"could I have another glow cube?" - spring 2017 DR - COMPLETE 8/17 Homecoming

This night ended up being kind of a bust. Early in the trip around World Showcase, my sister managed to "lose" her debit card and ID. I wish I could say this was out of character for her, but since it's not out of character for her at all, it just frustrated me. For what it's worth, she ended up finding both of them the next day exactly where they were supposed to be, so I'm not sure what actually happened with that.
I laugh only because I know a few people like this....

Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream – $4.25
I have seen this in several reports and other than the ham, it sounds wonderful.

Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries – $4.00
I need this in my life!

the opening bird flight,
Love this opening!

The world famous Disney cheese danish!
Looks so good. We also ate some breakfast at Kusafiri. I had planned to get something sweet for breakfast but ended up with what you got below...

Hot Breakfast Wrap - Egg, Sausage, Spinach and Goat Cheese- $6.79

yQLU5zyl.png

This was pretty good - better than I was expecting, but still not something I would go out of my way to order again.
I agree with you. It was good but nothing spectacular. It filled me up though.

As usual my mom went with the Rickshaw Rickie - Skyy vodka, Cointreau orange liqueur, muddled oranges and limes, Sprite $9.99. It's always refreshing and a nice light citrus choice during what seems to be perpetual heat at the Animal Kingdom.
This sounds tasty!

Ahi Tuna Nachos - sushi grade ahi, Asian slaw, crispy fried wontons, wasabi aioli, sweet soy glaze $14.99.
Hmm...I wonder if I would enjoy this. I am fairly certain that what I had at WCC was Ahi Tuna tacos, my first time having Ahi Tuna, and I really enjoyed them.

With some difficulty, we navigated ourselves to the Hot N Juicy Crawfish on Sand Lake Road.
Don't tell my Cajun, from Louisiana, DH about this place, please...lol.

Hot N Juicy had quite a number of delicious Abita varieties on draft and I sampled a couple of different ones myself. Yum!
I went to a different Kroger today - omg I am so jealous because this Kroger has ours beat, hands down...the had a cheese shop, fresh sushi, and an olive bar - and they had different Abita varieties. They had Big Easy, Wrought Iron, Blueberry Wheat, which my DH chose, and the had To-Gose (to-geaux-see) which is a key lime and sea salt sour concoction. I am not a beer drinker but did enjoy the pink grapefruit one from Germany, and I like Key Lime...so I wondered if I should grab some and try it, but in the end I did not.

but (don't tell our cajun/Louisianan friends) none of us would order crawfish again.
I refuse to eat it...lol.

I think I generally like the idea of fruit beer better than the execution.
I will totally agree with this. I'll taste my DH's and I'll still not enjoy it, even though the name sounds so good.

On the other hand, the Field Greens with fresh Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Strawberry Vinaigrette, and Spiced Pecans ($4.75) was one of the best things I had at the festival.
Sounds wonderful!

Berry desserts like this just scream "summer" to me, so I enjoyed welcoming summer to Florida (yes, in early April LOL) with this dish.
Berry desserts = summer...yep! Agreed.

I knew that the shrimp was going to be a hit, hence the double order. And boy were they!
I so want to try this.

The conch salad surprised me with its fresh, light quality. I expected a more fishy flavor, but was glad for the mild seafood taste.The flavors in this were definitely very bright and caribbean. (The conch is the little pieces that almost look like couscous or something). I loved the light touch of sweetness and the fresh vegetables, which really complemented the flavor of the conch.
I've never had this but it sounds like something a seafood lover like me would really enjoy.

we made our way into Cava del Tequila
We hit this up in June and it was packed.

I chose the Guava Margarita: Guava Margarita - Mezcal Zignum Reposado, guava nectar, grapefruit liquor, lime juice, Peychaud bitters, and pink peppercorn ($13.00)
This sounds good. I cannot for the life of me remember which margaritas we got. I do know they were STRONG!

This was my usual view, with my mom leaving us in the dust on her scooter...
:rotfl2:

4/5/17 - Continued, and the trip ends....

Apologies again for my prolonged absence. Apparently having a wedding next spring requires a fair amount of research and planning, who knew? Anyway, to wrap this thing up.... Time machine back to April!

Flower and Garden had become an exercise in frustration since it was so hot outside that day, and we just wanted a nice, air-conditioned place to get some food in our bellies. Increasingly, we have been unable to resist the siren song of what's quickly becoming our favorite Disney restaurant....

HOMECOMING!

OZAwXlxl.png

Disney Springs is playing a larger role in our more recent trips, in no small part due to the great dining options. We had no trouble getting a table without a reservation at Homecoming, but it was also an off hour between lunch and dinner.

Fckzsj4l.png

Is there a more beautiful sight anywhere on Disney Property? Okay, setting aside the castle...

A refreshingly cold beer was the first item of importance. I went with the Cigar City Florida Cracker, as usual. This is a citrusy wheat beer that I can't really get at home and was the perfect beverage option on a hot spring day! I really love Cigar City beers, and keep coming back to this one.

R had the Funky Buddha Hop Gun - a smooth IPA given it's hoppiness. It's not too bitter and R always enjoys this one.

IpIcj1Nl.png

Of course we needed some appetizers, and we started with the "Bunch of Puppies" - House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly ($10). These hit the spot, especially when they arrive piping hot, and serve as a great vessel for the dipping sauces. I could live without them, however, as there are so many good things on this menu, including my very favorite which we got as our other appetizer:

7pMsxsTl.png

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes – $12 - Shaved Ham, Remoulade Sauce, and dressed local greens. I just looked at the menu to confirm the price and these beauties appear to be no longer on the menu? :scared1: I may revolt. For real. This is my favorite dish pretty much anywhere, with the crispy and light batter on the tomatoes perfectly contrasting with the tangy green tomatoes. The ham seems like an odd bedfellow for a FGT, but it adds additional richness. What the ham and remoulade add in salt and creaminess, the dressed greens cut with their lovely peppery nature and nice acidity in the dressing. This is the perfect dish. I hope it's not truly gone.... :sad:

We'd learned our lesson with the portion sizes here on our previous visits, so the three of us negotiated and decided to go with just one entree but extra sides.

D6m2ZXCl.png

Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuits, and love ($28). This chicken remains waaaaaay up there on my list - probably the best fried chicken I've ever had, and I have had plenty of fried chicken in my day having grown up in a very small town in Georgia and gone to school for seven years in Macon. Homecoming knows how to perfectly fry chicken! The brine ensures that the meat stays moist and flavorful and the crisp skin on the outside of these pieces is just heaven. The portion size was plenty for the three of us to have a few bites each of chicken and potatoes. Speaking of potatoes, ermahgerd :worship: I love these potatoes, but even more so, I love that white gravy! It's in the ramekin on the side here but I think I could just fill a bowl with it and dive my happy butt right in. Art Smith knows some secret southern voodoo, I swear.

2ZQF32ol.png

One of the extra sides we selected was the "momma's mac n cheese" ($8) and, I'm gonna be honest, we didn't love this. It wasn't bad, like send it back to the kitchen bad, it was just far outshone by the other things we'd ordered. I wouldn't recommend this.

upztZNjl.png

But you can bet your biscuits I'd order these! Laaawwwwd, these are good biscuits! (Cheddar cheese drop biscuits, $7). SO good we knew we needed to order a side of them so we wouldn't all be fighting for the one on the plate of chicken. These must be like 70% shortening or something because they are so tender, light, and melt-in-your-mouth flaky. Okay, now I'm officially starving. I also may have diabolically dipped my biscuit in the extra gravy from the potatoes... :rolleyes1 things that are REALLY fattening and REALLY tasty, all right here in one place.

And the best "new" thing we had?

1K6EJzsl.png

My mom's libation, recommended to her by our awesome server (who also happened to hail from Macon, Georgia, the adopted hometown of my 20s). This now appears on the menu as "Berry Lavender" but at the time was merely a special, printed on a slip of paper in our server's billfold. Fresh strawberries and raspberries muddled with rosemary lavender vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup, and garnished with rosemary and a lemon twist ($12) Per the notes I made from our server, it was also blackberry jam muddled in with those berries which made this so delicious. This was very sweet, but not overly so, and the herbal flavors did not overpower the tasty fresh berries. Tasted basically like summer in a glass! I'm not normally a vodka drinker but I would absolutely get one (or three) of these the next time I'm in town.

Speaking of which, that will be soon. We are going for a very very short trip over Labor Day weekend, since apparently I can't count down between "major" trips without planning little weekend jaunts in between. Hazards of living in driving distance - right, @Vernie822 ?

With that, our April trip has drawn to a close. We had an amazing time as usual and learned a LOT about navigating theme parks with someone who has mobility issues. Namely, how difficult that is. Thank you all for reading along and your sweet and encouraging comments along the way. I may be back later this fall with another dining report, who knows? Thank you for finishing this crazy extended dining report if you made it this far, and I will see you all again soon here on the dining review boards :-)

- Melinda

First off, congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about all your upcoming wedding plans, and trips! Secondly, I'm so happy I'm not the only one who took a fairly prolonged absence from my report! I've spent the last few days catching up on everyone else's DRs, and still have more to go. I can't wait to try those ribs at the Nomad lounge. I was telling my husband about the rave reviews I've been reading about them, and then when I read yours this morning, I just had to send it to him via text. He has a huge business meeting today, and work has been extra stressful, so thought he'd appreciate the diversion, if only for a few seconds. He did! You & I order pretty much the exact same things at Yak and Yeti, the dragon roll, and the ahi tuna nachos, and I can't wait to have them again. Isn't that Landry's card worth every penny? 27 more days to go! I love the Rickshaw Ricki, and me not being a drinker, that's saying something. One other place we've never tried is La Cava. Just put it on my must do's for this upcoming trip! We also haven't done Homecoming, and I'm still debating on that one. We're staying at POR the first three nights of our trip before moving over to Kidani, and I'm not sure if our first night we should go to Homecoming (we land at 5:30pm), or just do random apps around Disney Springs. Maybe Blaze Pizza? Morimoto street food? D-Luxe Burger? Too many choices, lol!

Great end to your report! I want that cocktail. Like right now. Even though it's 10:00 a.m.

Hope you're having fun with the wedding planning! :)

I just binge read your whole report and first of all wanted to say congrats on your engagement! Any thoughts on a DFTW? Every report I read had me adding me must do's for my upcoming trip and yours was no exception. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I hope to see another report from you soon! :)

Great report! I enjoyed following along and good luck with all the wedding planning.

A wedding?!?!?!?!? How exciting! Congratulations :banana: (lol! The banana guy is killing me). Is it a Disney wedding par chance??

Sounds like an amazing trip! I always love your DR's! Keep those little jaunts coming so I can keep reading!

Apologies again for my prolonged absence. Apparently having a wedding next spring requires a fair amount of research and planning, who knew? Anyway, to wrap this thing up.... Time machine back to April!

Flower and Garden had become an exercise in frustration since it was so hot outside that day, and we just wanted a nice, air-conditioned place to get some food in our bellies. Increasingly, we have been unable to resist the siren song of what's quickly becoming our favorite Disney restaurant....

HOMECOMING!

OZAwXlxl.png

Disney Springs is playing a larger role in our more recent trips, in no small part due to the great dining options. We had no trouble getting a table without a reservation at Homecoming, but it was also an off hour between lunch and dinner.

Fckzsj4l.png

Is there a more beautiful sight anywhere on Disney Property? Okay, setting aside the castle...

A refreshingly cold beer was the first item of importance. I went with the Cigar City Florida Cracker, as usual. This is a citrusy wheat beer that I can't really get at home and was the perfect beverage option on a hot spring day! I really love Cigar City beers, and keep coming back to this one.

R had the Funky Buddha Hop Gun - a smooth IPA given it's hoppiness. It's not too bitter and R always enjoys this one.

IpIcj1Nl.png

Of course we needed some appetizers, and we started with the "Bunch of Puppies" - House-made hushpuppies served with pimento cheese and red jalapeño jelly ($10). These hit the spot, especially when they arrive piping hot, and serve as a great vessel for the dipping sauces. I could live without them, however, as there are so many good things on this menu, including my very favorite which we got as our other appetizer:

7pMsxsTl.png

Bee Haven Bay Fried Green Tomatoes – $12 - Shaved Ham, Remoulade Sauce, and dressed local greens. I just looked at the menu to confirm the price and these beauties appear to be no longer on the menu? :scared1: I may revolt. For real. This is my favorite dish pretty much anywhere, with the crispy and light batter on the tomatoes perfectly contrasting with the tangy green tomatoes. The ham seems like an odd bedfellow for a FGT, but it adds additional richness. What the ham and remoulade add in salt and creaminess, the dressed greens cut with their lovely peppery nature and nice acidity in the dressing. This is the perfect dish. I hope it's not truly gone.... :sad:

We'd learned our lesson with the portion sizes here on our previous visits, so the three of us negotiated and decided to go with just one entree but extra sides.

D6m2ZXCl.png

Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuits, and love ($28). This chicken remains waaaaaay up there on my list - probably the best fried chicken I've ever had, and I have had plenty of fried chicken in my day having grown up in a very small town in Georgia and gone to school for seven years in Macon. Homecoming knows how to perfectly fry chicken! The brine ensures that the meat stays moist and flavorful and the crisp skin on the outside of these pieces is just heaven. The portion size was plenty for the three of us to have a few bites each of chicken and potatoes. Speaking of potatoes, ermahgerd :worship: I love these potatoes, but even more so, I love that white gravy! It's in the ramekin on the side here but I think I could just fill a bowl with it and dive my happy butt right in. Art Smith knows some secret southern voodoo, I swear.

2ZQF32ol.png

One of the extra sides we selected was the "momma's mac n cheese" ($8) and, I'm gonna be honest, we didn't love this. It wasn't bad, like send it back to the kitchen bad, it was just far outshone by the other things we'd ordered. I wouldn't recommend this.

upztZNjl.png

But you can bet your biscuits I'd order these! Laaawwwwd, these are good biscuits! (Cheddar cheese drop biscuits, $7). SO good we knew we needed to order a side of them so we wouldn't all be fighting for the one on the plate of chicken. These must be like 70% shortening or something because they are so tender, light, and melt-in-your-mouth flaky. Okay, now I'm officially starving. I also may have diabolically dipped my biscuit in the extra gravy from the potatoes... :rolleyes1 things that are REALLY fattening and REALLY tasty, all right here in one place.

And the best "new" thing we had?

1K6EJzsl.png

My mom's libation, recommended to her by our awesome server (who also happened to hail from Macon, Georgia, the adopted hometown of my 20s). This now appears on the menu as "Berry Lavender" but at the time was merely a special, printed on a slip of paper in our server's billfold. Fresh strawberries and raspberries muddled with rosemary lavender vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup, and garnished with rosemary and a lemon twist ($12) Per the notes I made from our server, it was also blackberry jam muddled in with those berries which made this so delicious. This was very sweet, but not overly so, and the herbal flavors did not overpower the tasty fresh berries. Tasted basically like summer in a glass! I'm not normally a vodka drinker but I would absolutely get one (or three) of these the next time I'm in town.

Speaking of which, that will be soon. We are going for a very very short trip over Labor Day weekend, since apparently I can't count down between "major" trips without planning little weekend jaunts in between. Hazards of living in driving distance - right, @Vernie822 ?

With that, our April trip has drawn to a close. We had an amazing time as usual and learned a LOT about navigating theme parks with someone who has mobility issues. Namely, how difficult that is. Thank you all for reading along and your sweet and encouraging comments along the way. I may be back later this fall with another dining report, who knows? Thank you for finishing this crazy extended dining report if you made it this far, and I will see you all again soon here on the dining review boards :-)

- Melinda
But for real, that gravy. O.M.G. And that drink?! This is why I ALWAYS return to Homecomin(g). But can you really be a southern restaurant and not have Fried Green Tomatoes? No, you certainly cannot. That will need to be rectified.

I LOVE La Cava! There's no better way to escape the midday heat than a margarita and dip trio!
Exactly! Guac and cheese dip both rank pretty highly for me, so I love this place. It's just usually so packed or else I would be there every trip!

Despite that disaster of a lamb chop, the rest of your last day at F&G looks great. I'll have to try and make that strawberry salad one day. I never think to put fruit with our typical veggie salads.
We made spinach salads with peaches, blue cheese, pecans, red onion, and bacon last night and it was SOOO GOOD! Fruit + cheese + nuts can generally make any healthy greens better in my book!

Glad to see you were able to get into LaCava and chill for a bit. The last few times we've just tried to get a drink the lines have been crazy. We used to never have a problem, but the "secret" is most definitely out. I'm hoping the new margarita kiosk has better choices that previously so I can get my margarita on.

I had no idea you loved mezcal so much. You probably saw it already but I had a mezcal margarita at Paddlefish that would be right up your alley (if you could stomach the $15 price tag)
Yes I did see that delicious looking margarita at Paddlefish, but you are right... not sure if we'll be going back there to drink any time soon unless we win the lottery :rolleyes: The drinks at Paddlefish are even more expensive than the bougie bars in Atlanta! hahaha

I'm way behind on the Dis since my June trip but I just read your Aulani/engagement recap post! I tried to quote it but I'm on my iPad and ugh...it just doesn't work correctly.

CONGRATS!!! How exciting!

And happy you made it to DLR. I was hoping to make it back there in 2018 but I did a little something where I made my DH a WDW fan and we are now in the process of purchasing a DVC contract. So I'm afraid the DLR trip just got inadvertently postponed.

Looking forward to hearing all about it and finishing up the rest of this one!
So excited for you guys and your DVC purchase! Did I read on another thread that it is at Wilderness Lodge? We actually managed to get a waitlist come through for the Grand Californian, so don't lose hope on DVC and Disneyland... I had a friend transfer me points for the 2016 use year so that's how we did Aulani and the Grand Californian... my Grand Floridian points are too precious to use at other resorts. And thank you for the well-wishes :flower3:

I saw that! I wanted to try them the next time we went. I can't believe they'd take them off though because it seemed so popular and was like one of their signature things.
Yeah, I am hoping it's a menu glitch! The fried green tomatoes seemed really popular so I don't know why they would take them off the menu.

Glad someone agrees with me after our friend Ariane posted about her crappy experience! And in case you were wondering, Homecoming is even better than SouthernArt here in Atlanta!

First off, congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Can't wait to hear about all your upcoming wedding plans, and trips! Secondly, I'm so happy I'm not the only one who took a fairly prolonged absence from my report! I've spent the last few days catching up on everyone else's DRs, and still have more to go. I can't wait to try those ribs at the Nomad lounge. I was telling my husband about the rave reviews I've been reading about them, and then when I read yours this morning, I just had to send it to him via text. He has a huge business meeting today, and work has been extra stressful, so thought he'd appreciate the diversion, if only for a few seconds. He did! You & I order pretty much the exact same things at Yak and Yeti, the dragon roll, and the ahi tuna nachos, and I can't wait to have them again. Isn't that Landry's card worth every penny? 27 more days to go! I love the Rickshaw Ricki, and me not being a drinker, that's saying something. One other place we've never tried is La Cava. Just put it on my must do's for this upcoming trip! We also haven't done Homecoming, and I'm still debating on that one. We're staying at POR the first three nights of our trip before moving over to Kidani, and I'm not sure if our first night we should go to Homecoming (we land at 5:30pm), or just do random apps around Disney Springs. Maybe Blaze Pizza? Morimoto street food? D-Luxe Burger? Too many choices, lol!
I am so glad you went back to finishing your report instead of giving up - I love seeing what you and the hubby did and enjoyed! You are so right about the Landry's card even though I have never used it outside of Animal Kingdom! haha. I actually have heard a lot of good things about T-Rex though, so maybe one day if we can stay out of Homecoming long enough :teeth:

For your Disney Springs night I would totally do random apps/food/dessert around DS. All of those things sound good, and you could totally get one burger to share at D-Luxe, one order of ribs (or something else tasty) at Morimoto street food, and then sit at the bar area of Homecoming and share something small there. That's my favorite thing to do since we can never decide! Actually... we can decide... but I feel guilty about eating at the same place over and over again.

Great end to your report! I want that cocktail. Like right now. Even though it's 10:00 a.m.

Hope you're having fun with the wedding planning! :)
Yes, I want that cocktail too! At 2:00 pm. Hey, it's almost weekend time. Wedding planning is much more fun now that we've made most of the decisions. The first stretch was enough to drive me crazy though, as type-A as I am! Now we are on to the enjoying it phase :-)

I just binge read your whole report and first of all wanted to say congrats on your engagement! Any thoughts on a DFTW? Every report I read had me adding me must do's for my upcoming trip and yours was no exception. Thanks for sharing your experiences and I hope to see another report from you soon! :)

Great report! I enjoyed following along and good luck with all the wedding planning.
Thank you!!! Thank you for following along.

A wedding?!?!?!?!? How exciting! Congratulations :banana: (lol! The banana guy is killing me). Is it a Disney wedding par chance??

Sounds like an amazing trip! I always love your DR's! Keep those little jaunts coming so I can keep reading!
NOT a Disney wedding! If we could even afford it (we can't) poor R would not enjoy that experience! He is a good sport and likes Disney more than he is willing to admit, but it's important to me that the majority of our family and friends not have to travel too far. There is early discussion of a Disney bachelorette, however.... :ssst: and don't worry, I have a trip in September and a trip in October planned and you know how I love to take pictures of my food and write about it later :laughing:

But for real, that gravy. O.M.G. And that drink?! This is why I ALWAYS return to Homecomin(g). But can you really be a southern restaurant and not have Fried Green Tomatoes? No, you certainly cannot. That will need to be rectified.
Uh yeah, this better be a glitch! Or a temporary thing! I will be so upset if it's true that they are gone. I guess it would force me to branch out and try more delicious stuff there, so I guess I would live... :rotfl:

Man, how dare your wedding be prioritized over this place :-) You could always do like me and have a very classy $99 Vegas wedding :P

7pMsxsTl.png

I hope not just for your sake, but for mine, that the aren't gone. I was going to say the hushpuppies were tops on my list for our next visit, but with this recco how could I not get these little beauties They sound amazing!

D6m2ZXCl.png

Art's Famous Fried Chicken - Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuits, and love ($28). This chicken remains waaaaaay up there on my list - probably the best fried chicken I've ever had, and I have had plenty of fried chicken in my day having grown up in a very small town in Georgia and gone to school for seven years in Macon. Homecoming knows how to perfectly fry chicken! The brine ensures that the meat stays moist and flavorful and the crisp skin on the outside of these pieces is just heaven.
Wow, coming from a Southerner this has got to be good. Random aside I don't ever fry chicken, but I just started brining our grilled chicken and it unquestionably makes all the difference in the world!

upztZNjl.png

Oh, these are heaven aren't they. Have you tried the chicken and biscuit appetizer? We had them and its these bad boys topped with fried chicken thighs and hot honey and they are delicious! Think we may just do all apps on our next visit as they are just too good!

1K6EJzsl.png

My mom's libation, recommended to her by our awesome server (who also happened to hail from Macon, Georgia, the adopted hometown of my 20s). This now appears on the menu as "Berry Lavender" but at the time was merely a special, printed on a slip of paper in our server's billfold. Fresh strawberries and raspberries muddled with rosemary lavender vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup, and garnished with rosemary and a lemon twist ($12) Per the notes I made from our server, it was also blackberry jam muddled in with those berries which made this so delicious.
Good old homecoming just keeps on hitting it out of the park, don't they? Definitely adding this to my must drink list

Thanks so much for sharing Melinda. Well done as always! Can't wait to hear about your labor day trip

Glad to read about your Homecomin' review. I'm still not sold on it, but it's good to hear a Southerner who is used to the food, likes it. I grew up on Southern food, too, and I'm afraid it either won't measure up or it will just be overkill.

The drink sounds AH-MAZING though. And those biscuits and mashed potatoes!

I'm sure we will make it there eventually but I think I'm going Boathouse for our next trip. I'm probably more a seafood fan than a Southern food fan, most likely because Southern food was always a-plenty growing up and seafood, not as much...more of a treat.

Anyway, great report! Looking forward to future ones as well as hearing all about your future wedding, yes? :)

So excited for you guys and your DVC purchase! Did I read on another thread that it is at Wilderness Lodge? We actually managed to get a waitlist come through for the Grand Californian, so don't lose hope on DVC and Disneyland... I had a friend transfer me points for the 2016 use year so that's how we did Aulani and the Grand Californian... my Grand Floridian points are too precious to use at other resorts. And thank you for the well-wishes :flower3:
Thank you, yes, we did purchase (or are still in the middle of purchasing) a resale contract at WL! Good to hear about Grand Cali bc I'm definitely planning to look into that and Aulani in the future!

Catching up.. again!

Fckzsj4l.png

I've never had this one, but it sounds really good! A citrusy wheat beer is my jam.

7pMsxsTl.png

Seeing as I'm a new southerner, I have only had Fried Green Tomatoes ONCE... but ermahgerd they are soooo good. I'm gonna have to try these, provided they aren't actually gone. That remoulade looks heavenly.

YES.. the unfortunate downfall, ha! It's like I can't wait the 6 months between trips anymore. I get an itch that I need to scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!