CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

I completely agree with all of the above! Following along (and on Instagram ready for January...)

Aww thank you!! That is so sweet! :) And thanks for following along!

Hi, Su-Lynn! I knew it was going to be yours, just by the title!

Hehe I'm so predictable!

I love it! So clever!

Thank you! :)

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this :sad1:

Ugh yes, it SUCKS. But it's feeling a lot better, the first week back, I was in so much pain, but this week it is already much better after only a week of PT.

How cute! I don't even know they had new busses. I hope I get one next month :love:

I hope you do too! They are nice and clean and the central air is nice and very cold. :)

You girls are always on point! I absolutely love your dresses!

Thank you!!

Here and ready for the adventure!!

Thank you, great to see you here!

Can I just say that I was OBSESSED with finding that Toy Story dress from Hot Topic before my August trip?? It was online only (why does Canada not get all the good stuff?) and it would have cost $34 USD in international shipping to get it. So I had to accept the fact that a cute Toy Story dress was not going to happen. But it looks great on you!

Oh no, I guess there is no equivalent for Hot Topic in Canada? Next time you are in WDW just ship it to your resort, LOL.

Hi Guys! :flower3: So excited to be following along! You have great TR! I think your sister is going to add a FUN twist...because why wouldnt you annouce to the world you have a frozen coke!!!:love:

Hi!! Thank you so much!
Yes, she definitely has to announce each time she had a frozen coke! Also she'll announce new pennies, frozen bananas, and of course any new character pics. :rotfl:

Yay a new trip report!

Thank you for reading!! :)

I’m here! I love your trip reports! I’m a card maker too and follow your sister on Instagram so I was keeping up with your trip a bit thru your Instagram and eagerly anticipating your trip report!

Thank you so much!! My sister loves making cards. I'm sure you saw it but she made a card for Russel and Dug in AK. It's really adorable. I can't wait to get to that part!

Following along. I've recently discovered the trip reports and have been catching up on yours and many others from Disboards regulars. Excited to have a new one to read!!

Thank you and welcome!! Thanks for following along!

(But you're probably too young to know this one.)

Gilda Radner SNL!! It was made the year I was born but I have seen old clips of SNL and I had seen the" Violins on Television" clip with Chevy Chase.

You can sit. On account of your knee.

Oh how very accommodating of you!

Yes. You posted this last night, but I'm only reading it this morning!

Haha Meghan Emily said the same thing as you did so I figured it was a Canada thing, LOL

Thank you for the clarification.

You're welcome! Exact time of frizz is like a science.

Every time I see the reports of the new long walk I close my eyes and pretend it's not real :rotfl::rotfl:

I haven't paid much attention to when it's supposed to be finished because I am in denial, lol.

It SUCKS! I can't believe how long the walk was! No wonder my knee was in so much pain!:rotfl:

I'm planning to start a PTR for the upcoming trip, so I'll be around more!

Yay can't wait for that!!

Not too bad! Joining your report just a couple of updates already in progress. Usually I am playing major catch up.

Great title for your trip report! I loved the intros, even tho' I have known you through your reports just about forever!

Hi Dee! It's so funny I feel like I know people too just from reading and being DISBoard and FB friends for a while even though we've never met!! So yay thanks for joining!

I am not surprised that your sister was stopped and her bag checked because of the pennies/quarters. That happened to me a few years ago, and a few others have said they experienced the same thing with the coins. BTW- I have read that shiny pennies are not actually the best ones to used for the pressed coins- I think the pre-1964 ones are best due to the material they are made from- and I think you are supposed to soak them in coke and ketchup or something like that. But I usually just try to find shiny ones.

Ah ok, googled and it seems that the US mint had introduced higher percentages of zinc into their pennies after 1982!
I will let her know this very precious info thanks! :laughing:

That is a fantastic arch shot! I love the front row. No matter how many times you cross into the bubble it will always be a thrill!

Thanks! It always still feels like the most exciting feeling when I see the sign! :cheer2:

I'm a former food server so I tend to be an obsessive tipper. I am also a planner- I am usually prepared with the proper bills for bus drivers and waitstaff and tour guides.

Everyone that I know who used to be in food service has said the same thing, understandably. I just like to give a little magic back in return. :)

I like the way the 3 of you are all wearing coordinating outfits in the lobby picture, but I love the Toy Story dresses you and CS changed into even more. OMG- the alien ears, too!

Thank you! We didn't coordinate the travel outfits they just were a coincidence, but the Toy Story dresses we certainly did!

Thanks for visiting my corner. I have just started to save pictures from there into a folder- mine and others. I just ran across the trip report I have for Flat Ben, and there are a couple of him there.

Haha that is a good idea!! It'll be interesting to see how they change the space. I don't know why the windows are blacked out as it's just the store inside.

UGH! Those friendship boats are SOOOOOO hot! Still better than walking in many circumstances, but :scared:

Yup they need better A/C in there!!

Fabulous start as always! You and your sis looked awesome for a 6:00 AM flight. I am impressed with the fixed hair and well-done make up. I'd be like "my teeth are brushed - be happy for that"!!!

LOL Thank you!! My sister always looks coiffed, I'm just lucky my hair wasn't sticking up an all different directions!

So excited you have another trip report! We were at Disney the same time you were and it was crazy hot and humid.
I was the one who ran up to you in Animal Kingdom like a lunatic!

Hiiiii!!! Thank you so much for doing so, that was so sweet! I really am so excited to meet people who read my TRs!!! I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your trip! It was terribly hot that week! I knew to expect it and however miserable it is, it's always the cheapest time to go and I'm so compelled to just go that time every year! (Although next year we will be on a DCL Alaskan cruise in Sept and probably Disneyland for a few days before or after!)

SO excited for a new trip report! I have to ask... what are the two character pictures that your sister is missing?

She's missing Mickey at Town Square because his waits were always insanely long and she said that they lie on the wait time. Tinkerbell advertised as 20 minutes and she waited closer to 40! So she didnt' want to chance it with Mickey whose wait was 50 minutes.
Another one is Chef Daisy which we only recently found out was at the Gazebo where Duffy used to meet in Epcot. We didn't walk that way too much since we always came from the back entrance so she didn't know.

You two are adorable -- your Disney fashionista style is on point, always!!! I need to confess... I saw you outside the Festival Center in Epcot on 9/2. But I realized it only as I passed you and then my brain froze and all I could think of was "chunky" and decided in the moment that yelling "hey, chunky" might not be the best. But I do hope to get another opportunity to meet you one day. :flower3:

Aww you are so sweet thank you! And you should have DEFINITELY yelled Hey Chunky!! I would have loved to meet you!! OMG that is too funny, we were wearing our Mulan outfits that day and we got our AP magnets at festival center too! Hopefully there will be a next time!! :flower3:

The boat situation at Hollywood Studios is a mess with the extended walk to the Epcot resorts now. Know it will all be worth it in the end (Galaxy's Edge!!) but painful right now.

I know! It's a crazy maze and apparently it always changes depending on the construction!

Gilda Radner SNL!! It was made the year I was born but I have seen old clips of SNL and I had seen the" Violins on Television" clip with Chevy Chase.

My fave!

Oh how very accommodating of you!

I is watching out for you.

Or is that "I is watching you".

Either or.

Haha Meghan Emily said the same thing as you did so I figured it was a Canada thing, LOL

;)

You're welcome! Exact time of frizz is like a science.

You should get a research grant.

Ah ok, googled and it seems that the US mint had introduced higher percentages of zinc into their pennies after 1982!
I will let her know this very precious info thanks! :laughing:

Yes! That's it.

I have a document where I saved tips about pressed pennies. Here is the info I collected about cleaning. I have never actually done it though:

Cleaning and Preserving Pennies for Pressing:

The ketchup technique is a popular with collectors. Simply rub a little ketchup onto the penny. For best results, use an old toothbrush to scrub the surface lightly to work the ketchup into all the tight areas. Rinse the penny and you will notice that it is now dull and pink. Now pour some baking soda into a small dish and add some water to make a thick paste. Rub that all over the penny with your fingers to bring back the shine.

A mixture of vinegar and a little salt to clean pennies is a time-tested method. It works on the same principle as using ketchup (vinegar and ketchup are both acidic), but there is less rubbing involved. Mix up some vinegar and a small amount of salt. Stir it around to dissolve the salt and then dump in your dirty pennies. Mix it up a bit and let it sit for several minutes. You will be able to see the cleaning process in action. Don't let them sit too long! Scrub lightly with a toothbrush to get the especially gritty areas clean. Shine them up with the baking soda paste above.

A mixture of lemon juice and a little salt works well also, followed of course by the baking soda treatment. Use ACTUAL juiced lemons, not lemonade from the freezer section or ReaLemon in that plastic lemon. Try each of these methods to see which one you like best.

After multiple trips to the Home Depot, we have discovered that the best way to prevent tarnish from returning to a cleaned coin is a good coat of Varathane Diamond Wood Finish (clear).

This is the same product that we use on the elongated pennies we have sealed into the cover of the PennyCollectorTM books during their manufacture.

Exposure to the air is what causes a penny to tarnish over time. The Varathane seals the penny to prevent the air from reaching its surface.

******************************************************************************************************

That's my 2 cents!

:goodvibes

Here! And following along! Your intros crack me up - and honestly I don't blame your sister for announcing the frozen coke - they are so GOOD, especially at Disney and especially if some Jack Daniels is added!!!

Hi! I’m joining in. I am pretty much a dis board stalker. I have read all your trip reports. I decided I should comment on this tr. I started following you on Instagram and loved all your insta stories about this trip. I am vicariously living through your trip! I can’t wait to read more.

Darn, how did I miss this???? I have been looking for it in the hopes that I'd be the first one here...No such luck! I'm very late for the party...LOL!!!

Love the pics of you, Steve and your sis, soooo cute!

Looks like the trip is off to a great start...

LOVE the TR title! I just saw Crazy Rich Asians on Friday and LOVED it. I cannot wait to watch it again. Also hoping theres a part 2? I mean they HAVE to show the wedding drama!

DH sounds like my DH haha closet Disney lover! I hope I can one day wear down my own DH to get DVC hahaha

I can't wait to hear more!

Following! Love the title. I read the book two summers ago and somehow it never registered that he wrote two sequels. After seeing the movie, I immediately bought the other two books and am now halfway through the last one. Such fun reads!

Anyway, I feel you pain with the heat. I rode the boat from Epcot to Hollywood Studios one day, thinking it would be cooler than walking. One of the skippers thought it would be nice to open a lot of windows, so the sun was streaming right in. It was miserable.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Sitting up front allowed us to get this coveted shot:

JpUsFo2CIL2D7pGe7hMhDw4Oa18qT58NuTxvNTeI7YS9ykUE7rwzvuoHlHM5bC6uaB70hYSdlt4-d0Alq-Nmy4GZ2IFz58aCMxcP33ELP_fgQjpsDwTGa_zd9YQqaECMynVPx7_e1vlAEBbBMebyA_vv1yVJpHnJKL5gXXIsamWqutn5b7FdmqG1cgeNQcW9E2umgFjq3U5llBp9IORLgjeU9l-VXvtOd495zJiBpEzSRF1DUEy8EJ3HpJWxkARtPSxLOl4l6wmQubDft0Lxjm3xh_gSXJGU1zw8UPFtol1B_IIGc6Rq3KOqlyYvGZJxCCR4GLFcpWNKNuUc5JH9loWZFK_iV-0ezO4mF45dUyFGGCz9uJD0hBUPNtLuJLFFRBqADcSvOKb09UvWkRzfOqYlx6LSq2ZH4DchS9yyrK33B7zAWIYkcAMX8Q9bfw4PpASLPUyRH6mHUcpvq6H2qHQ_oYA2bA1fvleACHEveonEUmqOQOLScXuNcHASSQ9-LT1Orr0heoncwkkpVD1vrURp2fjVIxQtpzu1GV_Xa7N-hvxlBWBreTQwZFOoj43x_uq44aefoMpDwWa3Wk_0lbgmIAZRIbBGYYCvlx28fLLgHs82e9rrFLVpJe9R0Xvk=w710-h532-no
I pout like a child when I don't get the front seat for this very reason. :)

Question, do you guys tip the ME driver? I know it's not required but I always do when we have a bag stored under the bus.
We always tip if we have a bag stored under the bus, but otherwise we don't.

Hi! Joining in. I read quite a few of your past TRs but I don't think I've ever commented before. I did comment on the May PTR because I would love to come for that one but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off.

My boss was down at Disney the same time you were so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for him in the background of your pictures.

Yup, rolls and rolls of shiny pennies and quarters ready for the penny machines at WDW. Because apparently if you just get change at the stores the pennies aren't SHINY and it is not good enough.

I totally get this one because I do the same thing. Is your sister as annoyed as I am that they are replacing some of the manual machines with automatic ones? A lot of them now just require you to put in a dollar and it spits out the penny. Half the fun of those machines is carrying your own shiny pennies to make the pressed ones and now you don't need them. :mad:

We all have pre-check so we go through the expedited line but of course my SISTER gets stopped during security and they have to check her bag because of her rolls of PENNIES and QUARTERS.

Been there, done that at least three times. :rotfl: Last time the TSA rep told me to take the change out of my carry on bag and place it separately in the bin. I think you will still have to be inspected but at least they won't be rifling through your bag.

Wow 3 hours from take off to sitting on ME...that is one advantage of the early morning flights.

That's awesome! Morning flights are definitely better, I found that out in August. My 8 pm flight turned into a 10 pm flight thanks to weather and I didn't make it to my room until 1 am. It made for a very tired me on my first park day.

Why is it that I get all giddy when I see the sign even though it's not our first time here and I was just here in June and 7 times last year, but every time just feels like the first time, right?

That's why I love the DIS! Everyone here just gets it while people in my regular life just shake their heads when I'm headed to Disney again.

I know it's not required but I always do when we have a bag stored under the bus.

That's how I handle it also. If the CM has to handle one of my bags I tip.

Toy Story Land is super cute!!

I agree! I loved it in August and really appreciated Slinky Dog Dash. I'm getting to the age where RnRC and Space Mountain are just painful so SSD is a great alternative to those.

So when we got to the boat it looked like this:

:scared1:

Here's a picture of the new Gondola station.

Funny story here. I took the same picture in August and sent it to my Mom. She asked me why they were going to have boats to row people across the lake. :rotfl2:I had to explain they weren't that type of Gondola.

I is watching out for you.

Or is that "I is watching you".

Either or.

I C U :magnify:

You should get a research grant.

I should start a go fund me on frizzy hair analysis.

Yes! That's it.

I have a document where I saved tips about pressed pennies. Here is the info I collected about cleaning. I have never actually done it though:

Cleaning and Preserving Pennies for Pressing:

The ketchup technique is a popular with collectors. Simply rub a little ketchup onto the penny. For best results, use an old toothbrush to scrub the surface lightly to work the ketchup into all the tight areas. Rinse the penny and you will notice that it is now dull and pink. Now pour some baking soda into a small dish and add some water to make a thick paste. Rub that all over the penny with your fingers to bring back the shine.

A mixture of vinegar and a little salt to clean pennies is a time-tested method. It works on the same principle as using ketchup (vinegar and ketchup are both acidic), but there is less rubbing involved. Mix up some vinegar and a small amount of salt. Stir it around to dissolve the salt and then dump in your dirty pennies. Mix it up a bit and let it sit for several minutes. You will be able to see the cleaning process in action. Don't let them sit too long! Scrub lightly with a toothbrush to get the especially gritty areas clean. Shine them up with the baking soda paste above.

A mixture of lemon juice and a little salt works well also, followed of course by the baking soda treatment. Use ACTUAL juiced lemons, not lemonade from the freezer section or ReaLemon in that plastic lemon. Try each of these methods to see which one you like best.

After multiple trips to the Home Depot, we have discovered that the best way to prevent tarnish from returning to a cleaned coin is a good coat of Varathane Diamond Wood Finish (clear).

This is the same product that we use on the elongated pennies we have sealed into the cover of the PennyCollectorTM books during their manufacture.

Exposure to the air is what causes a penny to tarnish over time. The Varathane seals the penny to prevent the air from reaching its surface.

******************************************************************************************************

That's my 2 cents!

:goodvibes

wow that's a lot of steps!! I told my sister and she looked at me like this :scared1:
So I think she's just ok with the good ol penny holder book until she actually gets more serious about her pressed penny collection! Thanks for the info though! Always good to know!

Here! And following along! Your intros crack me up - and honestly I don't blame your sister for announcing the frozen coke - they are so GOOD, especially at Disney and especially if some Jack Daniels is added!!!

Haha, thank you!! Great to see you here!
She loved them, I think she got at least one a day. My sister doesn't really drink and she hates hard liquor so she'd never get anything to mar the taste of her frozen coke, LOL.

Hi! I’m joining in. I am pretty much a dis board stalker. I have read all your trip reports. I decided I should comment on this tr. I started following you on Instagram and loved all your insta stories about this trip. I am vicariously living through your trip! I can’t wait to read more.

Hi Amyrose! :wave2: Thank you so much for saying hi and for reading all my TRs!! :flower3:
I think you realize that I've been a Crazy Dis Asian for a long time, LOL. :rotfl:

Darn, how did I miss this???? I have been looking for it in the hopes that I'd be the first one here...No such luck! I'm very late for the party...LOL!!!

Love the pics of you, Steve and your sis, soooo cute!

Looks like the trip is off to a great start...

Hi Jenny!! :wave2: I know, this thread is really taking off! I love all the comments!!
Thank you!! We didn't realize but we coordinated on the travel outfits, that was not planned LOL.

Hi, following along.

hi Tammy! Thanks for joining!! :wave2:

Following along and loving your TR so far!

Thank you so much for joining and welcome! :wave2:

LOVE the TR title! I just saw Crazy Rich Asians on Friday and LOVED it. I cannot wait to watch it again. Also hoping theres a part 2? I mean they HAVE to show the wedding drama!

Hi Chloe, thank you!!
I think a sequel has just been greenlit! Yay!!

DH sounds like my DH haha closet Disney lover! I hope I can one day wear down my own DH to get DVC hahaha

I can't wait to hear more!

Haha yeah total closet. He won't admit it when he's around other people, always says it's my idea, but he has a lot of fun when he's there, I think he's just glad he doesn't have to plan a thing, LOL.

Following! Love the title. I read the book two summers ago and somehow it never registered that he wrote two sequels. After seeing the movie, I immediately bought the other two books and am now halfway through the last one. Such fun reads!

They are really fun reads!! I think I need to re-read them again since the book is a little different from the movie so I just wanted to see how they will film the sequels.

Anyway, I feel you pain with the heat. I rode the boat from Epcot to Hollywood Studios one day, thinking it would be cooler than walking. One of the skippers thought it would be nice to open a lot of windows, so the sun was streaming right in. It was miserable.

Can't wait to read the rest!

Ugh, yes the boats...they are hot both inside and out. It depends where the sun is and if there's a breeze. The worst is when you get stuck at the window and the sun is streaming in on you and three hot sweaty people seated next to you so you can't move.
We did walk from BC to DHS one morning for the Passholder Preview. It was a looong walk. I wonder if that is what caused my knee to give out.

I pout like a child when I don't get the front seat for this very reason. :)

OK you and me both!! LOL
Like how dare someone else sit in the front, and the worst is when we approach the sign and they don't even attempt to take picture!! The horror!

We always tip if we have a bag stored under the bus, but otherwise we don't.

Think this is the consensus all around! :)

Hi! Joining in. I read quite a few of your past TRs but I don't think I've ever commented before. I did comment on the May PTR because I would love to come for that one but I don't think I'm going to be able to pull it off.

My boss was down at Disney the same time you were so I'm going to have to keep an eye out for him in the background of your pictures.

Thank you so much for reading!!!
Ah that's so funny! That has happened to me where people have appeared in my pictures, LOL.

I totally get this one because I do the same thing. Is your sister as annoyed as I am that they are replacing some of the manual machines with automatic ones? A lot of them now just require you to put in a dollar and it spits out the penny. Half the fun of those machines is carrying your own shiny pennies to make the pressed ones and now you don't need them. :mad:

I have actually not gotten her opinion on this but I think she is ok with that if she's getting pennies for other people but if she wants her own, I think she likes to pick and select the pennies. I'll have to ask her!

Been there, done that at least three times. :rotfl: Last time the TSA rep told me to take the change out of my carry on bag and place it separately in the bin. I think you will still have to be inspected but at least they won't be rifling through your bag.

Yeah I'll tell her to do this next time. If there is a next time! I think the weight of all the coins really got to her, LOL.

That's awesome! Morning flights are definitely better, I found that out in August. My 8 pm flight turned into a 10 pm flight thanks to weather and I didn't make it to my room until 1 am. It made for a very tired me on my first park day.

Yeah they are pros and cons to both. I like getting in late the night before a planned trip and staying at the airport Hyatt so that way I don't have to take a day off from work and I can go straight to bed when I get off the plane instead of waiting around for ME. You feel so much better the next day! Gonna try and do this for an upcoming trip.

That's why I love the DIS! Everyone here just gets it while people in my regular life just shake their heads when I'm headed to Disney again.

Absolutely. This is my Disney family, right here! :grouphug:

I agree! I loved it in August and really appreciated Slinky Dog Dash. I'm getting to the age where RnRC and Space Mountain are just painful so SSD is a great alternative to those.

I really loved SDD!! It was so much fun, it is roomier than 7DMT which I really appreciated, and it feels like a longer ride too. I don't mind RnRC but Space gives me a neck ache!
Funny story here. I took the same picture in August and sent it to my Mom. She asked me why they were going to have boats to row people across the lake. :rotfl2:I had to explain they weren't that type of Gondola.

Hahaha. I wonder if they will still be running when there's lightning present. If they were smart they would make it lightning-resistant or something because those boats cannot move if there's lightning within a 7 mile radius so we spent 30 minutes waiting on a boat during the trip just because we couldn't move and no one wanted to take the bus (which was so far away!). Haven't the Gondola be an option would be great. although I'd be a little scared of getting in one of those cars with lightning...

Does that has JD in it??

AH TOPDOG! Another Crasy Dis Asian!!! Where have you been? Are you back on the DIS? LOL.
My sister doesn't drink so no JD for her!

Following along! :wave2:

Hi Raeven! Thank you!! Hope to see your new TR soon!

Love the title! I still haven't seen the movie but I heard it was so funny.

I always love reading your trip reports and this time with the added bonus of chunkysis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!