Cranium Command's Buzzy has been stolen

The fact that someone this stupid was able to get away with this stuff as long as he did doesn’t exactly make you feel great about Disney’s security.

There's a YouTube who regularly uploads videos of him going backstage, including where Buzzy is, he doesn't always gets tackled by CMs who see him. I think he was given a 'lifetime ban' but, Disney isn't great on terrible guest behaviour. Perhaps it's an inside job.

In NO WAY do I condone the theft of Buzzy, but let's get real here; if Disney really did value Buzzy, they never would have shut the ride down. I suppose they could re-purpose him like they did with the animatronics from America Sings, but that seems doubtful. Their decision to make, of course, but if I was Disney I'd be selling the "we dismantled and disposed of Buzzy a long time ago" angle. Go after the guy for trespassing and ban him for life - nothing more to see here...

I think what they aught to do is make a museum at Disney springs, with old props etc. It would be safer storage for most of this stuff, and would allow those nostalgic enough to care a chance to see the stuff.
When the NBA experience fails, maybe convert the space to that museum.

In NO WAY do I condone the theft of Buzzy, but let's get real here; if Disney really did value Buzzy, they never would have shut the ride down. I suppose they could re-purpose him like they did with the animatronics from America Sings, but that seems doubtful. Their decision to make, of course, but if I was Disney I'd be selling the "we dismantled and disposed of Buzzy a long time ago" angle. Go after the guy for trespassing and ban him for life - nothing more to see here...
Just because you aren’t using something, doesn’t mean it becomes worthless.

"The first question Robin asked, ‘Was any of this stuff stolen?’ [Spikes] said, ‘No, it’s not,'" Finley told authorities."

Haha, well that's good enough for me, I'll take it! :rolleyes2

Lol. I have been trying to think of away to leave with mr Toad statue in the queue at DL. Still haven’t figured that one out.....
Lol

Update on this story. The Orange County Sheriff's Office released new reports related to the Buzzy theft.

Turns out Disney didn't report the theft when it happened, but only confirmed it to police when they called about it a week later.

Detectives also had to spend time searching an animatronic lab at Disney World based on an unfounded (and apparently false) assertion from a guy named "Hoot Gibson" who tweeted that Buzzy was in Disney's possession and never actually stolen.

This whole saga is so weird.

Orlando Rising: Disney waited a week to report Epcot animatronic theft to police

Detectives also had to spend time searching an animatronic lab at Disney World based on an unfounded (and apparently false) assertion from a guy named "Hoot Gibson" who tweeted that Buzzy was in Disney's possession and never actually stolen.

As silly as the name "Hoot Gibson" is, this is probably someone that should be considered credible in these matters. He's well known inside the "urban explorers" community. He was one of the first and most well known to explore backstage areas of Disney attractions. Here's a little documentary of his SEVERAL times trespassing on Horizons, mostly will the ride was still running.

I'm not supporting on damning the people that do these things, but if anyone would know about up to date news in Disney urban exploring, it would be this guy.

I'm not supporting on damning the people that do these things, but if anyone would know about up to date news in Disney urban exploring, it would be this guy.

I can see why people may have believed him, but the police report obtained by this Orlando Rising site is pretty damning in smacking down his credibility when he claimed Disney had Buzzy.

From the article quoting the police report: "None of the Central Shops’ employees recognized the subject as anyone who would have the access required to know what is housed in the animatronics lab. I was also advised that there would be no lawful reason for Ensign to be inside WDW Central Shops. After inspecting Central Shops and the Animatronics Lab I was confident that the Buzzy animatronic was not at either location as alleged.”

I would argue all he did was waste detectives' time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!