Crab legs and what?

RumpleMom

DIS Veteran
What do I serve with King crab legs? They are fully cooked. I have cocktail sauce, but want to serve melted butter too. What do I use ? Butter, margarine, unsalted butter ? Do I add anything to whatever I melt?

The restaurant menu always says served with drawn butter. So what is drawn butter?

Thanks for your help.

Drawn Butter is defined in Webster's as melted butter often with seasoning.

I melt butter and add lemon juice. Served with baked potato, green salad.

Cheryl :bounce:

I still have my old American Heritage Dictionary from college - eons ago! It says that drawn butter is "the clarified butter that separates from the salt & curds after melting, often used with herbs as a sauce." The salt & curds are the "white stuff" that yummy72 skims off. I remember watching the Galloping Gourmet do this between glasses of wine. This definition combined with the way Yummy does it is exactly what I remember him doing.

d

Oh - & we really like a big baked potato (with sour cream & chives) and nice garden salad with the legs.

I like your definition better piratesmate. I'd say I need to get a new dictionary but this one was at work and I'm sure they think that one is just fine. ;) LOL MMMMM Crab Legs and butter I'm getting hungry!

Cheryl :bounce:

Ok, so I melt the butter, skim off the white stuff and add lemon juice. It sounds like a good plan for New Year's Eve. Thank you.

I also forgot to add in my previous post that we boil our crab legs in the McCormick Seafood boil. It has you add lemons and salt to the boil. Very flavorful.

Also when we do our crab legs, I put in mini corn on the cobs, smoked sausage pieces, shrimp and small red potatoes. That way the entire dinner is in one pot. I usually cook the potatoes partially first b/c they need to cook longer than the crab. But I throw them in so they absorb the flavor from the crab boil. Also, the shrimp doesn't cook very long or it gets tough. In the summer we do this outside in our big "turkey frier/crab boiler" and dump it on the picnic table covered in newspaper. No plates! Then I serve it with the drawn butter, cocktail sauce and lemon slices.

YUM! We may have to do this tonight :)

Good Luck and Happy New Year!
Candi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter