Costco questions

Its kind of funny after the cruise when we get the years supply of toilet paper and peanut butter as well as enough to fill the car with a ton of junk I would not normally buy...
There are certain things I buy regularly at Costco and I always check out clothes. But I usually don’t get too carried away and I don’t have room for a years supply of TP so I’m not even tempted there. :o

Its kind of funny after the cruise when we get the years supply of toilet paper and peanut butter as well as enough to fill the car with a ton of junk I would not normally buy...

You can also just take the cash back...
we buy everything at Costco (w/ 6 in our household their packs of TP and PB only last us a month or so) but we still don’t usually burn our rewards in one trip. Last week I used our Costco Visa rebate check which was $8xx and my (normal) weekly shopping run was $400-500, they just give you the difference back as cash.

You can also just take the cash back...
we buy everything at Costco (w/ 6 in our household their packs of TP and PB only last us a month or so) but we still don’t usually burn our rewards in one trip. Last week I used our Costco Visa rebate check which was $8xx and my (normal) weekly shopping run was $400-500, they just give you the difference back as cash.
But the cruise ‘rebate’ is a cash back card not a check, correct?

But the cruise ‘rebate’ is a cash back card not a check, correct?

I’m sorry, you are right, thank you for pointing that out!!! I forgot about that...haven’t had one in awhile.
We’ll be getting $650 from a trip this coming June but guess I hadn’t thought about it much because it’s so easy for me to use in our normal spending there.

There are certain things I buy regularly at Costco and I always check out clothes. But I usually don’t get too carried away and I don’t have room for a years supply of TP so I’m not even tempted there. :o

Its like going into Home Depot or Lowes. You can plan on going into Costco for just toothpaste, but its hard to get out without finding other stuff you need.... or just want.

The gas is pretty cheap there too.

It is, and booze too. No where else can I get a gallon of sangria for $10. Though I'm not sure if I can use a Costco gc in the liquor section of my store. It's IN the Costco, but I think it's 3rd party owned.

I upgraded to Executive because the amount I would get back was more than the membership.
We went and joined today. I opted for the executive because he said if we didn’t get a check for more than $60 they would just downgrade the membership

The Costco Rebate Cash Card can be cashed out in your local warehouse for $$$. No need to put it back into Costco if you don't want to. We cash ours out every time and put it towards our next cruise as Costco Travel does not accept Costco Cash Cards.

The Costco Rebate Cash Card can be cashed out in your local warehouse for $$$. No need to put it back into Costco if you don't want to. We cash ours out every time and put it towards our next cruise as Costco Travel does not accept Costco Cash Cards.

My local Costco stores do not let me take cash out from the Costco cash card - had to spend that in-store. They do let me take cash for the entire amount of the annual reward "certificate" from Costco VISA.

My local Costco stores do not let me take cash out from the Costco cash card - had to spend that in-store. They do let me take cash for the entire amount of the annual reward "certificate" from Costco VISA.

It's true that their general policy is to not allow cash exchanges for Cash Cards, however when the Cash Card is issued as a rebate they are absolutely allowed to cash them out. If you are met with resistance, bring in your trip documents from Costco Travel and show them it was a rebate from cruising. Also ask to see their policy notes showing where it does not allow your request. This info was given to me directly from our local warehouse manager, so unless there is a regional exception stated somewhere in their policy you should be given the payout.

It's true that their general policy is to not allow cash exchanges for Cash Cards, however when the Cash Card is issued as a rebate they are absolutely allowed to cash them out. If you are met with resistance, bring in your trip documents from Costco Travel and show them it was a rebate from cruising. Also ask to see their policy notes showing where it does not allow your request. This info was given to me directly from our local warehouse manager, so unless there is a regional exception stated somewhere in their policy you should be given the payout.

I have taken several cruises and transferred the reservation to Costco. I dont see anywhere in the docs that it refers to the cash card as a rebate.

• Courtesy of Costco Travel†
  • The Costco Cash Card is an exclusive member benefit and may be used toward merchandise or gas at any Costco warehouse throughout the United States and Canada. For details, click on Terms and Conditions below.
Terms & Conditions
triup_blue.gif

†You will receive a Costco Cash Card two to four weeks after you return from your cruise. It may be used toward merchandise or gas at any Costco warehouse throughout the United States and Canada, or toward online purchases at Costco.com or Costco.ca. The value of the Cash Card is determined by the base cruise fare for the stateroom category booked. Offer is nontransferable.

What if you already booked the cruise through a TA? Can you still transfer? Is that rude?

You would need to get the first TA to release the reservation back to you (direct with DCL) and then transfer to the new TA (Costco). Depending on your relationship with the first TA, that may be challenging or uncomfortable - they may want to try and improve their service rather than release the reservation, though in the interest of serving the customer they would likely do it. And it all has to be done within 30 days of the initial booking.

Unless I was having a major problem with the first TA, I personally would not feel comfortable asking them to release it. I’ve used their services to book, but they would not get paid as commissions are given after the cruise based on the TA of record at embarkation. Some TAs may charge a cancellation fee which might apply for releasing the reservation.

Another option is to cancel outright with the first TA and rebook new with the second TA. If the cruise fare has increased, that may not be the best option.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!