Costuming/Questions. DD was just accepted to DCP

cherokeemamma

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone,
My DD just found out she was accepted for the DCP Spring 2019. This is something she has been dreaming of since she was 6 yo. Also, she is a musical theater major. The role she has been offered is in costuming. She is very uncertain whether or not to accept it. The problem really seems to be that the role has little to no guest interaction. She said she was happy with any role as long as she could be part of the magic for guests. She was thrilled to get that acceptance and now she is stressed and crying because she doesn’t want to work in an isolated role as it sounds this might be.
So my questions for those of you that may know a bit about this role...
Has anyone worked in the role before?
Fun role?
Physically difficult?
Is it really an isolated type role?
Is the entertainment costuming diff from regular cast member costuming?
Does this position have set hours?
Once you are at WDW and if the role really doesn’t fit can you change roles?
I feel like I’m on a crazy rollercoaster of emotions with my DD.
Thanks for your input and help!

I have no info regarding the position offered, but I can say that the chances of changing roles is very slim. Just about the only way to change roles is to have a medical reason. So, if your dd is really concerned about her offered role and is hoping to change it when she arrives, she needs to know that there is very little chance of that happening.

I have no info regarding the position offered, but I can say that the chances of changing roles is very slim. Just about the only way to change roles is to have a medical reason. So, if your dd is really concerned about her offered role and is hoping to change it when she arrives, she needs to know that there is very little chance of that happening.

Thank you, that’s what I thought. She did audition for character/parade performer. Praying that happens for her.

If she will be that miserable with the role, I think she should turn it down and try to reapply, really stressing different skills during her next interview. I had a friend who did costuming and to be frank, she had a lot of 6:30 am shifts that involved doing laundry for the entire time. I know I would have been miserable and not been able to have a good experience if I had done that on my DCP. I don't want to crush her dreams, the program is AMAZING, but if this isn't her last chance to do the program I would just reapply.

My daughter was in Entertainment Costuming for DCP. She loved her role, but there wasn't interaction with guests, only with other cast members. She worked the Main Street Electrical Parade about 4 pm-2 am, 5 days a week.
She found ways to make magic when she wasn't working, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!