could someone please explain Categories??

mjvans

Never Forget!
I have seen references to specific categories (cat) to request when making reservations. I'm assuming they mean categories of rooms.....like for example cat 4, cat 9 etc, etc......what do they mean and is there an explanation and a guide (i.e deck plan) I can refer to , so I know where we will be booking/staying.....
Thanks in advance
Michelle

The lower the number the higher the catagory. With catagory one being the ultimate suite and catagory 11 a standard inside stateroom.
Many of the travel sites, www.travelocity.com, etc have descriptions, if you go to www.disneycruise.com they have their offical catagory list.

Right at the top of this page under the ship picture is a stateroom heading, click on that and it will give you descriptions of each category and a video tour of the rooms.

Originally posted by AnnMorin
The lower the number the higher

A new aviation term: lower means higher.........

Not the same on all ships, we have a CAT3 on a Carnival in June, and we got the cheapest room we could get.

So here's where I get confused, why do they charge more for the same room one deck higher than another? We had a verandah room on deck 6 last year, this year we're in the same type room but on deck 7 and it cost more. What gives? Not complaining, just curious....

sistert, there are some people who feel that the higher you are on the ship the better. Hense charging the price difference from Cat.5 and 6. We have had both and honestly I saw no difference.. I also did not notice any difference with the cat. six we had on deck five.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter