Costco just dropped car rental prices for Hawaii AGAIN for August!

Anal Annie

at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't help it
Hey everybody going to Aulani in August - I know Costco dropped rental car rates in May for this summer but they were only a smidge less than what I'd already booked thru discounthawaiicarrental.com so I didn't do anything about switching at that time. I just checked again this morning on a whim and they dropped again - by A LOT this time!!:yay: I just saved $53.57 on Oahu and went from a mid-size to a full-size and then I saved $65.98 on Maui (for a 4-day rental) and also went from a mid-size to a full-size for a total savings between the 2 islands of $119.55!! :cool1: The Costco website said "book by June 30". I am now paying $141.27 w/ tax for 7 days on Oahu and $115.46 for 4 days on Maui. I am sooo happy I checked!! :cheer2:

Intermediate size SUV's weren't a WHOLE lot more ($30-40) but I didn't know if they provided covers on the rear storage area and I wanted to have a trunk just in case we decide to lock something up out of sight for awhile like while we're at Pearl Harbor or the North Shore.

Mid-size cars were even less (which is what I had previously booked). Mid-size said Corolla or similar and full-size said Fusion or similar. I went online and researched a comparison on size between them as I was concerned about trunk space on the mid-size cars. The Fusion (full-size) is said to have 102.8 cf interior volume and 16 cf cargo space VS 92.1 int. vol. and 12.3 cargo space on the Corolla.

Hey everybody going to Aulani in August - I know Costco dropped rental car rates in May for this summer but they were only a smidge less than what I'd already booked thru discounthawaiicarrental.com so I didn't do anything about switching at that time. I just checked again this morning on a whim and they dropped again - by A LOT this time!!:yay: I just saved $53.57 on Oahu and went from a mid-size to a full-size and then I saved $65.98 on Maui (for a 4-day rental) and also went from a mid-size to a full-size for a total savings between the 2 islands of $119.55!! :cool1: The Costco website said "book by June 30". I am now paying $141.27 w/ tax for 7 days on Oahu and $115.46 for 4 days on Maui. I am sooo happy I checked!! :cheer2:

Intermediate size SUV's weren't a WHOLE lot more ($30-40) but I didn't know if they provided covers on the rear storage area and I wanted to have a trunk just in case we decide to lock something up out of sight for awhile like while we're at Pearl Harbor or the North Shore.

Mid-size cars were even less (which is what I had previously booked). Mid-size said Corolla or similar and full-size said Fusion or similar. I went online and researched a comparison on size between them as I was concerned about trunk space on the mid-size cars. The Fusion (full-size) is said to have 102.8 cf interior volume and 16 cf cargo space VS 92.1 int. vol. and 12.3 cargo space on the Corolla.

You just saved us over $100!!! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter