Could I make a special request?

madelinesmum

DIS Veteran
Just incase you Disney dream team members are reading these boards I thought I'd make a sweet gesture for my wonderful husband of 13 years.
First of all, let me tell you a little about him and why her deserves a surprise from me with the help of Disney.
For eight long years, we tried to have a baby........many, many Dr's visits, surgeries for both of us, the list goes on. Finally, we had to resort to InVitro but the tough part was this process is lengthy and requires several daily injections. This goes on for two months or there about. My husband who is terrified of needles didn't know how we was going to manage giving me my shots but he did and gave the best shots I'd ever had. After all of that, we transferred 3 embryos, didn't work. Months and months of preparation and no baby. We did however, have 2 embryos left to freeze so we did, and eight months later, we thawed them, and as a result had a precious baby girl. The story doesn't end there. She was eight weeks premature and had to spend three weeks in the NICU which was taxing emotionally on both of us.
To make a very long story short, I just want to say that my DH, is the best husband and father I've ever known and I can't believe I'm so blessed to have him. He is always looking out for everyone but himself.
Three years ago, his Father died from Cancer. Art has always dreamed of being able to take a few laps in a race car, in honor of his father who use to build stock racing cars.
Disney, if there's anyone that deserves to have a special day....it's my husband. Would you please, if you're reading this........grant my husband a surprise with a few laps on the race track at WDW? His 72 year old Mom will be along with us and I know it would tickle her to death to see her sons dream come true.

Very sweet story, and I hope you have a wonderful trip - but you do know the YOMD things are awarded totally randomly, right?

What a wonderful tribute to your DH!! I have always said that when my DH was giving me shots every day I knew my life had reached a new low!!! Give him an extra special hug tonight!

Isn't it something you could set up to surprise him with down there? Look into it. I thought about doing it for my dad.

I hope he gets that wish, he sounds like a great guy, but also wanted to say that the race track is open to anyone, you don't have to win a wish to do it. It is something you could set up to surprise him too. :) I hope you have a wonderful trip :sunny:

You should really try to just set this up It's called the Richard Petty driving experience and he can just do a ride along for not that much money for what it is.

Lovely sentiment, but the contest isn't contingent on who has the best story. The prizes are handed out randomly.

I agree that you should take the initiative and arrange something special for your husband.

May you have some magical moments and dreams come true at Disney. brought tears....

Charleyann

thats nice that you would want a wish for your hubby. :O)

but think of all the people every day who go to the parks who have wonderful significant others, or who have survived a horrible disease, or who have just lost someone, or who are suffering with a disease that they will not recover from and know this is their last family outing, etc etc. they all deserve wishes too!

if only disney could give a wish to everyone...yet somehow just being at disney and escaping the everyday humdrum is a wish in itself. and i am sure you will have a wonderful time on your upcoming trip. it also sounds like the richard petty experience wasn't on the list of wishes (but i could be wrong) so i suggest that you create your own wish come true for your DH. Book the driving experience for him, have a nice card done up, get some help from the hotel staff explain that you are granting your own wish to your DH and ask them to have mickey sign a card or something inviting him to go and experience the race cars. sounds like he would be trilled to do it, and you would be thrilled to watch!

:O) pixie dust to everyone for dreams to come true!

I would definitely check into setting up a racing experience for your husband. I am not sure what it is called in Orlando/WDW, but there is one in PA that is called the Stockcar Racing Experience and I got the ride along for 3 laps and drive 20 laps package for my boyfriend's birthday. He is hard to buy for and LOVES nascar. This is the BEST gift I have ever given him. He loved it. I also did the ride along and while it was awesome and something I am glad I did, it was only 3 laps, very short and from what my boyfriend has said, that is nothing compared to actually driving the car. They even take your pics, they are great, we will always remember doing this together.

Also, i was able to videotape him driving...so he'll be able to remember it forever.

Good Luck!
Jes

j_lehr said:
I would definitely check into setting up a racing experience for your husband. I am not sure what it is called in Orlando/WDW, but there is one in PA that is called the Stockcar Racing Experience and I got the ride along for 3 laps and drive 20 laps package for my boyfriend's birthday. He is hard to buy for and LOVES nascar. This is the BEST gift I have ever given him. He loved it. I also did the ride along and while it was awesome and something I am glad I did, it was only 3 laps, very short and from what my boyfriend has said, that is nothing compared to actually driving the car. They even take your pics, they are great, we will always remember doing this together.

Also, i was able to videotape him driving...so he'll be able to remember it forever.

Good Luck!
Jes

do you have any information on this? or know where i can get info...my bf would LOVE this and i do live in PA. maybe a website or something. let me know? thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter