Cost of Visit to Health Center

TestingH2O

DIS Veteran
I had to take a trip to the infirmary last week. Nothing serious, just an infection that I thought was best not to leave until I got home.

Everyone I talked to in the office was very nice and helpful.

The visit fee was $160 but the lab test and meds were only $15.

The staff also gave me all the paperwork to file with my insurance. I am not counting on getting any money back especially since we haven't met our deductible this year, but I thought I'd share the info since the question does come up from time to time.

I had to take my daughter on our last trip when she came down with a fever the next last day. We’d be getting of in San Juan after and didn’t want to chance not having her checked out. It was $270 and included a flu and strep test. Of course it was all negative and just a virus. We had trip insurance and I was planning on them covering it. The trip insurance required I first submit through my insurance who I was sure would deny it. I was surprised when my health insurance paid it in full and sent me a check!

Just to contribute; my poor DH came down with norovirus during our cruise, and although it ruined the cruise for him (he was quarantined but too sick do anything but stay in bed and watch TV in any case), just thought I'd convey that they did waive the fee after they diagnosed him. I guess they don't charge in that case because they don't want to discourage people from coming forward and allowing the outbreak to spread even more.

I had to take my daughter on our last trip when she came down with a fever the next last day. We’d be getting of in San Juan after and didn’t want to chance not having her checked out. It was $270 and included a flu and strep test. Of course it was all negative and just a virus. We had trip insurance and I was planning on them covering it. The trip insurance required I first submit through my insurance who I was sure would deny it. I was surprised when my health insurance paid it in full and sent me a check!

You must have very good insurance.

Daughter went for suspected urine infection (test was negative in the end), gave us some anti fungal cream and the total cost was $191.
Excess on our travel insurance is £100 so not worth claiming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter