• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cozumel Lighthouses

vgaskin

Mouseketeer
My mom is a lighthouse nut and she found out there is 2 lighthouses on Cozumel, one on each end of the island. Is there any Disney shore excursions that go by the lighthouses? They don't have to stop at them, they just want to see them. Is there on that goes by both? They will only go on Disney shore excursions, this is their first cruise and are alittle paranoid.

also, are there any on Grand Cayman and if so, where and same questions as above?

Thanks
Tiffany

The one on the north end is hard to get to. You will need a 4-wheel drive and time. There is a one lane road and other will be on it so you must be caareful and make sure you have a spare tire and jack incase you get a flat on the rough road. I don't know anything about the southern lighthouse.

Originally posted by vgaskin
My mom is a lighthouse nut and she found out there is 2 lighthouses on Cozumel, one on each end of the island. Is there any Disney shore excursions that go by the lighthouses? They don't have to stop at them, they just want to see them. Is there on that goes by both? They will only go on Disney shore excursions, this is their first cruise and are alittle paranoid.

We were there last year and did the Kayak trip and they stopped at the lighthouse and you could walk inside and look around and even climb the 150 or so steps to get to the top and get a spectacular view of the island.....if you do this excursion, I highly recommend you bring plenty of bug repellent such as Avon's Skin So Soft as the mosquitos are very bad here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter