Costco questions

Have you found Costco doesn't always have the same rooms available to them. I can't seem to locate the same Concierge ~ 300 sq foot "verandah" rooms on Costco as are currently showing available through Disney.

This was not true a few months ago. I booked a placeholder OBB and switched my TA to Costco. I had book the cruise I was on with a different travel agent that I was not overly pleased with. It was no big deal. The CM asked me if I wanted the same TA, I said no I'm now using Costco and it was done. When I got home I had an e-mail that listed Costco as the travel agent and I have since booked a specific cruise with them. I did have to call to use the OBB - not through the website.

I would guess that was an anomaly -- maybe it was a new CM unaware of the rules or for whatever reason did the booking for you that way. A few years ago there apparently was a problem about TAs being assigned to OBBs, and DCL put in the rule that you could only put the same TA on an OBB or transfer it later. I'm glad it worked out for you, but wouldn't expect it for others.

Enjoy your cruise!

Have you found Costco doesn't always have the same rooms available to them. I can't seem to locate the same Concierge ~ 300 sq foot "verandah" rooms on Costco as are currently showing available through Disney.
I have noticed that. However, if you see it on the DCL site, just call Costco (which you have to do to book a placeholder anyway) and they can call DCL to get that room for you. What I've noticed is that Costco never seems to show availability on Deck 9 (Fantasy), but the DCL website would show plenty of availability. I don't know if this is a glitch or if they have something in their contract to try to sell other decks first. I've noticed on other sites (ie: Expedia, et. al.) there will be different availabilities than on DCL or Costco, as well. But I know Costco can book something by calling DCL. It's not like they have bought up X number of rooms and must sell those only. They are a true TA, not a bulk reseller.

I picked rooms for Alaska and called Costco and was told they weren't available. It was opening day and I asked them to call and confirm. The representative did so with a bit of an attitude (only bad service I've had from Costco) and found out the rooms were available. So it seems like there's something going on that's not showing all rooms available but you still should be able to book them.

Yes, we've seen this. But if it shows available on the DCL website, we just tell Costco this and they call DCL to confirm availability and to book the room for us.

ETA: We've also had the experience of a Costco rep telling us a cruise was full after they contacted DCL; this while there were several rooms showing available on DCL's website. We just hung up and called back and spoke to a different rep who booked the room for us.

Just curious, but if I use Costco as an executive member, and book with my Disney Visa I think I get all of the following:

Costco giftcard of ~ 8%
Costco "cash back" of 2% for executive
0% interest for 6 months on disney vacations
2% Disney rewards I can essentially redeem on the cruise.

Just so that I understand (vs. misinterpret) what everyone here has been saying: I currently have a summer 2018 reservation initially made directly with DCL and subsequently transferred to Costco (within 30 days of initial booking). The reservation shows up correctly on my Costco Travel account. If I were to upgrade my Costco membership to Executive anytime between now and the start of the cruise, the reservation will be eligible for the 2% Executive rebate (assuming Costco doesn't terminate the benefit before then) in addition to the Cash card offer?! TIA.

LAX

I have noticed that on Costco's website. I'm told that they have x amount of rooms blocked out for them...why I don't know, but that's what they have access to. I find their website to be...let's say, not very intuitive. If you call them, however, they have to call DCL and would have a more accurate inventory of rooms that would match DCL's website.

Just so that I understand (vs. misinterpret) what everyone here has been saying: I currently have a summer 2018 reservation initially made directly with DCL and subsequently transferred to Costco (within 30 days of initial booking). The reservation shows up correctly on my Costco Travel account. If I were to upgrade my Costco membership to Executive anytime between now and the start of the cruise, the reservation will be eligible for the 2% Executive rebate (assuming Costco doesn't terminate the benefit before then) in addition to the Cash card offer?! TIA.

LAX

As far as I understand it, yes, that is the case. I would definitely call Costco member services to confirm to be sure though.

One more question on the 2% back with executive memberships: has anyone asked if you still get it if you pay with Disney gift cards?

Once you get your Costco cash card, customer service will exchange for cash so you don't need to spend it only in Costco.

Apparently that depends on your local Costco. Some have no problem doing that, but some will not cash it out. If you (any "you" reading this thread) would not be able to spend the amount at Costco, be sure to find out if your store will cash it out. Don't just assume it's an option because some have done so.

Enjoy your cruise!

Either book it online with DCL and transfer it to Costco, or call Costco and they will call DCL and book it.

Ok, so,assuming you can use Disney Gift cards, can you use multiple credit cards for payments? For example, could I make the down payment with a Visa card, then make a payment with Disney GC and a payment with MasterCard?

Yes, you can use Disney gift cards. They take the numbers and call DCL and give it to them.

You can either use Visa or Mastercard as well.

You get online and you can pay in any increments you like until it is paid in full.

LAX

I called and asked that very question before upgrading to executive. I was told as long as you are an executive member before the cruise date, then you get the 2%.

Just curious, but if I use Costco as an executive member, and book with my Disney Visa I think I get all of the following:

Costco giftcard of ~ 8%
Costco "cash back" of 2% for executive
0% interest for 6 months on disney vacations
2% Disney rewards I can essentially redeem on the cruise.

With a Citi Costco card you get another 3% plus travel insurance for free.

Last edited:
I called and asked that very question before upgrading to executive. I was told as long as you are an executive member before the cruise date, then you get the 2%.

Yes. I have been told the same thing. However, I have yet to hear any report of actual experience on this board. Since it's Costco, I am not too concerned about it, though. Plus, I had recently upgraded to Executive for 2% on other stuff, so the 2% on the cruise is just icing on the cake when I get it.

LAX

So, I just looked up the Citi Costco Card and you get 3% back on travel. I didn't see free travel insurance though. Did I miss it somehow?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter