Cousin, eat until you sleep! Mom/Dtr. Trip, 2/17-2/24/18.*NEW TR Link* 5/1*

I feel so badly for people who are there for their "once in a lifetime" trip and experience this type of thing. It's bad enough for people like us who are fortunate enough to go often. I know there's nothing Disney can really do sometimes, these things happen, but it still stinks!

Fun!

Not a good night at MK for rides, yikes.

This must have been such a treat :goodvibes

90s sitcoms... :cloud9:
I did feel so bad for people trying to enjoy MK this evening it was not good.
I have read on here this year so far has been bad for many ride malfunctions and being down for long periods.
It was so weird about Splash because just refurbished and it was done a lot :confused3

I’m going to keep going on this TR so I can finish up before our trip on Tuesday!!

Day 7, Part 1. Yay rides are up and running at MK.

Today was our last full day at Disney, wow the time flies when having fun:banana:
We decided to head back to MK for EMH. This started at 8am. We were on our way at 7:30. When we got in, the line was being held by the castle. The CM scanned our bands and we were off to PPF right at 8am. We walked on and were flying over London before you knew it. Our flight stopped by the lost boys for a little bit. This was the first time this happened that I remember. It wasn’t long and we were back on our way.

We did Fairytale Hall next, first up was Tiana and Elena, this was a fun meet, both were very gracious.
3E321CF1-EE69-47D5-8DDD-7F1577B8BA0B.jpeg
C631BF2B-8269-49EC-B7C4-A2F1DA9A9799.jpeg

We circled around and did the other side and met Rapunzel and Cinderella. There was the cutest little boy with his older sister in front of us and it was so fun watching him with the Princesses, he was in awe! He just stared at them with his mouth open, then he started to hug and not let go, just precious. We had a nice meet, I don’t remember what we talked about, I enjoy getting a picture after Andi has visited with them.
CDF72A71-0BD4-4536-BB85-AE734C02B921.jpeg 8D284460-B0EE-4625-B520-6334E87DAC39.jpeg

It was almost regular park opening so we lined up by the tangled bathrooms to be let in the other part of the park. We did BTMRR, it was up and running, yay! We enjoyed our wild ride!
EEF50526-3FD4-4259-9370-950DC72BA2C7.jpeg
Walked on to Pirates and then we did the Tiki room again, Philharmagic, and Under the Sea.
88D56AFE-4976-4D8C-88F0-BA8EC5EC2BB4.jpeg
Under the Sea was acting really wonky. It would slow down, stop for a minute then speed up. The music was off as well, it was strange. We once had to be evacuated from this ride but not this morning. I love Philharmagic such a classic. I am a real softie in there. I tear up every time I see the Lion King part because it reminds me of my son Jack. He absolutely loved the Lion King when he was 2, we would watch it about 20x a week, ahh such wonderful memories! Plus who doesn’t love mischievous Donald Duck!

We sat and watched Gaston interact with people before our early ADR at BoG. We walked over to the Beast’s castle and sat to wait. I was told the last time we were here you cannot check in early! Well, as we were waiting a CM came up to us with an IPad and checked us in early and sent us on our way to the castle. It was nice to get early. We had preordered so we paid and took a seat in the Library room. I decided to have the pot roast and Andi had the Croque Monsieur. My lunch was very good. The meat was tender and flavorful, mashed potatoes and green beans with it were yummy! I was very happy with my meal. Andi’s sandwich was very good as well. We shared the Master’s cupcake. This is my favorite one there. Cookies and cream whipped topping on a chocolate cake. I read on here BoG was using the paper plates now but that was not the case for us. Our food was still served on real dishes. I would say this room is my least favorite to sit in. I just love the ballroom.
BB94964D-A189-451B-B121-29AAE01BDDBF.jpeg
135B0CE4-4EBC-42F1-BFDB-25DD68C62441.jpeg

We decided to go take a break at the resort after lunch. We found our ME info on the door when we got to the room ugh!:scared1:

Stay tuned for Part 2 A quick visit to AK!

Attachments

• 449494B9-2C08-40A5-9552-AA257AA02401.jpeg
    449494B9-2C08-40A5-9552-AA257AA02401.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 9
  • C6BE766D-29F5-4981-8628-5A7E00E5A25E.jpeg
    C6BE766D-29F5-4981-8628-5A7E00E5A25E.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 9
Day 7 cont................. A quick trip to AK and saying goodbye to the parks.................

We were off to AK after exploring the resort area a litttle more. We found the pop machine on the last day by the pool bar. So, if you are staying at BLT there is a place to fill your mug. We thought you had to go all the way to Contempo Cafe so we never did get one for Andi.
6B49B840-8D4A-4F39-A5F2-7FE04D3142F8.jpeg 69281968-E5D2-4206-8114-EC4BFC8F63FA.jpeg 85502D8F-0024-4870-9E6C-95AEF7F280E6.jpeg

We had a FP for FoP coming up so off to Pandora. Such a fun and unique area. Just like last time, we walked through the FP queue very quickly until we reached the inside area. We have found this is the area you do your waiting for FP. The family in front of us had been in line for at least 3 hours, yikes!! They were in good spirits and glad to finally be so close to the ride. We had a great ride as usual! Followed the masses to the gift shop. I have never really looked around in there because it is mass chaos in that shop. I can’t wait to get out of there.

We decided to have dinner at Satu’li Canteen. The park was so busy and this place was really quiet.:confused3not sure why. We ordered a bowl with chicken, rice, and the creamy herb dressing and a kids hot dog meal. You guys know me, I love a Disney hot dog, lol! Our food was delicious. The bowl was very tasty and the hotdog was wrapped in a dough like bun, very good. Andi was texting with her friend P and the plan was to meet up at MK. We decided to cancel our 2FP here so she could make one at MK with P. I bought a sweatshirt here at AK before we left. It is so soft and comfy. I really like it.
21775E49-3678-4FEF-BA9B-4BCFEE668F73.jpeg B320D609-7C8F-48B4-9868-F6631404DA88.jpeg D5E1A1BD-0CCC-4721-BE7A-C06BDF95C6E4.jpeg

We took a bus to MK and met up with our friends one last time. C and I shopped on Mainstreet and the girls went off to enjoy the last evening in MK. I bought some treats to bring home. I love the calorie laden Minnie bake shop cookies with coffee so bought several of those. Andi wanted a Mickey caramel apple to take home so I said my goodbyes to our friends and took all the goodies and walked back to BLT.

I watched HEA one last time from our balcony and this time my neighbors on the balcony next to me had the music synced so I got to hear the music with it, score! party:

Last full day ended with beautiful fireworks for me and rides for Andi with her friend.
66FFABC3-2E79-4885-9825-6CE78BA4CF72.jpeg E93DC9E9-1685-4708-97E2-53C8365391E9.jpeg 4948ECE7-BC96-4176-B779-220A4F5A1EA0.jpeg FDCE883F-6B30-4B19-97FB-5142B8913F8E.jpeg
Andi got the new matte black magic band and P got the millennial pink.

Stay tuned for our last morning. A Wave buffet breakfast before our departure to the airport.

Loving your report! I love seeing teenagers that "get" Disney! So many of them just want to run from thrill ride to thrill ride. My son and his girlfriend also "get" it and we have a great time meeting characters and riding the classic non-thrill rides.

I finally got to read this TR and it’s almost over :worried: but the next part is wave buffet and I can’t wait to read about that! I’m hoping to do that on my nov trip! Will you do a TR for your April trip? Hopefully I join in on that sooner than I did here! :rotfl2:

Loving your report! I love seeing teenagers that "get" Disney! So many of them just want to run from thrill ride to thrill ride. My son and his girlfriend also "get" it and we have a great time meeting characters and riding the classic non-thrill rides.
Thank you, I so agree. My son doesn’t get it, he thinks we are strange to go so much! He only sees the few thrill rides not all the wonderful history, Magic, and pixie dust! How nice your son and and his gf love it.

I finally got to read this TR and it’s almost over :worried: but the next part is wave buffet and I can’t wait to read about that! I’m hoping to do that on my nov trip! Will you do a TR for your April trip? Hopefully I join in on that sooner than I did here! :rotfl2:
Welcome, thanks for checking it out and reading. The Wave is a great buffet! I hope to do a TR for our last AP trip so definitely stay tuned. I will put a link on this one when I do start.:flower1:

Okay it is now time to wrap up this TR..................Day 8, Wave goodbye!

We woke up early this morning to make sure all was ready for our departure, whomp whomp! Our flight was scheduled to leave MCO at 10:30. ME wanted to pick us up at 7:30, so we decided to try Uber to the airport for the first time. We had a reservation at The Wave bright and early at 7:30. This is the first reservation time for the Wave in case anyone was wondering.

We checked in with the airline check in, this is such an awesome perk Disney has. When you stay at BLT, the check in is at The Contemporary resort. Once the luggage was checked and we had our boarding passes it was time to check in at the restaurant.

We were seated fairly quickly. Being in the first group of diners, we still got a little tiny 2 top against a pole. The restaurant was practically empty and we get this table:confused3
Our waitress was sweet but not very organized, it took quite some time for her to get to us and then another long wait for our drinks. I had coffee and Andi had coke. We wanted the buffet so once the drinks arrived and I had a few sips of coffee, we were off to the buffet.

The buffet has many great choices, I took pictures of most everything up there since it wasn’t busy. The food here is very good. The eggs are hot and flavorful, grits are yummy, cheesy breakfast potatoes were very good. The pastries were fresh, fruit was plentiful and tasted very fresh. The star is the sweet potato pancakes for me, these are so good and it is a food not offered at many places. Andi enjoyed the buffet as well. Mickey waffles are delicious, of course! One bummer was the only butter that was available was the pecan butter for the sweet potato pancakes and when we asked for regular butter it took forever to get it so Andi had to eat her waffle and pancake without butter the first time around.
C4DC6AEF-30F2-454B-BC5D-19B36E1BBA2B.jpeg A84FE1E9-D982-49E9-9A1A-70DA8A11CD57.jpeg F71784C9-802B-4C9E-ACFF-057ED287D9BF.jpeg 68997111-7457-4ACF-8312-4C99B1E6DF7C.jpeg D5D818E7-1CF7-4F8B-A3E2-D707FB963E2B.jpeg 60CCF65C-E0B5-4EB8-BB5F-07083CA014DF.jpeg
89957394-2133-4B97-A2C0-9558F9021209.jpeg
E3C0FEDB-4479-4F92-A655-266DB9AD86FF.jpeg A01225A8-7C49-40EC-884B-E8F8DBA0EDF7.jpeg 3B896256-B0BD-4791-A725-078294F0C765.jpeg
This buffet is priced right compared to some other Disney buffets, remember there are not characters here. They do offer an AP discount. The price has gone up since our last visit. In 2016 price $19.99 per person, today it is $22.99 per person. You can also order from the menu if you want.

We enjoyed the food, paid, and went to look around the Contemporary a little before our ride to the airport.

Our Uber ride was just fine, the man was a little odd, he played really loud music and sang along to it the whole way. Apparently it is his thing because we read reviews after and people noted this. The music was calming, love songs so not to bad. Who doesn’t love The Bee Gees and Neil Diamond, just a little strange:drive::dogdance::hippie:

We made it to the airport just fine and still had plenty of time for security, we have TSA precheck, arrived at our gate and before you know it we were boarding. I was watching the weather closely because our area was under a winter storm watch, ugh! We did make it home just ahead of the storm so that was a plus. We woke up Sunday morning at home with about 10 inches of new snow, Welcome Back to Minnesota.

I would like to thank everyone for joining in and reading! I so love when people take the time to comment, it makes it so much fun! I love reading TR’s here and really enjoy adding in our experiences. Most of you know from all my comments on the weather, this trip was awesome in the weather department. I am going to say it was awesome in dining as well.

It was crowded but we expected that. The rides for the most part were working but there were days things were down for very extended periods which is a bummer for sure! I did like the way we toured this time, not park commandos so much like we usually are.

Our next trip is coming up in 2 days, we will be at FQ for this trip. It will be a shorter trip for us only 5 nights so we will put on the old park commando hats.

Stay tuned for a look at our latest adventure when we return. I will put a link on here!!

He just stared at them with his mouth open, then he started to hug and not let go, just precious.
This is the beauty of Disney! I had so many moments like this with my niece and nephew back in January. It's so magical seeing Disney through the eyes of children :wizard:

I love Philharmagic such a classic
ME TOO!!! :goodvibes
We found our ME info on the door when we got to the room ugh!:scared1:
UGH! Nothing says "your trip is coming to an end" like seeing that thing :sad2:

The family in front of us had been in line for at least 3 hours, yikes!!
My goodness! That ride is worth a long wait to me, too, but 3 hours! Not so much :scared:

Followed the masses to the gift shop. I have never really looked around in there because it is mass chaos in that shop. I can’t wait to get out of there.
I know - it's like get me outta here!

You guys know me, I love a Disney hot dog, lol!
I do too! And yum, that one looks delish with the dough around it - YUM!

I would like to thank everyone for joining in and reading!
I love reading your TRs! I love that you and Andi are able to travel so often together and that you let us experience it along with you :goodvibes

Our next trip is coming up in 2 days, we will be at FQ for this trip.
Have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to read all about it :hug:

Oops I forgot price totals for food the last 2 days.

Day 7
BoG $38.31
Satu’li $19.47
Confectionery $19.57
Contempo Cafe $5.00
Total = $82.35

Day 8
The Wave $48.00 with AP discount.

So for those of you out there that eat similar to Andi and I, you really can do Disney on a $100.00 a day food budget. Keep in mind we often drink water at meals and I don’t drink alcohol much when it is just her and I so of course that makes it easier to say at the $100. budget.

Thanks everyone!!!

c2cb8b22-dfe5-4db0-854b-391612ec5f32-jpeg.317302
46d39d22-234c-4daf-9154-fa7cf692ad8d-jpeg.317303
Love these magic shots. I don't think I'd ever seen them before. Can't wait to have our annual passes back so we can partake in them.

This was a bad day at MK, a good part of the day Splash, BTMRR, and 7DMT were down at the same time. How frustrating for people having just that day in MK and unable to ride 3 of the main attractions. I arrived at MK around 5pm and we went to Jungle Cruise for our first FP. The place was packed. The wait was about 20 minutes. People were frustrated and the atmosphere in MK was a downer this evening!
Yikes! I can't believe all 3 were down at the same time. There must have been some angry people in the kingdom.

Love your face on this one!

I told Andi, wow, poor Space is having to handle all the crowds since the other Mtn. Rides were down. We got on PM and wouldn’t you know it, we get inside Space and it is down now as well. All the lights were on
Now space went down too!!! That is ridiculous. Good calling getting out of there.

I’m going to keep going on this TR so I can finish up before our trip on Tuesday!!
2 days!!!!!!! So excited for you.

It was almost regular park opening so we lined up by the tangled bathrooms to be let in the other part of the park. We did BTMRR, it was up and running, yay! We enjoyed our wild ride!
We've never done morning extra magic hours, do they not open the entire park up?

We decided to have dinner at Satu’li Canteen. The park was so busy and this place was really quiet.:confused3not sure why. We ordered a bowl with chicken, rice, and the creamy herb dressing and a kids hot dog meal. You guys know me, I love a Disney hot dog, lol! Our food was delicious. The bowl was very tasty and the hotdog was wrapped in a dough like bun, very good.
We still haven't eaten here, but I so can't wait to. Your hotdog looks absolutely delicious!

Andi got the new matte black magic band and P got the millennial pink.
Funny they both caught my eye and I didn't recall seeing these colors before. Are these ones you have to buy in the park or are they part of the "normal" colors now?

This buffet is priced right compared to some other Disney buffets, remember there are not characters here. They do offer an AP discount. The price has gone up since our last visit. In 2016 price $19.99 per person, today it is $22.99 per person. You can also order from the menu if you want.
I so love the Wave. Even if the price has gone up a little, I think its one of the best buffets on property. I think the smallness of it ensures they do everything well and it doesn't sit for too long.

We woke up Sunday morning at home with about 10 inches of new snow, Welcome Back to Minnesota.
Yikes! You sure have been through it this winter.

I would like to thank everyone for joining in and reading! I so love when people take the time to comment, it makes it so much fun!
Thank you for sharing Caroline! So love to tag along on your and Andi's adventures.

Awesome report! Can't wait to hear all about your next visit!! Hope it's Magical!!

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your report and can't wait to hear about this coming trip! Have a MAGICAL trip!

This is the beauty of Disney! I had so many moments like this with my niece and nephew back in January. It's so magical seeing Disney through the eyes of children :wizard:

ME TOO!!! :goodvibes

UGH! Nothing says "your trip is coming to an end" like seeing that thing :sad2:

My goodness! That ride is worth a long wait to me, too, but 3 hours! Not so much :scared:

I know - it's like get me outta here!

I do too! And yum, that one looks delish with the dough around it - YUM!

I love reading your TRs! I love that you and Andi are able to travel so often together and that you let us experience it along with you :goodvibes

Have a wonderful time!!! Can't wait to read all about it :hug:
Thank you Tracy, I sure hope our trip, starting in just 1 day:cool1: is as fun as this past one.

The food at both Satu’li and The Wave is so very good, I hope you get to try some new places in May!

Look forward to sharing our next adventure with you when we return!

Love these magic shots. I don't think I'd ever seen them before. Can't wait to have our annual passes back so we can partake in them.

Yikes! I can't believe all 3 were down at the same time. There must have been some angry people in the kingdom.

Love your face on this one!

Now space went down too!!! That is ridiculous. Good calling getting out of there.

2 days!!!!!!! So excited for you.

We've never done morning extra magic hours, do they not open the entire park up?

We still haven't eaten here, but I so can't wait to. Your hotdog looks absolutely delicious!

Funny they both caught my eye and I didn't recall seeing these colors before. Are these ones you have to buy in the park or are they part of the "normal" colors now?

I so love the Wave. Even if the price has gone up a little, I think its one of the best buffets on property. I think the smallness of it ensures they do everything well and it doesn't sit for too long.

Yikes! You sure have been through it this winter.

Thank you for sharing Caroline! So love to tag along on your and Andi's adventures.
Thank you Kari for taking the time to read and comment.
That Thursday was a really bad day for MK and top tier rides, people were angry and who can blame them. We lucked out for the most part, only losing our BTMRR FP that evening.
The EMH at MK from 8-9am only include FL and TL. I still think it is worth it because you can get a fair amount done in that hour in those two lands.
The matte black and pink MB’s are not free, each one is around $15.00, they know how to get you:rotfl2:

The hot dog and protein bowl at Satu’li were very delicious!

The Wave is such a nice hidden gem, food is good!

I am hoping our trip starting tomorrow, yay! Will be as fun as this one and less crowded:wizard:

We finally had a decent weekend here in the frigid tundra, 60 degrees yesterday:woohoo:

Hope to share our next trip with you!

Thanks for sharing! I enjoyed your report and can't wait to hear about this coming trip! Have a MAGICAL trip!
Thank you so much, hope to have another great trip to share with you all. I just hope the time doesn’t fly like it always does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter