Couple Palo questions

Man, this tipping talk is making me nervous about going to Palo and/or Remy. o_O I don't do a lot of fine dining, so I have absolutely no idea what a similar meal would cost elsewhere. "Half of the upcharge" sounds like an easier rule to follow, at least.

Man, this tipping talk is making me nervous about going to Palo and/or Remy. o_O I don't do a lot of fine dining, so I have absolutely no idea what a similar meal would cost elsewhere. "Half of the upcharge" sounds like an easier rule to follow, at least.

Don’t worry about the tip as much as to make sure you have a good time. While the servers receive some of the up charge. We have always felt comfortable with leaving what we felt it right.

All the people that say they do more or they do this. That’s them and doesn’t mean you have to join the club. Tip what you feel like now that you have a general idea. Don’t worry or stress about it.

JW

Thanks for this thread. We will be going to Palo for the first time on our next cruise in March/April. This will be my 6th Disney cruise and my wife and daughter's 7th. DD will be 17 and wanted to go to the kids clubs one more time before turning 18. Since she is older we thought we would try Palo out. Didn't do it on other cruises as we ate with the kids every night - family time and all that. At 17 we are not expecting to see her much on this cruise.

Thanks for this thread. We will be going to Palo for the first time on our next cruise in March/April. This will be my 6th Disney cruise and my wife and daughter's 7th. DD will be 17 and wanted to go to the kids clubs one more time before turning 18. Since she is older we thought we would try Palo out. Didn't do it on other cruises as we ate with the kids every night - family time and all that. At 17 we are not expecting to see her much on this cruise.
have fun! you will enjoy it.

You can still dine in the MDR with the family before or after Palo to have family time though. Just nibble on something if you want or try a dish. Just let the server know in the Main Dining Room that you already ate or will eat so they don’t think it’s them or the food.

We do this in order to dine with our boys and discuss the day.

First, tipping. The cost of the brunch/dinner is put on your account, right? Do they bring you a bill to sign where you can add a tip? Or do you pay a tip separately? Also, what is preferred, cash or charge to your room?

Second, shoes for brunch. For men - are sneakers okay or do they have to have a dress shoe of some type? For women - are open toed sandals okay? Do they have to have a heel or can they be flats (just not beachwear/flipflops? What is typical?

Third, drinks. I assume any alcohol is an extra charge, but what about non-alcoholic drinks - coke, coffee, juices, etc. Is there a charge for these or are they included in the price?
I've gotten sparking apple cider at Palo for no extra charge. Got the same thing at Remy, but they charged me for it there.

A young adult in our party had to borrow dress shoes because he was wearing dark tennis shoes that looked like dress shoes...no swoosh, no big white sole. He was terribly embarrassed by this being young and this being his first visit. We have witnessed men being given colored shirts or dress slacks as well; they seem to be much more lenient for woman as we've seen yoga pants and pool (foam) flip flops in Palo. Not sure how they pick and choose who to enforce this with. As for tipping, we tip $50 for the two of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter