Costa Rica here we come!

violeo

Earning My Ears
I just want to express how EXCITED i am, that my ABD to Costa Rica is only 4 weeks away as of today! Sept 14-21...anyone else?? and 2 weeks after that trip im taking my 2 younger brother 13 and 18 to Disney World for their
1st time!!!!:banana:

HI, I can't wait for your trip report when you get back! MY daughter and I are going to Costa Rica April 2009! My daughter is 25 and I am 52! I hope I can keep up and not disappoint her! I am a little afraid of heights, but I will suck it up and try thhe zipline! Have a trip of a lifetime!

We just returned from costa rica and had an amazing time Let me now if i can answer and questions. cindy

Actually there are 2 questions....

1. I was told Costa Rica Charges a Departure tax from there airport when leaving the country as a non citizen. was this covered by Disney or did you end up paying the departure tax?

2. WHat did you think of the trip overall...was it worth it?

I do appreciate your time and information!
I'll be there in less then 3 weeks

yes departure tax is overed by disney they give you a voucher. The trip was worth evey penny. Loved it so much came home and booked the southwest splendors the next day.

Violeo:

1. The departure tax is covered by Disney. When you check-in with your Guides on the first day, they'll want to verify your passport numbers for this purpose. Towards the end of the tour, you'll be given a pre-printed form that indicates you've paid the departure tax. You'll hand this form to 'the authorities' at San Jose airport when you depart.

2. We felt the trip was absolutely worth it (we took the Aug 3 tour). We were worried that maybe it wouldn't compare to the first ABD tour we took (Knights&Lights). In the end, it was an awesome trip! The Disney Service was great, the activities was great, the hotels were fabulous, the Guides were fantastic, and on I could go! You'll have a blast!

Kevin

KLondon,
Thanks so much for the info! I started reading you trip report for Costa Rica but could only manage to find up to day 4....what happened?

HI, I can't wait for your trip report when you get back! MY daughter and I are going to Costa Rica April 2009! My daughter is 25 and I am 52! I hope I can keep up and not disappoint her! I am a little afraid of heights, but I will suck it up and try thhe zipline! Have a trip of a lifetime!

Hello, will you be on the April 18th Adults only? That is where we will be.

Don't worry about keeping up we had a72 yo man and his 74 yo wife and they did everything and loved every minute of it

KLondon,
Thanks so much for the info! I started reading you trip report for Costa Rica but could only manage to find up to day 4....what happened?

LOL I've been tardy in getting the trip report installments while I sort through our pictures and edit all the video we shot. Keep checking - I'll have more out there very soon (thanks for looking!).

I just want to express how EXCITED i am, that my ABD to Costa Rica is only 4 weeks away as of today! Sept 14-21...anyone else?? and 2 weeks after that trip im taking my 2 younger brother 13 and 18 to Disney World for their
1st time!!!!:banana:

My Dad lives in Costa Rica and I have been fortunate to visit many times.
You're going to have a FABULOUS time !! :woohoo:

Great! That is so cool! I 'met' some travellers on the DIS before our last trip and it was so fun.

Where did you go on your last trip? Was it an ABD vacation?
My daughter Marcy and I went in the Backstage Magic ABD trip April 2008. We were the first group to ever go on that adventure and had a great time. We were always treated like VIP'S !

Where did you go on your last trip? Was it an ABD vacation?
My daughter Marcy and I went in the Backstage Magic ABD trip April 2008. We were the first group to ever go on that adventure and had a great time. We were always treated like VIP'S !

Yes, we went on two ABD, Flavors of France and Imperial Cities. Both were great but we had so much fun on the Flavors of France because we were with our new DIS friends.

I am so excited about this trip. Robert keeps laughing at me because we just got back and we have our wedding and honeymoon coming in just over a month but I keep talking about Costa Rica LOL!

Hi, Are you Disney Vacation Club Members? I own a timeshare, however it is not Disney Vacation Club. I just watched the Vacatiob Club DVD and it seems like such a great investment. I like the fact that you can use your points to travel. I presently own a timeshare in Cape Cod, Ma. I can exhange to anywhere for a fee plus a fee to belong to Interval International in order to exchange. I pay $525 per year for Real Estate taxes and maintenance fee.I now own my timeshar outright - bought it 25 years ago for $6000.00 . I don't even think if I sold it that I could get that much for it now.
It seems like you have some very exciting times ahead! Best wishes for your upcoming marriage! Where are you going for your honeymoon?

Hi, Are you Disney Vacation Club Members? I own a timeshare, however it is not Disney Vacation Club. I just watched the Vacatiob Club DVD and it seems like such a great investment. I like the fact that you can use your points to travel. I presently own a timeshare in Cape Cod, Ma. I can exhange to anywhere for a fee plus a fee to belong to Interval International in order to exchange. I pay $525 per year for Real Estate taxes and maintenance fee.I now own my timeshar outright - bought it 25 years ago for $6000.00 . I don't even think if I sold it that I could get that much for it now.
It seems like you have some very exciting times ahead! Best wishes for your upcoming marriage! Where are you going for your honeymoon?

Thank you for the well wishes! We are taking a 7 night Western cruise on the Disney Magic since we are getting married at Disney.

We are not DVC members. From what I have read (although I have never sat through a DVC presentation or watched the video) is that using points for ABD trips and cruises are not cost effective ie. the points are worth more to 'sell' than to use for the trips. My soon to be hubby isn't as crazy about Disney World as I am but he is hooked on the ABD trips now and likes cruising DCL too so I don't think it would be a good investment for us, but I could be wrong. There are some threads on here discussing it, you might want to search for it. People were talking about the monetary worth of each point vs. the point value when using them for trips.

Take care,
Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter