• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cranial sachio (sp?) ?

riu girl

DIS Veteran
Today I took DD8 to see a naturalpath (it in itself was a great experience, I and DD felt very comfotable with her :goodvibes ) and it looks like she might reccommend some supplements for DD.

Due to some of DDs current issues along with an extremely traumatic birth (infant distress, vacuum extractor, had to be revived at birth, was in special care nursery for a few days after birth etc etc) she feels that DD may also benefit from seeing a cranial sachio person.

My question: Has anyone ever sent their child to see a cranial person and if so would you mind sharing your experiences with me?

Thank you
Suzy V.

Cranial sacral is a really good therapeutic technique. It is very helpful for neck and back muscle spasms for DH & I.
A friend has an adult daughter with CP and CRanial Sacral would give her enough relief of muscle spasm to allow her to walk short distances.
The Upledger site lists practicioners and i would choose one with the most extensive training.

My daughter's PT has had Cranio Saccral (CS) training.....she does some of this when DD needs it....the other day we were at PT after DD had a (baby) tooth extracted (it wouldn't come out and the new one was coming in already)....and the PT did some CS to help with the pain from all the wrenching (it was a tough tooth!) to get the tooth out.
She also does it to release her shoulders, DD clasps her hands in front of her in a repetitive fashion, like clapping kind of, and this causes her shoulders to become tight........it's a very gentle technique, the PT (we've been seeing her for 8 1/2 years now!) has described it as "thinking of moving your hands apart, but not really moving them" as they're strategically placed on different body parts.
I've seen improvement in my daughter, and it seems very gentle, I would look into it.

My DD is almost 9 and her birth sounds very similar to your DD's. We did CS for a while and it was wonderful. The only reason we stopped was the cost. Our insurance didn't cover it, and we were paying $85 a week. I would highly recommend it. It's not a miracle cure, but my DD really liked it. It's very gentle and I would personally love to have it done regularly.
If you can afford it, or your insurance will pay for it, I don't think there is any downside to it. It's gentle and very relaxing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter