Courtyard by Marriott

AnnaS

DIS Veteran
Would like any comments/suggestions/info. from anyone who has stayed here. (Downtown Disney-Lake Buena Vista). They are offering the $35 rate per night, it is only for certain nights though. Before we even start considering any plans, would appreciate any feedback. Service and cleanliness is a must. Thanks in advance. Would love to see WDW for the holidays decorated - have never been there for Christamas and heard it's beautiful. Kids are dying to try it too. :)

This has been a hot topic the past few weeks. If you will do a search for courtyard marriot you will find tons of info. We are also staying for the earlier $25.00 rate and cleanliness was a must. I have not heard any reports about the holiday decorations and I am curious about this also.

We stayed there a year ago and were very pleasd with everything from check in, the room ,m view, service, bus transportaion to the parks, but recently I have read some disappointing posts. One poster said that they have closed their restaurants. I would call the hotel and ask.

we just got back from 10 nites there, they closed the restaurant, moved it to the lobby and have a very limited menu. pizza, nachos and such. no waitresses you go to the bar or the snack stand to order and everything is in a syrofoam takeout box. no more tcby either. will be happy to answer any other questions any of you may have.

When did you stay there? Did they offer room service at least? We are staying there Nov11-14. Did you stay in the tower or the other rooms? Was your room clean and everyhting in good repair. Starting to worry because of all the negative posts...

we were there oct 14 to 24. yes there was room service but just for the limited menu i mentioned and there was a 17% surcharge on it. the rooms were clean enough, its funny though i had seen some grousing on the boards about the pillows being flat and they were. i really can't complain about the property itself but they were obviously in a cost cutting mode with amenities and personnel. for example i was watching monday night football at the bar and the bartender came over and said she was closing the bar at 10:30 cause her child was sick. i understand sick kids ive had plenty but i dont understand why they would not have someone to take over because there were lots of people there at the time and i know it left a bad taste

My DH and I stayed here in Sept. We arrived on Sat. 9/15, and the resturant was closed on Wed. because of low attendance. If it gets more crowed they will probably reopen. If you have a car there are a lot of dining choices about 1/4 mile away, take a right out of the parking lot and go straight and you will run right into them. We had rates from $89 to $49 per night, for 6 nights our total was $509, and I thought that was a good deal, so at $35 per night it's a steal. We could have stayed at the All Stars for less, but the rooms here were larger and it was quiet, we had EE and could also get E night tickest if we wanted, and the bus service was excellent. Our room was on the 11th floor, and very nice, the closet door didn't slide real well, so we just left it open no problem. I would stay here again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter