Coronado Springs or Fort Wilderness Cabins - can't decide.

I wish I could love your post! Thank you so much. You gave me some very important things to think about and other options for resorts I hadn't considered yet. My head is spinning a little bit but I am very thankful for the feedback. I think a part of me just really really wants to experience the cabins but you are right - I want everyone's stay to be comfortable.
You're welcome! It sounds like the cabin will work for you, especially if you have a car. You will likely still have to use the buses, though, if you go to the settlement, but that shouldn't be too, too bad as long as MIL isn't completely tuckered out. (Not sure to what degree she is debilitated.) Be sure to take some down time to enjoy the Fort and your cabin. Do a grocery delivery and be creative about what foods you order for the cabin. I might get the basics, as I outlined before, and maybe get a bag of salad, some potatoes to bake and steak tips or chicken that is already marinated. Just throw it on the grill. Easy. You should be able to save some money on meals that way. I would spring for it if that's what your gut says. I agree, four in a moderate room might be tight. But a lot of it depends on whether you plan to be in the room much or not. We are people that don't mind small spaces so I don't always feel the same way others do about that.

I'm not one who would want 4 adults in 1 moderate hotel room. You have the issue of your BIL not being able to share a bed, and those moderate rooms arent exactly spacious.

Will you have a car? If so, you can park right outside your cabin and drive to the parks, eliminating a lot of the transportation issues. Youll probably still have to take a bus to the settlement to get the boat for the MK, but isnt CSR still pretty big and spread out with similar transportation issues? We love the fort and only use disney transportation with no golf carts and really dont find it difficult or too time consuming. I do know that it is a complaint of some though.

As for food, we find being able to cook our own as a nice plus. Planning ahead and if you drive, bringing something like a crock pot can make it a quick job.
Ahh a crockpot!! You just expanded my dinner ideas by a million. Yes, we will have a car! We will be going to MK on 2 separate days, planning to come back to the cabin/resort both days and then venture back out to MK after dinner. Worst case scenario, I could rent a golf cart for those 2 days to eliminate some of the walking and waiting around for internal shuttles.

And the limited space at CSR is exactly why a cabin is so appealing to me. We are a big, happy, loving family - BUT personal space is a great thing after 7 days with the family :crowded:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!