Could CAN ticket promo be changed when date-based ticketing starts?

Colgal77

Mouseketeer
Is it safe to assume this deal will still be offered after the new date-based ticket pricing is introduced? Or has Disney changed prices mid-promo before? (Is there a better section to post this?)
43005121_10156429523361265_2148154509006733312_o.jpg

Is it safe to assume this deal will still be offered after the new date-based ticket pricing is introduced? Or has Disney changed prices mid-promo before? (Is there a better section to post this?)
43005121_10156429523361265_2148154509006733312_o.jpg
I can move this to the Canadian Board for you. :)

I'm not sure about past changes mid promo, but this did play a factor in me booking last week. I ended up booking the tickets plus room through the magical promo that is out now, so you get a room discount plus you can add the Canadian tickets. I figure at least they're bought incase they do some changes. I wasn't going to have enough money to buy the tickets I needed by the 16th, so this way I just needed the $200 deposit.

I would think that Disney would be hard pressed to change this promo since I'm sure you're not the only person who took a screen shot of the offer that clearly states the deal runs until March 15th. Also, nowhere on any of the information about this offer does it include those dreadful words "offer subject to change" (at basically our whim :P )

Only thing i would mention is buy the ticket you think you might want because to upgrade it once you get on site will be stupid expensive as many of us have discovered in the past!

I believe the first year they offered it was the year they put expiry dates on all the tickets in the middle of the Canadian offer. I might be wrong, but I think the expiry date was then added to the Canadian tickets, as well.

No one knows what Disney is going to do. I know the UK folks don't seem worried that their special tickets will change. This ticketing change wasn't even big news in the UK (from what I understand). That said, the offer says "for as low as" and doesn't specify how long they are valid after first use. It could be that as of the 16th, the offer will still stand, but will be a discount to the new tickets rather than a flat fee.

My advice... if you know when you're going and for how long, buy now.

I believe the first year they offered it was the year they put expiry dates on all the tickets in the middle of the Canadian offer. I might be wrong, but I think the expiry date was then added to the Canadian tickets, as well.

No one knows what Disney is going to do. I know the UK folks don't seem worried that their special tickets will change. This ticketing change wasn't even big news in the UK (from what I understand). That said, the offer says "for as low as" and doesn't specify how long they are valid after first use. It could be that as of the 16th, the offer will still stand, but will be a discount to the new tickets rather than a flat fee.

You're correct that the first batch of tickets with expiration dates came out mid-way through the original CDN discount that offered tickets without expiration dates. I have heard from several people that those tickets are in fact good "forever" They removed that extra bonus with the next discount though.

We booked POP a while back and were hoping for a Canadian deal of somesort. The CM told me to check back beginning of Oct bc that is when Can deals usually come out. POP is now full for teh dates we have, so no extra discounts that I can see. I guess I just dont want to jump the gun on tickets and a better deal some out.

You're correct that the first batch of tickets with expiration dates came out mid-way through the original CDN discount that offered tickets without expiration dates. I have heard from several people that those tickets are in fact good "forever" They removed that extra bonus with the next discount though.
Yes, I still have a ticket before they added exp. dates. They didn’t change the Canadian offer after they announced exp dates for that promo. So I agree they won’t change this offer either.

The way I remember this was that the discount was extended, and initially it was unclear if the terms had changed at the time of the extension. There was a lot of conflicting information floating around, but in the end they decided that the extended terms were the same as the original promotion (ie. no expiry). I don't believe there was ever any suggestion of the terms changing in the middle of the original promotion period though.

For all that Disney is stupid expensive, they're pretty good about erring on the side of the customer whenever there's some ambiguity in their policies. I'm not even sure it would be legal to change the terms; there's no "subject to change without notice" clause in the fine print. I'm certain they'll continue the offer, but you're right that they've been careful how they worded this one. It's not phrased as a percentage discount, and the the prices for all of the different tickets are not explicitly advertised, so they've possibly given themselves room to maneuver. If I had to guess, I think they'll just keep the Canadian Resident ticket prices as-is until March, but given the phrasing, we can't know for sure.

NB: The details page actually does say that these tickets are good for 14 days from first use or by September 27. So they could possibly change the pricing, but I think the terms will stick.

Hi! I have a hypothetical question .... if I were planning a trip for early December, would you buy the tickets under the Canadian discount now (like tonight ), or do you think it would be cheaper under the new pricing model. Planning on being there sometime around the 6 of December for 8 days.
Never been at that time of year so I am wondering if that time of year is considered low attendance in which case the tickets may end up being less than they currently are.

TIA

While many people think the Canadian discount will continue as is, we've been given the benefit of advanced notice. If you know you're going and can put out the cash now, do it. You don't know what tomorrow will bring. Literally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter