds like you had an amazing trip though, and it's probably what you needed to keep from constantly worrying.

Thank you so much. :hug:
It was an amazing trip! How was Mickey's 90th BTW?

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. It is never easy to lose someone, never mind a parent. Thankfully mine are ok, but I have helped many friends who had to say good bye to their parents too soon. Your whole family is in my thoughts and prayers. You had the perfect storm of stuff going on with your family and house! We had our toilet flood and ruin our ceiling, my husband tried to fix it and made it worse! Resulted in a panic call to my dad since I didnt know how to turn off the water, and a call to our plumber, who is thankfully a friends dad! He came out the next day and fixed the leak. Some kind of valve, or ball or socket, or something plumbery broke. It was an easy fix thankfully!

Thank you so much, I really appreciate it.
It really was the perfect storm...of crazy!
Yeah leaks are no fun...can't imagine it would happen to us but whew at least it is fixed!

Your trip to Australia looks amazing! That room! My goodness, that is life hotel goals right there! Your cousin looked beautiful in her dress! Cannot wait to see the Singapore photos!

Thank you! It was such a bucket list trip for me. Fancy flights and fancy hotels...it's hard to go back to coach!
My cousin is like an Asian Mariah Carey, that is what we like to say, so glamorous without any effort. I don't think I got that gene. :laughing:

I am so sad to hear about your dad. My dad passed away about 8 years ago from cancer. His conventions are what rekindled my love for Disney as a grown up. He wanted to share with the grandkids and I tagged along .

I know there is nothing I can say that will make this easier for you. With your family and friends , I know you will be surrounded by love and support.

I'm so sorry for your loss. It really really sucks to lose someone to cancer. My best friend Kelly lost her dad last year to liver cancer and it was so devastating to see.
That is so great that your dad is what sparked your newfound love for Disney, what a sweet memory you have now!
Thank you for your support. It is really great having friends on the DIS. :hug:

Yikes! Glad it wasn't too bad. We had a pipe break last January that flooded our garage and finished basement. Not a fun experience at all!

Oh right, I remember reading about that on your TR!!
That is crazy. I can't stand home repairs! It's so stressfull!

Sad but probably for the best.

Yeah, I've temporarily moved it to end of Feb but we'll see.

I so want to go to Australia someday but that long flight sounds brutal!

It is a really long flight, but it's great there, so beautiful and the people are so friendly and sweet. I really enjoyed our time in Sydney and hope we get to explore more of Australia!!

Sounds like a whole lot of fun! I'm terrified of heights but the dare-devil in me would have to try this.

I think you would enjoy it. I am not one for heights or climbing, but even I had a great time.

Well I know that I do but then Disney clothing makes up at least half of my wardrobe. :rotfl:

Haha at this point, me too!

I am so very sorry to hear the prognosis for your dad. I will keep him and your family in prayer for comfort and peace through this process.

Thank you Lynn, I really appreciate it! :hug:

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Losing a parent is one of the scariest and hardest things in life. Sending you lots of love, hugs and strength.

Thank you so much for your support! :hug:

I had been on a bit of a DIS board break so took me a while to catch up on this report but here I am! As always love following along on your adventures! Not going to lie you talking about the heat has me worried for my upcoming August trip!

Thank you!! Haha, not gonna lie, it was HOT, and there was really nothing we could do about it! I think I should only plan cold weather Disney trips...:laughing:

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. We lost my dad at 75 almost 2 years ago, and it is very very hard and complicated no matter the circumstances. I hope he has a peaceful stay in care and at hospice, surrounded by love.

Thank you so much. I'm so sorry for your loss too. :hug:

And of course when it rains it pours! Ceiling leaks are never every fun. Your poor little nephew.

The trifecta of all things bad that week...:faint:
But good that most of that stuff was fixed.

Seems like an amazing trip to Australia. I'm glad you are back posting here - we all love following along with you, even when real life intervenes!

Aww thank you, that is so sweet. I really do love posting and it makes me really happy to be on the DISboards! :)

Su-lyn, I wanted to say that I am thinking of you and your family. What a hard time for you all. I am glad your Dad is getting excellent care and that you are close by so that you can be with him.

I enjoyed following along with your trip on Instagram and am so glad you had the opportunity to go. Like you said, being there with your extended family in Singapore was a blessing. I am sure they were so happy to have you there and it would help a lot to have you explain everything that is happening. I am keeping you in my prayers.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your dad. He's so young, and it must be so hard seeing him in pain. I hope he is kept comfortable and pain-free while he is surrounded and supported by you all :grouphug:

What a terrible month you had, I'm sorry abut the mold, the ceiling, and your poor nephew! Hopefully that's enough bad news to last you a long time!

I loved following along on your trip on FB. Looks like you and Steve had an amazing time. How nice to get to see your family halfway around the world!

I'm so glad your vacation turned out well and that your dad was stable. I hope during the next weeks you make memories with him that you will keep with you always. Many blessings to you and your family.

Just found your report- sorry im so late! All caught up now.

So sorry your dad isnt doing great. Sending love at this difficult time.

As always, im enjoyong reading along with your disney ( and Australia) trip!

Su-Lyn I’m sending lots of love your way... My mom is currently battling stage 4 breast cancer that spreed to her chest wall, Brain, liver and bones. She’s gone downhill so rapidly it’s crazy. She’s currently getting chemo that appears to be helping to shrink tumors but is making her feel absolutely miserable... I , like you, tend to fall into the escapist category and I’m so glad to have my January trip to run away too. I know there’s nothing I can say to make it better so *hug*

I am behind on TR but trying to get caught up-so enjoyed the pics on FB of your amazing Sydney/Singapore stops!! Whew you have had your share of stress this last couple months so glad you could enjoy a long awaited trip!

So sorry to hear about your dad. The only positive is all the loving family near him.

Hi Su-Lynn. First of all, just let me say how sorry I am to hear about your dad's prognosis. Cancer is a horrible disease. My dad has been fighting it for many years now. I think it's wonderful that your family is so close and that you have all pulled together to be there for him.

Aww I'm so sorry to hear that your dad is fighting cancer too. I hope he is doing well. My dad's cancer was discovered very late and it had already spread and it is worse now. I wish your dad all the best. Thank you so much for your support. My family is very close (also we all live within 15 mins of each other) so it has been really nice for my dad to have everyone around.

Second, what an amazing trip, and such beautiful pictures. I love how you always bring a little bit of Disney with you on your travels, or how you manage to find something Disney to do...

Thank you!! Yes, I always travel with something Disney! Even the eyeshadows I wore for my cousin's wedding was from the Disney Princess x Color Pop collection. :laughing:

Mandy Patinkin is a HUGE favorite of ours! You are so lucky to have been able to see him live. One of Joe's favorite movies is Princess Bride, and of course, we love him on Homeland!!!!

Me too! He is one of my favorite actors and Princess Bride is one of my favorites too! And he is amazing in Homeland. He is an amazing singer too. Definitely a cool experience to see him live.

I am so sorry to hear this. But glad to hear that his pain is being managed.

Thank you so much.

I was thinking how much you both look like him, but in different ways.

Yup we each have a bit part of him. I have his eyes and unfortunately his thin hairline. :laughing:

OMG!!!! That is crazy! My husband would have lost it... We have had alot of my family live with us at one point in time. It is def fun!

It is really fun but definitely a little (a lot) crazy!

Man! Life is really giving you guys a run for your money. Poor guy!

Right? We were so glad the week was over when we finally headed to the plane. I was not 100% sure everything would go well until we were actually airborne, then I could breathe a sigh of relief.

It is crazy how fast kids heal! My girlfriends daughter broke her wrist basically doing the same thing... just being a kid. And the doctor said an adult would take 3 times as long to heal.

Oh for sure! Kids heal so fast! My stupid ankle still occasionally hurts from fracturing it last year, plus my knee...ugh it always hurts!

What a great dad to send you on your trip!

He really is like that kind of dad, he wants us all to have a good time. :)

Probably a true blessing to talk to them in person. Especially with them being so far away.

Yes, it really was nice to be able to see the talk to my dad. Blessing in disguise.

It will all still be there. As I am sure you know.

:thumbsup2 I can't wait!

Do people sit in regular seats the whole way!!! Yikes!

Yup, we sat in coach to Singapore in January! Not fun, but the destination was worth the journey!

Picture perfect view!

It really was! I couldnt' believe it!

I love. Disney needs some for Animal Kingdom!

I know!! They were so cute!! I loved them!

Love the skirt! You guys look great.

Thank you!!

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That is so hard to go through but he is very lucky to have you all there for him.

Thank you so much

All the other stuff that went wrong right before your trip is craziness. Good on you for keeping it together!

I was hanging by a thread. I broke down and cried in the car after I heard my nephew broke his leg. I was just having a rough week, but I am so thankful the little things could be fixed.

Your trip to Sydney looks amazing! I saw your picture on instagram and was super jealous! It looks like you had a fabulous time and your cousin's wedding dress dress was gorgeous!

Thank you so much! It was a truly fabulous trip and a really gorgeous wedding!

I'm so sorry about your Dad. Please be sure to take care of yourself during these difficult times. Thank you for taking the time to share your amazing trip with us when you have so much else on your mind.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. :hug:
I missed the DISBoards so much. It's nice to write about things on your mind as well as about your trips!

Oh Su-Lynn, I'm so, so sorry to hear your dad is not doing well. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. You're lucky to have everyone nearby and such a great support system. How is your mom holding up through all of this?

Thank you so much! Our family has really rallied together in the past year with my dad's heath.
My mom is ok - she's dealing the best she can. Her sister just arrived today from Australia which will be a great support for her as they are very close.

Poor little Bryan looks so pitiful in his cast. I'm sure he'll be back running around in no time. I'm glad everything worked out with your house and your sister's house. You're right about when it rains, it pours. I can't tell you how many times I've had numerous things going wrong all at once.

He does!! He was so miserable! He's back to being happy again though!
Thank you, yeah it was a rough rough week. I'm so glad all the bad stuff is over!

The DIS is my escape to read about my happy place. I can't tell you how many times I head here after a bad day at work or when I'm feeling low. I'm grateful for all of the likeminded people here.

Absolutely agree! It's the best place to be outside of Disney! :)

What an awesome trip to Sydney! Your photos are stunning and I'll think about you when I see the Park Hyatt on Soarin' in two weeks!

Thank you!! Oh that's awesome! Have a magical time!!

I am sorry to hear that your Dad is ill.
Good thoughts and prayers sent to you and your family.

Thank you so much for your support :hug:

Oh, yay! I can see all of the photos now. Sienna has grown so much since your big family trip. Poor Bryan. I love your dad's dimples. He looks happy to have you all with him. Your Sydney room was nice and that view was amazing. Bummed that my flight to MCO is not going to be as comfy as your flight to Sydney. Love the photos! :thumbsup2

All the kids are so much bigger now when I look back at the pictures from the trip last year!
YEah this past trip kinda spoiled me! It's too bad I didn't win the mega millions and can travel to Disney in style like all the time. Wait if I won then I'd just move to Disney, and live in the castle, LOL. :laughing:

I am so sorry to hear about your father - I wish there was something to say to make things better for you and your whole family, but hopefully knowing that so many people are thinking of you will be a small comfort in this difficult time.

Thank you so much, you are so sweet. I really appreciate all the support and my DIS friends!

So sorry to hear you and your family are going through so much. Especially with your Dad, I know first hand how hard it is to go through that. You all are certainly lucky to have each other though. Send lots of love and good tidings for a calmer holiday season.

Thank you Kari. I know many people have gone through this. I hope it gets easier every day.
My dad is happy to just have the last moments of his life with his family.
Thank you for your support! :hug:
Now, pass the wine! I really need it!

Glad to see you were able to go on your trip though and have some much needed time to have fun and relax.

It goes without saying that I soooo needed that vacation! I felt bad for leaving my sisters and mom to deal with everything but frankly they are way more helpful and responsible than I am, lol. I just run away to Disney! :laughing:

I can't imagine how you must be feeling regarding your dad's health... And I'm so sorry you've had to cancel your January trip. (I was looking forward to getting a chance to meet the legendary Chunkymonkey, personally). It's all for the best, of course, and you'll all make it through this difficult time. In spite of the pain, your father still looks happy in your photos. He must be a strong man!!! Sending my love and a virtual hug to your family!

Thank you so much. It was so sad to have to cancel. I was really looking forward to meeting the both of you.
Aww thanks, you are so sweet. Thank you for your support!! :hug:

I'm so glad you got to take such a beautiful trip to the other side of the world! I love your photos of the Opera house. I'm not big on architecture, but it is truly beautiful. Also, you look beautiful (as always, honestly) in your wedding attire!!

Thank you!! You really are too kind. My cousin used portrait mode to take the picture and that makes everyone look better, trust me, haha.
It was a great vacation. I am so glad we were able to go on it despite the week from hell!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter