Cranium Command's Buzzy has been stolen

The Pho

A heck of a paleontologist if I do say so myself
https://mobile.twitter.com/i/web/status/1076313297710915584

This was the first report but since it has come from multiple other places.

Apparently somebody snuck into the Cranium Command theater back in November and cut his (active) hydraulic cables. The entire animatronic and its base were taken. Then managed to get him out of the park unnoticed. Disney believed that BackDoorDisney, the guy that has been leaking a bunch of backstage pictures was the one that did it and he was arrested, but Buzzy was not found.

This would be pretty crazy if true.

Last edited:
They probably walked right into the theater, that's not exactly hard. Then put Buzzy in a stroller covered by a blanket. Getting in the tools would also be as easy as waiting for the right gap to avoid the metal detector.

How big is the figure? I always thought figure you see in a show are bigger than you think when you get up close so wouldn’t think he would fit in a stroller - but I could be way off

Definitely a crazy story if true

They probably walked right into the theater, that's not exactly hard. Then put Buzzy in a stroller covered by a blanket. Getting in the tools would also be as easy as waiting for the right gap to avoid the metal detector.

You can just walk right into the theater?

You can just walk right into the theater?
People have done it, the security isn’t exactly Fort Knox level around wonders of life.

I think the hardest part is getting in the building though, as I’m not sure if the front doors are consistently unlocked. I’ve heard from you tubers who have done it that cast members use the pavilion entrance though, so maybe it is that easy.

People have done it, the security isn’t exactly Fort Knox level around wonders of life.

I think the hardest part is getting in the building though, as I’m not sure if the front doors are consistently unlocked. I’ve heard from you tubers who have done it that cast members use the pavilion entrance though, so maybe it is that easy.
He was supposedly stolen in November, haven't gotten a confirmed date from an insider yet (but they do know exactly when it happened). So potentially, Wonders could have been open for Food and Wine when they entered.

Last edited:

How big is the figure? I always thought figure you see in a show are bigger than you think when you get up close so wouldn’t think he would fit in a stroller - but I could be way off

Definitely a crazy story if true

He was stolen along with his chair, but he's small enough that a stroller would be possible, but it would weigh about 300 pounds making that a little tougher.

Do we know for sure it was stolen? This is just a very weird story. It sort of centers around the now terminated BackDoorDisney twitter account too.
I haven't seen any concrete confirmation. Anybody I would trust fully hasn't gotten back to me yet with any useful answer.

It would be funny if Bob Iger got a photo of Buzzy with a recent newspaper in the mail. I'm sure the abductor could ask at least for 10 dollars for it. Afterall he was the star of one of the worst attractions ever.

Poor Buzzy must have been freaking out when he was taken.

This is pretty funny lol. Reminds me of the stories I have heard of people trying and failing to steal Madame Leota from the Haunted Mansion.... this was a bit easier, I'm assuming, but still, what a heist!

Police suspect the abductor, who was wearing a large drench coat had nothing on under it and he had devious intentions planned with Buzzy. You are asked to alert the authorities if you see poor Buzzy.

He is only 29 years old, very short for his age and has on a pair of oversized glasses. Last time he was seen he also had on a headset, a green hat and small brown leather coat. He usually has a happy, almost goofy expression on his face, but that may have changed since the abduction.

Last edited:
300 lbs? Do any strollers accommodate that weight? Would be very tough to look like you are only pushing a stroller with a blanket if there is 300lbs on it. If true, sounds more like the thief had inside help and was ushered backstage to make a getaway.

300 lbs? Do any strollers accommodate that weight? Would be very tough to look like you are only pushing a stroller with a blanket if there is 300lbs on it. If true, sounds more like the thief had inside help and was ushered backstage to make a getaway.
My thought as well. Also what could they have cut the hydraulic line with that you could get into theme park?

Reactions: cm8
Wow this story is unbelievable if true. Honestly I’m not buying it. Only possibility to me is that it was some kind of an inside job.

This is all a scam to sell Buzzy merch before they announce WoL will be bulldozed to make way for something new. Wait, that would actually be good news. Disregard this theory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!