Cost of park tickets

Alex2kMommy

<font color=purple>I'm going a little nutso myself
In my previous Disney package I requested 7-day Park Hopper tickets, but the TA gave us 8-day ones saying the cost was the same. We wouldn't have been able to use an 8th day, so now I'm trying to plan the trip so we could, even if it's just for a partial day.

Is the cost typically the same (7- vs. 8-day)? Also, how does this compare to the cost of an annual pass? (I know there are two types of annual passes, and I think the 8-day park hopper comes close to the cost of a deluxe AP?)

Thanks!

Get an annual pass. My example is this....
There are three of us in my family. We had a five day park hopper and we upgraded to an annual pass for a grand total of 120.00 dollars. A whopping forty bucks a person. We have since gone to the big DL :wizard: 7 times since we upgraded and that includes our honeymoon earlier this month. If you plan on going back at all during the year I would highly recommend doing the AP.

7/8 day hopper pass is $199(adult, $169 children)), Deluxe annual pass is $229 for both adults and children.

Yes, 7 day and 8 day is the exact same price. I remember this from when I was trying to plan our trip online. I figured, why not go 8 day, since it's the same. Even if the 8th day is just a partial day.
But I agree, it's not much more for an annual pass, so why not go for that instead?

If you are considering an AP you are better of (in most cases) to upgrade after using part of your park hopper. Why? Because that way you can use your early entry day and possibly avoid black out dates!

Be sure to check the calendar before upgrading. Blackout passes are $30 a day. If you upgrade on a black out day you'll be allowed in that day, and can park hop, with out the $30 fee. I recomend you keep your reciept with you, just in case you are questioned at the gate. Once you've used your early entry (if you want to- with 8 days its probably not a must have), then upgrade. The 10% discount on foods (15% with the more expensive ap), really helps with food costs.

OK, need to do a little more thinking... I was going to throw two weekends into the trip, but then I'd have to either upgrade to AP on the last day (I forget if it's the whole weekend that's blackout, or just Saturdays) or pay for using an AP on a weekend. THEN on our next trip (with APs) we'd have to either not go on weekends or pay for the blackout day... Of course, paying $30pp is still cheaper than buying more parkhoppers. Oh, but then we probably wouldn't stay onsite, wouldn't get early entry. (Sigh.)

Think, think, think... pooh:

Are you still planning a Sept/ Oct trip? If so, you are in luck for black out days. From Monday Sept 4 (Labor Day) until Thanksgiving ther are NO blackouts. All of the days, including Saturdays are open with a deluxe ap. There are 3 days at Thanksgiving (th-fri and sat), then nothing until Dec. 16. So you have plent of time in the fall to go without black outs.

Well, I was thinking this 1st trip for late Sept.-early Oct. with staying onsite. It's a 2nd trip I'm trying to think of as well (no point in getting APs if there won't be a 2nd trip within a year.)

You've definitely given me more to consider. A later trip would mean going perhaps at a busier time, missing out on EE and the Toontown Morning Madness. Will just have to see what we can afford, and what DH is willing to spend.

It sounds like if I were willing to push back the first visit to November, we could do a 2nd visit the following Sept/Oct (and be far enough apart it won't break the bank, and still be in a less crowded time.) But we were really hoping to catch the 50th celebration. Hmmm...

Thank you for all your input!

Personally, I would probably do the big trip this year. Go early enough so you can see the 50th. It really is worth it being a bit more crowded. Its just a really special time to be in the park. Do EE, Morning madness, etc this trip. Then, when you return don't worry about missing out on those special things. Go during a somewhat slow time next spring. Early March or early May are both great times. You could probably plan it so that you only have to pay for one blackout day, if even that.

We went last Oct. Stayed onsite, did EE, Morning madness etc. The park was PACKED. Crazy summer busy- in Oct. We went back in March. We took it easy- it had only been a few months since our last trip. We didnt feel a need to push ourselves to see and do everything. We did put in long days- but we didnt make it to EE. We did go to morning madness, but it really was a waste of the vouchers. We had did it once, and it really wasnt worth a second time. I should have saved the vouchers for my friends and I to use next week. They would have enjoyed it more then we did. Only because we had just done it, not because it isnt good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter