Coronavirus and DCL Megathread - Suspension of Departures for the fleet until early November. Booking only available from early December.

This is so silly. In 1980, you could have written this post about AIDS...backward looking is useless information. You have no way to assess how many deaths will be in the US from this virus. I do agree that there isn't much reason to be worried in the US right now, but not because of this incredibly stupid data.

But we do know that 35,000 to 40,000 people will be killed in car accidents in the US during 2020.

Please try to remember the regular flu kills 20-50K people each year.

This virus has not even killed 100 people in a population of 1.4 BILLION people.

I would be more worries about sea sickness or Norovirus (if you want to worry about virusus), or falling overboard. All are more likely that dying of coronavirus. Getting sick from food poisoning is about 10000 times more likely.

Do not worry, enjoy your vacation.

Please try to remember the regular flu kills 20-50K people each year.

This virus has not even killed 100 people in a population of 1.4 BILLION people.

I would be more worries about sea sickness or Norovirus (if you want to worry about virusus), or falling overboard. All are more likely that dying of coronavirus. Getting sick from food poisoning is about 10000 times more likely.

Do not worry, enjoy your vacation.
Considering how easily it spreads, use caution.

Why are people not moving to a place so they don't have to drive so much? Driving is so risky. Very dangerous. I got rid of my car 20 years ago and live in a place where I can drive very little. Why worry about a virus in China when you can do something that will actually make you safer.
Lol. Driving in Orlando is not worth it. I don't worry about China, but I do worry are they doing all they need to do to stop it from spreading.

Why are people not moving to a place so they don't have to drive so much? Driving is so risky. Very dangerous. I got rid of my car 20 years ago and live in a place where I can drive very little. Why worry about a virus in China when you can do something that will actually make you safer.

And for the 4th time, I don't think the virus is anything to worry about here.

I am flying with my two kids at the end of February and we have a disney cruise in April. Honestly, I am not worried. But we will take the same precautions we always do. Wash hands, disinfect seats (I don't always do that but try to in flu season). Also we all have our flue shots.

But you did think a previous poster's data was silly. Correct?

It is absolutely silly, correct. You cannot take a new disease and use the historical death rate for that disease to compare it to anything. Again, it's like saying in 2018 that there were zero deaths from the 737Max in the past, therefore it is safe. Invalid since there was no historical data. The fact that no one died from this Coronavirus in the USA in 2019 is a completely meaningless statistic (and obviously so).

I'll say for the 5th time, I don't think the disease is something to worry about here. However, that prior post was not a logically sound way to make that point.

I think that China is doing a great job of containing this. As far as a cruise goes, I would have no issue going on my Disney cruise in the Caribbean. I would not go to China. But to cancel because of a virus that has killed a few people, when the flu kills so many more, is paranoia.

Take some time to read how the new virus work. Look up how contagious it is.

Not to worry? Really?
The next two weeks is critical in how bad it spreads to the world.

Both Shanghai and HK Disney Parks are closed until further notice, in case no one knows here.

Take some time to read how the new virus work. Look up how contagious it is.

Not to worry? Really?
The next two weeks is critical in how bad it spreads to the world.

Both Shanghai and HK Disney Parks are closed until further notice, in case no one knows here.

Yep. My spouse is an infections disease MD who works closely with the CDC and sits on a very small committee that directs infection control procedures for the Pacific NW region. Trust me, they are watching this virus VERY closely and taking it very seriously.

I live in New Hampshire. There are two potential cases here now. So trying not to worry about this now.

The only people who are really worried are those who play Plague Inc. Maybe they know something we don't . . .

I would be very concerned. At this time, with your cruise leaving in a week, there are less infected people. As time goes on, it will get worse. This is absolutely no laughing matter. The virus is mutating. China is building 2 new hospitals feverishly in anticipation of infected people. Trump is evacuating 70,000 US citizens out of China.

I would be very concerned. At this time, with your cruise leaving in a week, there are less infected people. As time goes on, it will get worse. This is absolutely no laughing matter. The virus is mutating. China is building 2 new hospitals feverishly in anticipation of infected people. Trump is evacuating 70,000 US citizens out of China.

70,000 people, for real? What's your source on that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!