Berry2204

Earning My Ears
My baby will be almost 2 when we go on our cruise that is stopping in Castaway Cay and Cozumel. I'm obviously not worried about excursions in Castaway Cay because we will just have a beach day but its been a while since I've been to Cozumel and am wondering what kind of excursions would be a good fit for our family. I'm big on car seat safety so if we do an excursion, the only way I would feel semi comfortable is if we were on a very large transit type bus. Anyone have any advice? Beach days or other baby friendly excursions that transport in a very large, enclosed bus or ferry? We are also open to experiences around the port within walking distance. Thanks in advance.

There's a lot of touristy type of shops around the port, don't know if there's really anything else you could walk to. We went to Chankanaab Park to do a dolphin excursion. We rode in enclosed vans, they weren't nice and big like you want though. I felt safe in them, but I didn't have a 2 yr old. You could see about renting a car and see if it would come with a car seat. Pretty much every Caribbean island we have been to isn't very kid safe as far as excursion transportation goes(open air vehicles and no seat belts).

Highly recommend Playa Mia. We went when out daughter was little and loved it. There is a cute Pirate splash area for little kids in addition to the beach. We leaving for our cruise next week and are planning to head there again with our kids (now 9 and 4).

Highly recommend Playa Mia. We went when out daughter was little and loved it. There is a cute Pirate splash area for little kids in addition to the beach. We leaving for our cruise next week and are planning to head there again with our kids (now 9 and 4).
This is what I was looking at actually! I was reading the description after I posted and it said they bring you there on a air conditioned motor coach. Did you feel comfortable with the transportation to the beach?

Did a beach day in Cozumel with a 1.5yo.

Bus was ok, splash area was great. Beach was perfect.

Have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!