Courtesy of Shamus - BWV Villa locations by View

How do I bookmark on the DIS? I looked for it, and couldn't find it. I have subscribed to threads, or "watched" and don't get any follow-up on those either.
What am I doing wrong? Sorry to be so pitifully last century.

Bookmark the thread on your browser.

:earsboy: Bill

I just booked a 2 bedroom Lock Off Garden or Pool view for my 40th :scared1: birthday in January. Any suggestions for requests on reservation for a great room location?

I just booked a 2 bedroom Lock Off Garden or Pool view for my 40th :scared1: birthday in January. Any suggestions for requests on reservation for a great room location?
We requested upper floor, quiet pool view. Great spot. Could see the fireworks and very peaceful.

We requested upper floor, quiet pool view. Great spot. Could see the fireworks and very peaceful.

Is this a std room?

Last year we requested high floor near tennis courts and faced the front of the hotel, but was able to get some fireworks.

Ok, I'm usually pretty good at understanding but I'm honestly lost here. We have a 1 Bedroom standard view. My kids just really really want fireworks views. We will be there the second week in Aug. What is the best request for this?
TIA to all the amazing Dis people out there!

Ok, I'm usually pretty good at understanding but I'm honestly lost here. We have a 1 Bedroom standard view. My kids just really really want fireworks views. We will be there the second week in Aug. What is the best request for this?
TIA to all the amazing Dis people out there!

Best request for chance of a fireworks view from the standard category is "top floor across from the bus stop".

Keep in mind that even if this request is granted, you may not be able to see much of the fireworks due to a tree in front of the balcony. There are only a few rooms with a relatively clear view. The only way to "guarantee" a fireworks view is to book a Boardwalk view villa.

Some of the pool/garden views that can see DHS have very nice views of the Star Wars Galactic Fireworks. But the standard views only see a partial view of the high fireworks at Epcot.

We just got back from our trip and stayed in a standard 1 bedroom- room 3117. It was an awesome room for our family of adult children. We could see some fireworks from the room...when we were in the room at that time. It was so convenient to run down the stairs to the bus stop. We could see the bus stop from our room---but it was so quiet. We also could take a different set of stairs from the room and pop out on the path to walk to Hollywood Studios. IMG_4236.JPG IMG_4237.JPG

....I don't know if this has been asked already, but what is the difference between a Dedicated Studio and a Studio Lockoff? Any advantages or disadvantages to one vs. the other?

....I don't know if this has been asked already, but what is the difference between a Dedicated Studio and a Studio Lockoff? Any advantages or disadvantages to one vs. the other?

The lock-off studios have a connecting door to the adjacent 1 bedroom villa (so that both can be combined and reserved as a 2 bedroom villa. Obviously, the door is locked if not reserved as a 2 bedroom).

IMO, the dedicated villas are quieter since they do not have the connecting door. Before the recent refurb and the addition of the Murphy bed under the TV, there was a small parsons bench placed where the door would be. Not sure if that remained in the dedicated studios after the refurb.

Dedicated or Lock off is a request and isn't guaranteed.

This map is very helpful! However it doesn't necessarily answer my most pressing question: where is the best location for a 2bedroom preferred view if I want to hope to see any fireworks? I know village green is out of the question now. Clown view?

We currently have a 1BR pool/garden view booked on points - any suggestions for room request? I have heard of 1BRs with the extra large balconies that may have a partial BW view - how would I request one of those, and are there any other requests that BWV veterans typically make, and pros/cons of each? We live in the city, so our kids are pretty good at sleeping through noise, so that's a tradeoff we are willing to make for a better view or more convenient location. Thanks!

When comparing this with the resort map, am I correct in the assumption that "near or facing tennis courts" would provide the best access to your vehicle and the HS path?
Yes, those Standard View villas will be convenient to the HS pathway - and near the tennis courts and parking lots.

Google Maps-BWV.jpg

We currently have a 1BR pool/garden view booked on points - any suggestions for room request? I have heard of 1BRs with the extra large balconies that may have a partial BW view - how would I request one of those, and are there any other requests that BWV veterans typically make, and pros/cons of each? We live in the city, so our kids are pretty good at sleeping through noise, so that's a tradeoff we are willing to make for a better view or more convenient location. Thanks!

There are no 1BR's in the Village Green area that you are referring to - that is all studios, some with large, large balconies and side views of the boardwalk area. We've mostly done boardwalk view or standard view but surprisingly I did like our view of the main pool when we had an HA room a year and a half ago. Otherwise I thought I'd like the quite pool view. My other was down towards the Swan/Dolphin area but that request was based on attending a conference at those hotels.

There are no 1BR's in the Village Green area that you are referring to - that is all studios, some with large, large balconies and side views of the boardwalk area. We've mostly done boardwalk view or standard view but surprisingly I did like our view of the main pool when we had an HA room a year and a half ago. Otherwise I thought I'd like the quite pool view. My other was down towards the Swan/Dolphin area but that request was based on attending a conference at those hotels.
Ah, thanks. I should have known (thanks a lot, FB DVC Neighborhood misinformation... :crazy2:)

Touring plans says 3051 and 4051 are preferred view because there's a huge tree - the other xx51 rooms appear to by BW view. Wondering if it might be worth it in February.

Also is there access to the pool gate from a ground floor main pool room, or would you have to go around to a stair exit anyway? We stayed in a main pool view 1BR through WDW reservations that was quite convenient (near elevators), and liked it, but I'm wondering if ground floor at BWV gets any easier access to the pools and BW.

Ah, thanks. I should have known (thanks a lot, FB DVC Neighborhood misinformation... :crazy2:)

Touring plans says 3051 and 4051 are preferred view because there's a huge tree - the other xx51 rooms appear to by BW view. Wondering if it might be worth it in February.

Also is there access to the pool gate from a ground floor main pool room, or would you have to go around to a stair exit anyway? We stayed in a main pool view 1BR through WDW reservations that was quite convenient (near elevators), and liked it, but I'm wondering if ground floor at BWV gets any easier access to the pools and BW.

I thought that all the xx51 room are technically Boardwalk view although I think the one time we were assigned one it was the 5th floor. They are the poorest Boardwalk views for certain - 5th floor has a tiny balcony. DVC isn't normally one to let a tree change a view type. ;) And there's often a difference between booking on points or cash so it can get difficult to tell which people are referring to.

You would want to go around from any ground floor room as there's no way to lock a patio door from outside. Plus, most are blocked access by shrubs or something but no, it is not meant to access the pool from the the patio.

I thought that all the xx51 room are technically Boardwalk view although I think the one time we were assigned one it was the 5th floor. They are the poorest Boardwalk views for certain - 5th floor has a tiny balcony. DVC isn't normally one to let a tree change a view type. ;) And there's often a difference between booking on points or cash so it can get difficult to tell which people are referring to.

You would want to go around from any ground floor room as there's no way to lock a patio door from outside. Plus, most are blocked access by shrubs or something but no, it is not meant to access the pool from the the patio.

Thanks! Yes, it seemed odd to me as well. Well then, it seems like with a sometimes stroller it might make sense to just request a high floor, near elevator room? We'd like to be able to walk to EP/BW easily, and might only go to DHS once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!