CR Garden Wing or CBR

ecefaratti

Earning My Ears
Assuming we are able to get a military discount, we could *fairly* easily afford a Garden Wing room at the Contemporary or we could very easily afford a room at CBR. I have stayed in the tower at CR several times growing up, and it is where we stayed on our honeymoon years ago and absolutely loved it. We are traveling with 5 adults and 3 kids so we will need two rooms regardless of where we stay. We will also have 2 scooters to find a home for. I know the rooms at CR are much larger so that would definitely be a plus. I'm trying to figure out if it is much less convenient to be in the garden wing, but I also realize you could be very far away from the amenities at CBR as well. I'm so torn, please help :)

I would definitely do CR GW. I've stayed there as well as in the tower. GW is much quieter but you are still steps away from the restaurants and shops in the tower, and you can walk to MK.

Contemporary without a shadow of a doubt. The location, the dining options, the ease of getting around the MK resort area for more dining, the ability to walk to MK, the larger rooms... to me, there's no comparison.

I would absolutely go with CR garden wing. We stayed there last week for the second time and just love it. It is really quiet and you are only a short walk to the pool and the main building. We always do at least 2 MK days, so being able to walk to the park is just such a huge plus, and you have the monorail. The rooms are so nice and spacious, and the bathroom has a separate toilet room, which is really nice. I always request a first floor room, so we can have a patio to sit outside.
We've stayed at CBR also, and did not care for it. The rooms are obviously smaller than CR and we found the bus service to be slow, although I know they have the skyliner now, so maybe not as much of an issue now.

I love the CR Garden Wing. It's very quiet and you don't have to contend with the elevators in the tower which are very often very crowded. You can walk straight to the MK path, plus you are closer to the pool.

I'm going to say CR Garden Wing because you have two scooters in your group. The ability to get those on the monorail vs. bus loading for two parks - big plus for you all.

I'd go with Contemporary. The skyliner sounds great in some aspects, though I've read on here of people showing up very early to get on the skyliner, so that dissuades me personally. That, the room size, and I don't like exterior hotel doors. So, I'd go CR unless it's a budget or real preference on the beachy setting of the other.

With the walking trail now open at the Grand Floridian, you can now walk around Seven Seas Lagoon "almost" in it's entirety. I'm staying at the Contemporary GW in January and am really looking forward to walking to the GF and the Poly on my resort day. If you're resort hopping to non-Magic Kingdom locations also (i.e. AKL) its also nice to be able to just walk to the MK bus hub which has direct buses EVERYWHERE. That's huge if you don't have a car, and even if you do have a car, you can still ge into other resorts with no ADRs.

If you are on the second or third floor of the Garden Wing, the elevator will be smaller than the ones in the tower. So you might have the scooters go one at a time. It might be possible to get both in the elevator, but I don't remember so good since it was a long time since we stayed in the Wing Bldg. Room was spacious though. Much larger than CBR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter