Costco Travel!

mshanson3121

DIS Veteran
I don't know why I never priced them out before booking, but wow! They actually have some good deals. We can get DoubleTree suites for 5 nights, for our party of 6, with the Canadian resident tickets, for $1000 CDN cheaper, than we paid to book directly through Disney (2 rooms at All Star Movies using the Sun discount).

They have great rental car rates; and good medical travel insurance rates, too, I paid under $100 for a year long policy (multiple trips). I’ve had* my card since the 90s but never thought to use their travel TIL 2 years ago renting a car out of San Diego.

Has anyone be able to contact them by phone this week. Every time I call I get not able to connect.

I booked a cruise on line, but I need to contact them for one of the options and not able to get through.

I don't know why I never priced them out before booking, but wow! They actually have some good deals. We can get DoubleTree suites for 5 nights, for our party of 6, with the Canadian resident tickets, for $1000 CDN cheaper, than we paid to book directly through Disney (2 rooms at All Star Movies using the Sun discount).
To me, that's not surprising as Disney Hotels come at a premium. Your comparing apples to oranges. My question would be how much would you have saved if you booked DoubleTree suites yourself and not used Costco. That would be apples to apples.
Myself, I have found Costco great for cruise bookings as they have the same rates as the cruise lines offer themselves but Costco gives you that great gift card, which I love. I have looked at their all inclusive vacations and have found they are more expensive than other companies even when you include the gift card. Never priced out a car rental so I will take everyone's word that Costco has the best prices there. The only problem I have had with Costco is when I needed to change something on my reservation I have to call them and then wait while they call the company. It can be very time consuming if its something that the Costco rep has to bounce between me and the company.
Over all, I think they can be good but it is a bit of a pain when you need to contact them.

To me, that's not surprising as Disney Hotels come at a premium. Your comparing apples to oranges. My question would be how much would you have saved if you booked DoubleTree suites yourself and not used Costco. That would be apples to apples.
Yeah I think the proper comparison might be a WestJet vacations or Expedia.

I don't think I've actually used Costco Travel for anything besides the car rental, but I've certainly used them to look at prices.

I have booked our van rental for March break with costco. The price of it was much lower(including CAA, priceline, etc) than any other deal I found. We have a Toyoto Sienna for $430 for 11 days, unlimited km's, free second driver. We rented one to save the wear and tear and miles on our van.

Premium how? Doubletree Suites is an official Disney Springs hotel, can be booked right on the Disney website, and gets the same benefits, with the exception of Magical Express. If booked on the Disney, it would work out to roughly the same savings - about $900.

Premium how? Doubletree Suites is an official Disney Springs hotel, can be booked right on the Disney website, and gets the same benefits, with the exception of Magical Express. If booked on the Disney, it would work out to roughly the same savings - about $900.
Sorry, not looking to argue, just pointing out that its a Disney hotel compared to a non Disney hotel. Yes you can book it on the Disney website but its not owned or operated by Disney. All Star movies is a Disney hotel and you will always pay more because its a Disney hotel. If you were to say that Costco will book All Star Movies cheaper than the Disney site then I would agree that Costco has a better deal however your saying that Costco is selling a non Disney hotel cheaper than Disney. Not surprising as Disney can't set the rate for Double Tree, they can make money from selling Double Tree though which is why they would allow the sale on their site. If there is no profit for them their not going to do it.
So, I hope I have got my point across nicely, I don't mean to be snarky so I hope it doesn't sound that way. I'm really saying that you need to compare Disney to Disney and Double Tree to Double Tree or as I put it earlier, apples to apples not apples to oranges.

I agree with Tinkerone that you are comparing apples to oranges. For me a Disney Springs hotel is NOT a Disney hotel. #1 thing missing for me is Disney transportation and being in the bubble. Nothing wrong with a Disney Springs hotel but I would never stay at one because we like being in the bubble, even if it's at a premium.

I agree with Tinkerone that you are comparing apples to oranges. For me a Disney Springs hotel is NOT a Disney hotel. #1 thing missing for me is Disney transportation and being in the bubble. Nothing wrong with a Disney Springs hotel but I would never stay at one because we like being in the bubble, even if it's at a premium.

Yeah I don't really care about the bubble. I far prefer off site and having my own transportation. So much faster and convenient (IMO). So I guess to me that's why it's more apples to apples, they're just rooms. But yes, I get her point. The only reason I booked ASM is because of the other parties involved.

Thinking of booking through Costco for our next cruise. It's just a guess right now though, so is it easy to get a refund if we decide not to go?

I have booked our van rental for March break with costco. The price of it was much lower(including CAA, priceline, etc) than any other deal I found. We have a Toyoto Sienna for $430 for 11 days, unlimited km's, free second driver. We rented one to save the wear and tear and miles on our van.
Keep checking! Prices change all the time. I had a standard car booked for $210 x 6 days with Alamo. I checked yesterday and Budget prices went down. Now have the smaller size suv for $185! This is for late April.

Bizarrely, this spring break Alamo in YYZ has gone through the roof for a van rental. If you didn't make your reservation 3 weeks ago at least, you're paying a fortune. Avis, too, but curiously, not Enterprise.

Keep checking! Prices change all the time. I had a standard car booked for $210 x 6 days with Alamo. I checked yesterday and Budget prices went down. Now have the smaller size suv for $185! This is for late April.

Thanks, yes I have been continuing to check. I have it for $430, its currently at $1430 for the same car rental company, Enterprise is the cheapest at $542.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter