Craft beer drinkers unite

Has anyone checked out the Key Lime Pie store in Cocoa Beach? Looks like they have a good selection of Florida beer to take on the ship.

Has anyone checked out the Key Lime Pie store in Cocoa Beach? Looks like they have a good selection of Florida beer to take on the ship.
26952046_1950449741649747_3362035068041201216_o.jpg

Was on the Fantasy Eastern Caribbean last week, did the beer tasting, took some photos of the beer at different bars, picked up our beer at the Key Lime Pie Store before the cruise. Bought some beer at the Pueblo grocery store by the port in St. Thomas . Went to the Tap and Still at the port there, small brewery there and a pretty good selection of craft beer. They do have a bottle of 2015 Utopias at O'Gill's for $300. Will try to add some photos and more details later.

28701197_10155273222637409_4862669837443782971_o.jpg

Florida beer at the Key Lime Pie store in Cocoa Beach. They had more in a cooler too. You can mix and match 6 packs.

Is this the closest store to Port Canaveral or are there other choices? And what I’m looking for is mix and match of craft (or crafty) beer options. Although I’m ok if no mix and match but decent selection of craft beer (grocery store?) as long as it’s close to Port Canaveral.

Is this the closest store to Port Canaveral or are there other choices? And what I’m looking for is mix and match of craft (or crafty) beer options. Although I’m ok if no mix and match but decent selection of craft beer (grocery store?) as long as it’s close to Port Canaveral.

No it's not the closest but it was right by the hotel I stayed at in Cocoa Beach the night before the cruise. I like to drink local craft beer wherever I am so it was perfect for me. We checked a couple of grocery stores in the area but they didn't have great selections of individual bottles. It was kind of better to have a slightly limited selection since we could only bring 6 each too.

Sunseed Co-op has a pretty decent selection of craft beer as well. They're pretty close to the port.

Looking for somewhere in Miami to get beer and wine for a cruise, preferably between Fort Lauderdale Airport and Miami airport, any suggestions? Also in Key West?

Looking for somewhere in Miami to get beer and wine for a cruise, preferably between Fort Lauderdale Airport and Miami airport, any suggestions? Also in Key West?

Union Beer Store wins in Miami, but they're not open very early. Crown Wine & Spirits does a really good job too.

In Key West the best place to drink good beer is The Porch on Caroline, just SW of Duval Street. It's virtually at the corner of Duval and Caroline. They typically open at 11. That's where I spend a goodly amount of my time when I'm on The Rock. There are no others like it in EYW. Period. Cork & Stogie is nice, but not The Porch. If you just want good atmosphere with OK beer, you'll have a hard time beating either Schooner Wharf Bar or The Green Parrot. Both are Key West dives and are worth the stop just to spend time where locals go when they get too close to Duval.

If you can find a Total Wine within the location I would say that would be your best bet. I know for a fact that some of the ones in Miami don't get hit as hard for the rare beers, and tend to have them in stock longer.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looked at Google maps a bit more and MIA brewery is right by our hotel for the night before the cruise so I will probably get some cans there if I don't find anything better looking for wine for my sister. Looks like Key West just has a few smaller liquor stores so will see what we come across doing the hop on hop off tour and walking around. Sadly only there until 3 ish so not much time to visit bars, hopefully at least hit up the Porch :-) Then Pirate Republic brewing in Nassau. Between those and my cruise beer mug I should be good!! Will see if there's any new beer on the Magic.

Thanks for the suggestions. Looked at Google maps a bit more and MIA brewery is right by our hotel for the night before the cruise so I will probably get some cans there if I don't find anything better looking for wine for my sister. Looks like Key West just has a few smaller liquor stores so will see what we come across doing the hop on hop off tour and walking around. Sadly only there until 3 ish so not much time to visit bars, hopefully at least hit up the Porch :-) Then Pirate Republic brewing in Nassau. Between those and my cruise beer mug I should be good!! Will see if there's any new beer on the Magic.

Fausto's on Fleming at Southard usually has some craft beers in stock. Not a lot, but a few. You *can* buy beer-to-go at The Porch, though. If you are on Old Town Trolley's HOHO, stop 4 will be 1.5 blocks from The Porch. When you get off the trolley and stand facing the La Concha/Wine O bar, turn right and head northwest. You'll cross Eaton and then you'll be walking past Berkshire Hathaway Realty, The Oldest House and Caroline's Cafe. The next corner will be Caroline. Turn left and *immediately* head another 45* left into the garden walkway of the Victorian at the corner of Caroline and Duval. That's the Porch. Up the steps and in the door on the left. The bar will be right in front of you, and their taps are listed on a constantly updated video screen to the left, behind the bar. Their bottles and cans should also be listed on the screen right in front of you, above the bar when you walk in. If you need to sell your traveling partners on going in, there's a restroom in there too, to the right as you come in the door. :D The air conditioning is usually pretty good as well. Lost Weekend liquor store and Mr. Cheapee's liquor store are across the street from The Porch, on Caroline, right next door to each other. Pick up a bottle Key West Legal Raw and Unfiltered rum if you can. It's pretty darned good.

Stop 2 is really close to Schooner Wharf Bar. Stop 3 is a block from Sloppy Joe's (if that's your kind of thing. It's not mine) and two blocks from The Porch. You can go see Robert the Doll at Stop 9.

Fausto's on Fleming at Southard usually has some craft beers in stock. Not a lot, but a few. You *can* buy beer-to-go at The Porch, though. If you are on Old Town Trolley's HOHO, stop 4 will be 1.5 blocks from The Porch. When you get off the trolley and stand facing the La Concha/Wine O bar, turn right and head northwest. You'll cross Eaton and then you'll be walking past Berkshire Hathaway Realty, The Oldest House and Caroline's Cafe. The next corner will be Caroline. Turn left and *immediately* head another 45* left into the garden walkway of the Victorian at the corner of Caroline and Duval. That's the Porch. Up the steps and in the door on the left. The bar will be right in front of you, and their taps are listed on a constantly updated video screen to the left, behind the bar. Their bottles and cans should also be listed on the screen right in front of you, above the bar when you walk in. If you need to sell your traveling partners on going in, there's a restroom in there too, to the right as you come in the door. :D The air conditioning is usually pretty good as well. Lost Weekend liquor store and Mr. Cheapee's liquor store are across the street from The Porch, on Caroline, right next door to each other. Pick up a bottle Key West Legal Raw and Unfiltered rum if you can. It's pretty darned good.

Stop 2 is really close to Schooner Wharf Bar. Stop 3 is a block from Sloppy Joe's (if that's your kind of thing. It's not mine) and two blocks from The Porch. You can go see Robert the Doll at Stop 9.

Thank you so much for all the detail!! Will definitely follow some of your directions, I am sure my friends will need bathrooms, and air conditioning :-) I only wish I had more time in Key West. Spent a week there 5 years ago and loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!