cost of ecv at DW?

freemore

Mouseketeer
How much does it cost to rent a ecv or a wheel chair at Disneyworld? Is it the same as at Walker? Thanks

Lene

ECV at WDW cost $45 per day but you get $10 back when you turn it in (so it's actually $35 per day). Once you turn the ECV in at one park and get the $10 back, you will also get a receipt. You can take the receipt to any of the other parks and IF an ECV is available you can rent another by showing the receipt and giving them the $10 deposit. Once you turn it in, you get the $10 deposit back.

I've rented from on site and from Walkers. Walkers charges $30 a day so they're a little cheaper. I'm leaving next Monday (one week from today) and will be renting from Walker's again. Their scooters are easier to handle (3 wheels vs 4 at wdw) and you have the scooter where ever you are (hotel, downtown disney, etc).

The only problem I have is loading onto the buses. I hate it! I actually thought of not renting from Walkers this trip just so I wouldn't have to deal with loading an ECV on a bus but I know it's going to be crowded (we'll be there until July 4th) and I don't want to chance not having an ECV. Someone posted on here about backing up from the bus lift by turning the wheel clockwise as soon as you begin backing up. I'm going to try it and hopefully I'll have better luck trying to get into position on the buses!

A Disney friend of mine was recently at one of the WDW parks & said the price was still $40 a day with $10 back when the ECV is returned.

I have been renting an ECV from Walker for several trpis & ahve been very pleased with the equipment & the service.

JudithM is correct and BelleNBama is in error.

The rental is $40.00 with the $10.00 deposit returned. I have been an ECV user for years and was just at Epcot Monday (this week) and needed to rent one. Actually I have my own ECV, but due to an illness my wife has, she temporarily needs one, so we will on occasion rent one also.

That is good news, that means also that Walker and the rest probably won't go up on their rates!! Thanks for the information.

Lene

Oh good! I'm glad to know I was wrong. I rented one from WDW in February and thought I had paid $45 a day with the $10 deposit. In April I rented from Walkers. Guess I didn't remember correctly. Sorry about the confusion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter