CRAZY DIS ASIANS! A Sept 2018 TR...COMPLETED 6/1 The last day!!

Here is Steve's SDD ride pic. The ride pictures are not always the best on SDD. Sometimes you are cut off and it's never flattering. But this one came out alright. Steve says it's because he's so good-looking. :lmao:

ifYObyP1kfN-5fmwl2_amn5anJQcrbXv7i6B3IO87mBQSBV6o8Plq4jmedSaENRWNR32IDyBqkUfYr6aQEE-84G44db0RanhJRdtm2mFsHHPFsqcAYVgHPNYTXXqMSoPRVa77oSE79jntZZLMnJKkFDIIH3tlZS3F_llsI8tqkShnMF4V5ZGnqUEUKYe8C-ww8vzZjInAn-2jJ6NZad8MSgDsWxJvwUFKSeGjCW9o8KlfpBcqmGhgtRlpXZU8suaSxtRZVPYh48HsVjd61eYm1NCCHaW-4VIM67cqeZLddICo6GO1DIxiZSgRkZJupL64O3nBbBqSNO_82D8huyymRyFF3zjtveaTAvoU-1Ho7xXBduDhIe1SLcZDmgE69JBsmCZe_qL9dZ9Wj3zICLj9IzSnBeGiSaXBPNZG1dVKdoGREp2D15VpfrLDQali1Hn8VWXBHPcI7AbfaEtLExW-qE-aa8ou2eyKH7P9kMhiccKSSOaITBRmXpmOC7sng_E69MyO46m5q0RUSvBvXfrBLebQOSUrUjkJjz4s83IqSeA6LiW5ja9OIgE0mGUqb8z3L76NtvDQ0fFvSRTCAB-z1lNZR1Ga28OJ_iaH1GrPGeycPCKTs9qr32RS3fyNcOYiTQjpNMGsE70J4j9krBO2kWQNw=w800-h533-no
Steve totally looks like he needs to be on the Top Gun movie poster or something. Odd we never got any pictures on SDD so I"m gonna go with our ride picture was definitely not the best :P

It's like she's never met him before from her expression:

qrk92nMIgwXp_y03wysHq0xmArQxDAG9wd5RXTJ5yUWp15WsFtHhMHeL4XxsrMlSx2HyvJTTQ1Mp9d3fSDETzcUjAT1VmEOSicBSjSLwiTcA7jhzRxEyfCajmHg4LJ__FHpf7MPOAE4h5xBuE11ukozaUZPfK0KSeXItTNZryJdj1uhQaXUdKq_561HSrTBiMvxC0MV0gg0lKjcXADo3_Qcw8tcJ8o5rqs2fQQsnlqfvQFpo972jDNwsDzuNUFWPXcyOfML6wDwEnxu5jHfSZ-4zVj22zJXQN8BDIemErB9Iijqh4Gpi-mBHkqjVdvw4RPLFzOUb7nWASEjSrWZzW778DVd3Jp6ej7XkycAnjdKLnsK_KHdDyIdiXOgAitV1_W7HLI1aex-AsK3m1OaS7CWxbK6AIvmqpDi44LQAyng_qtl9I_IWje4u8wmF0dEuKsMaB6sFJnQO5rkiaLP4EYZaNrbIp09MZgqIsur1ho46I64IZPtVg0ZVGvP6-VmoWmBgplBEkZVpvlaRxjmmd21Vc4sPCCbtuWFFRMCxsBiTMOf7S2bksvdWjOvX9lkxc3672AkTJywjDTnNIB5sk8s-LhGOMEKSxnufA_Z6NTdlAjuc0-OoLJa3pYu09LEkJDLChZAOTqCpkm7LYxRjq59sGw=w533-h800-no
It's like she's never met any character ever with that expression :-)

Great picture of you 3, though is the person next to ChunkySis sleeping :confused3

F7jPFAJMhNewFDqiM1Oh58-jTUQ0-hOG4IJ_JrYLZojmn_keG2i-J7Jc-q-fO02R4MNDSW53ATZ0k4e3tW5rWOoYmP_kxGvOCId0Lyvg--CAJDkLg_4sG6hARsrAMzt8r9TA9j4Cq1rby53dN4sW7tzQQSPwolA9EMLKL1Z2PK6_JY77MHJ9fmZewYzZ0CEgp1NQVatiQfVg4VW3m27KBpQ5ekhFBkZid3XD8Mj5q8LwBZfw0lZfv5KJqdgmf9sfU52qGHtcgwWplcO_Hsa_tqWtKh4siXe7AkSfbvbjTTALW0WN7qmnBeI_bthAa_s1e-uJKmIwENFlTV-j4KxviYttRRGB9OcB209_5_106YJyurW43O0NhqbC082-0qhMUiYtwk8ZDGyZgLMab2p1UlSImk0oCoJ_R6kelWOM56mdeDY3tP5XhXl6oPyinNvzYRq9XdPRU_o3-r2pkTbkrGO5fPnUkK0FxIV87Qcrwu-03Gd1V7X1Lan-2APBDeNvivUyztwo8ZhvMKe5wcegiSksMs2DbQbchAjA0-EgE8bg1Kr5BHzZR3ic1iocVd2UkkSrIZe_C_MGEoBrHM_6cATNJeHpP0aURFYWI3QuE4nOD1ln92PmfSPMdCJNe6GLKC13wY09ricCRXbVDGT0KAlWTQ=w800-h533-no

Steve and I were trying to do our best "Vogue" pose but he is way more vogue than me with my mouth hanging wide open.
I cannot not scream when we take off! :rotfl:
Totally looks like you all are trying to call a time out :rotfl:

Gotta say that "foam" looks a little too much like yogurt to me

Glad to hear your meal was so good, especially the steak!!!

Seriously? I quoted nothing?? How did this happen?!

Let's see....

I LOVE your alien shirt!!! TOO cute!
How lucky are you?! Front row on SDD, AND multiple rides on my favorite R'nRC!

Can't wait to see if your sister was able to meet the dwarfs!! It's one of my fav meets, too, even though I despise the waiting!

The ride pictures are not always the best on SDD. Sometimes you are cut off and it's never flattering.
I found that to be a problem too. Of the three SDD rides my family did, I think we only had one picture come out OK. I hope they improve this over time.

You can totally see into Galaxy's Edge which was very exciting.
I thought it was exciting too!

If you're here, I would just go for the steak!! It's really good and the mac n cheese is so creamy and delicious and all the flavors meld together really well. I think this is the best non-signature steak on property!
I had this, although it was 4 years ago, but I thought it was very good. I would definitely get it again.

I’ll have to try Mama Melrose and that steak next time I’m in the World. I’ve never been there, but that steak looks delicious!

And I loved seeing the Galaxy’s Edge progress from SDD this summer! It felt like a special sneak peek!

We always enjoy lunch at Mama's! I usually get one of their flatbreads and they're so yummy! That steak looks fantastic though, and I don't even LIKE steak!

I’m loving your trip report and all the outfits! We’re going to be eating at Teppan Edo and doing the Bon Voyage breakfast for the first time on our upcoming trip, I love seeing all the pics! I’ll be really disappointed if Flynn Rider isn’t there (my daughter will only refer to him as Eugene). How early did you get in line for Mulan? She is on our must-see list this trip.

I am not sure what he was whispering to me but it wasn't Spanish! I love Buzz and don't get to meet him often because his line is usually soooo long in MK.
His line wasn't that much shorter here, but since I had nothing else to do...
Yeah I normally don't bother with many character photos but I want to see the Toy Story gang in their Christmas accessories!

The ride pictures on SDD are not the best, also they give you pictures of everyone in the ride vehicle, not just your car. So you have to sift through a couple additional pictures to find yours. Not a big deal but when you already have thousands of pictures in your memory maker from last year, it can be quite time consuming especially when using the horribly designed photopass site.
See? That is a legitimate complaint from a true Disney fan. :laughing:
Ugh, that is going to suck!

Everything was delicious aside from the Mama's pasta. We all thought the chicken was bland and rubbery. The pasta was good but there was way too many tomatoes and not enough pasta so it was like chicken and sauteed tomatoes.
Yeah, even from the photo it doesn't look the most appetizing! Still want to try the steak though!

What a fun morning! Trying to refrain from AS2 jokes... I can be a grown up, I can be a grown up... :rolleyes1

Mama Melrose steak sure gets a lot of accolades. Might need to check that out!

Breakfast looked good.

The ride pictures are not always the best on SDD. Sometimes you are cut off and it's never flattering. But this one came out alright. Steve says it's because he's so good-looking. :lmao:
:rotfl2:

I love the Mussels at Mama Melroses, so yummy, but that steak looks great.

Too soon?
::yes::::yes::::yes::

I dragged Steve over to AS2 because when we're both wearing alien t-shirts we must take a picture with...The Claw! And a little green parachuter!
Yes! You couldn't not! You guys really had some awesome pictures that day :thumbsup2

Steve and I were trying to do our best "Vogue" pose but he is way more vogue than me with my mouth hanging wide open.
I cannot not scream when we take off! :rotfl:
I didn't think it was possible to not scream at take off! :laughing:

I made another pit stop to check Dee's Corner. @natebenma it's looking good and nice and empty for once so people don't stare at my strangely when I take pictures of them, haha.
I can't even fathom the number of times I've thought to myself when taking pictures at Disney "only a DISer would understand" :rotfl:

Steve says it's because he's so good-looking.

:rotfl2: That sounds exactly like something my DH would say.

It is from Arribas Bros. in Disney Springs.

I spend way too much time and money in that store! Of course I also love Ever After Jewelry Co. and can spend just as much time and money there.

I love Buzz and don't get to meet him often because his line is usually soooo long in MK.

I've only met Buzz one time and it was a very weird meet. He took my hand and just wouldn't let go. I think he was trying to be affectionate but it went on a bit too long and crossed over to the creepy and uncomfortable.

The Claw! And a little green parachuter!

Cool! I never saw a photographer there last week but we did find one at the Checker Wall.

I've heard some people complain about being able to see into Galaxy's Edge, and that it ruins the "magic" of being exclusively in Toy Story Land.
Seriously?
You're in a theme park, get over it.

Totally agree with you on this one. I don't get why it's a problem there and not elsewhere. :confused3 You can see pretty much the whole park from the top of TOT (although it's only a small glimpse before you start falling) and I never hear complaints about that.

The ride pictures on SDD are not the best, also they give you pictures of everyone in the ride vehicle, not just your car.

Huh, that's weird. I just got the car I was in for both my August and October trips. We did have one ride last week where the cameras weren't working. I never saw the flashes go off and the picture didn't show up in our account.

I chose Mama Melrose as the only option for us as part of the Fantasmic! Dinner package. We were on the dinning package and I had heard so many bad reviews about Hollywood and vine and we didn't want to pay 2 table service credits for Brown Derby. We were very surprised by how good Mama Melrose was. It has become one of my husbands favorite places. One of the few he still talks about.

The girl in the front row is a riot!

There's always someone in a ride shot that is so funny!

Love this magic shot! GAM are the BEST!

They are!! I love that they did this!

Thanks once again for checking on my corner. I shall award you the "Dee's Corner Caretaker Award" Great wide shot- like you said, not always possible when it is crowded and you don't want to look like a creepy stalker.

Oooh thank you!!!
Haha yeah I've gotten the strange stares before. It's worse now that there isn't anything to see in the window so it's not like I can pretend to take pictures of the candy makers.

Thanks for the tip on what to order at Mama Melrose. Have not been there since a Fantasmic! lunch n 2010. The pasta with chicken does not look good at all. But YUM on the salad and double YUM on the steak!

Yeah I'd skip that pasta and go just for the steak and salad. It's the exact meal I had on my solo trip and it was perfect!

Not bad! Betting he walked pretty quickly.

He's a lot faster...without me. :laughing:

I've heard that. I guess that's just the norm now for new rides.

Yup unfortunately you must be there at crack of dawn and walk...very fast.

I love how you laugh at that... you know you married him, right?

:laughing:

We just celebrated out 10th anniversary yesterday.
I also have a high tolerance for pain.

Pretty!

I like your necklace, too.

Thank you :)

:laughing: She's so excited! :goodvibes

Every character she meets it's like she's seeing them for the first time!

This would seem to be a must.

Yes.

You do know you can get the front row every time, right?

Yes but we got the front without ASKING, which is like getting B1 in Soarin' without asking. So I considering extra serendipitous when we get front row without asking! We did ask several times before that.

No kidding. Boo hoo! It's not 100% perfect during construction!!

Some people live in a bubble.

I've done that!
When I went with my youngest DD... we walked out and the ground was wet and everyone had fled indoors. We went over to TOT and rode it twice with zero wait and then less than 5 minutes wait.
After we rode the second time, there was a line forming and about a 40 minute wait, so we zipped back to RNR where the wait was only about 15. When we got off that, it was back up to over 30 (don't quite remember).

Indoor rides are the perfect escape for the rain!

"That child ain't right in the head, takin' photos of blank walls..."

There is something wrong with me. I think.

How was that?

It's good! I like this better than the minute maid lemonades. The foam is just fruity and melts into the drink to give it a berry flavor.

Umm.... I have read the rest of the chapter, but... as soon as I saw that I thought "Hmm... that looks more like a hunk of chicken with a little bit of pasta... and a lot of tomatoes."

Yup, it was like they had some leftover tomatoes from a previous dish and threw the chicken on there. Where's the pasta?!?

The chicken looks bland and rubbery. Where's the sear?

It's painted on, like a spray tan.

:laughing: Hope she gets that shot!

:rolleyes1

I love your shirt, so cute

Thank you!! I bought it in Disneyland 2 years ago and just waited for the perfect moment to wear it!

Yup unfortunately you must be there at crack of dawn and walk...very fast.

Yep. With elbows up.

We just celebrated out 10th anniversary yesterday.

I also have a high tolerance for pain.

:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Every character she meets it's like she's seeing them for the first time!

I believe you!

Yes but we got the front without ASKING, which is like getting B1 in Soarin' without asking. So I considering extra serendipitous when we get front row without asking! We did ask several times before that.

"We rode four different roller coasters two times each. And we got the front row every time!"

"Hey! That's great!"

"We wanted the back row."

"Oh."

Some people live in a bubble.

Sounds like fun. And sterile. No more colds! Woot!

Indoor rides are the perfect escape for the rain!

::yes::

There is something wrong with me. I think.

:laughing:

(As she notes he didn't disagree...)

It's good! I like this better than the minute maid lemonades. The foam is just fruity and melts into the drink to give it a berry flavor.

Sounds yummy!

Yup, it was like they had some leftover tomatoes from a previous dish and threw the chicken on there. Where's the pasta?!?

Note to self... order something else.

It's painted on, like a spray tan.

What? This is a game changer! Now I want it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!