Costco CASH card cash out

Quite frankly, I got better and more prompt service with Costco than I did with a large recommended travel agency who did not respond to emails at times for days (no phone option) and misspelled some of our names and took WEEKS to fix. They also did not respond when I emailed the same agent the next time I wanted to book a cruise and obviously did not care about my business. Their loss as we've booked 2 cruises since with Costco. Plus the kickback (OBC) with them was a lot less compared to Costco. Why would I use a TA that gives less than stellar service when Costco was better AND the amount I got back as a cash card was a significant percentage more? It's a no brainer. After our 11 night cruise and trip (mostly paid for with our Costco visa) I went over a year buying things we usually buy at Costco anyways without paying out of pocket. Can't complain about that! Quite honestly, after my previous experience with a TA, I would have booked on my own rather than Costco if Costco was not an option, so no one is losing business.

I agree that Costco suits me better. I've never had any luck with travel agents when I've consulted with them over my almost 45 years of varied travel. We either never understood each other or I felt they weren't interested in my requests and travel needs, wants and desires. For my land travel, I usually cobble my travel together after my own research. For cruises, it's been Costco all the way since 2012 with 13 cruises booked. I will gladly take their cash card or OBC and if I now have to contend with using the shop card in the store, I have no doubt that I will be fine with that.

I love Costco and if anyone is in need of a rental car, they have beat any quote I've ever received except for twice. I'm up to 40 car rentals since 2012! What can I say? I like to drive.

At the end of the day, a lot of Disney "travel agents" are not that good. A lot of people who get affiliated because they loved their own Disney trips but who really don't get the niceties of being a TA.

Meanwhile, I don't need a lot of hand-holding when I book travel. I'm good getting kickback in hummus and snowpants.

Costco did destroy Sams Club in Washington State. They put them out of business. Of course no big loss since Walmart is a huge company and can move those employees to other jobs at Walmart.

I mean, Costco is a Washington homegrown business, so I feel no sadness that they put Sams Club out of business. Costco is usually known for paying its employees better (and closing on statutory holidays so employees can spend time with families).

Personally I was surprised that Disney allows that because if they force them to give you a rebate in OBC Disney gets the money for you to spend on their ship. Seems other lines understand that. Now that I heard the other lines require that I’m wondering why Disney , who always looks out for themselves is not clamping down on this policy. I guess they are just moving with the times. With sites like the Disboards you absolutely can plan your whole trip without the help of a TA. And a TA needs to now give you back their commission in order to get your business in which you don’t pay them anything( in most cases).

If you are using a Full Service Travel Agent for planning your trip, you should not expect them to refund anything to you. Costco is an inbound call center that books what you tell them. They are not travel agents. I would be happy if they gave an OBC, and I'm happy to buy Costco gasoline with the current gift card rebate after the cruise.
You didn't mention one thing. Disney does one thing the other cruise lines don't. No matter where you buy your Disney Cruise, the price, on the same day, is the same. There can be 15 different prices on a Princess Cruise you have to compare.
Since the price on a DCL cruise the the same no matter where you book it, this ultimately means you pay more if you book direct, as Disney has priced the cruise with a travel agent commission. DU gives some of it back to you along with a knowledgable Disney Certified TA. Costco is really DIY, except with a middleman. It's worth it for the card after the cruise. However, if you have an onboard booking offer, and you're trying to book day one pricing, you're going to spend hours on the phone on hold with them while they sit on hold waiting with Disney. With DU, you have emailed them prior to the onsale with what you want. Yes, they are still sitting on hold for you, but you are not. So you might get back less, but you are saving your time, which in today's world is far more valuable than an OBC or gift card.

Just a quick update to the OP, I *was* able to cash out my CASH card in an Indiana Costco with no issues. First person I asked wasnt sure, she went to someone else who said as long as it is the CASH card and not the SHOP card it was fine. AFAIK, IN doesnt have any GC "cash out" laws. So it looks like my Costco was just being a PITA which is what I suspected since they are about other things, sometimes just flat out lying about corp policy.

ETA, if anyone happens to be near the Evansville, IN Costco they have a ton of random stuff at very cheap clearance pricing right now. If you have the time, its a fun treasure hunt! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter