Coronado Springs preferred room sizes

Kerstinef

Earning My Ears
Looking to stay onsite next year for 21 days in a preferred room at Coronado Springs. It would a 2 queen room for myself, husband and 18 month old. Is room big enough for the three of us for that length of time or will it feel cramped? Anyone been in this situation and used travel cot or used other bed with guard rails?

Thanks

Have you looked at prices of a of a 1 bedroomc(see DVC rentals if pricing is an issue)? For that long of a stay it might be good to have your own space instead of completely shared.

I have never done it though.

I think the room is plenty big for the three of you. DH and I stayed in a preferred king and thought it was spacious, particularly with the new furnishings which gives you some room in front of the mirror (between bathroom and dresser).

PPs recommendation of a 1BR DVC villa is valid, or even a deluxe resort with a balcony may be better. I know many parents with small children like having that balcony to sit out on after baby goes to sleep. There is no exterior space at CSR.

Have you looked at prices of a of a 1 bedroomc(see DVC rentals if pricing is an issue)? For that long of a stay it might be good to have your own space instead of completely shared.

I have never done it though.

Thanks for your suggestion. I should have mentioned though we are looking at the hotels as we can get the free dining offer currently in the UK for our dates and we intend to mainly use the buffet for breakfast and lunch which will mean we can feed the little one too so I think it will be quite a saving for us

So we went ahead last night and decided to book but went for Animal Kingdom Lodge, rather than Coronado, as they offer standard DP at AKL rather than QS DP, so even though it was a bit more for the hotel we ended up saving overall as we planned on upgrading to the DxDP for whichever hotel we ended up in anyway.

I think this will work out better for us as we can request a King with daybed/bundbeds/sofa bed which the little one can use, as well as getting a balcony. Just hoping the room renovations are finished by the time we go (Sept 2020)!

I should have mentioned though we are looking at the hotels as we can get the free dining offer currently in the UK for our dates and we intend to mainly use the buffet for breakfast and lunch which will mean we can feed the little one too so I think it will be quite a saving for us

I'm not familiar with UK offers, but what buffet are you referring to? El Mercado at Coronado Springs is QS, but not a buffet.

I think AKL is a great choice - it will give you that added space on the balcony for when the baby falls asleep, and its a beautiful resort for any downtime you may have.

. I should have mentioned though we are looking at the hotels as we can get the free dining offer currently in the UK for our dates

You can add on dining. It's all about total price and you may be better off getting a 1br and paying for the dining. You would need to check the pricing though.

If it's a really close date though might be hard for availability no clue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!