Coronado Springs expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some leaked pictures out of the Tower - lobby, restaurant, not full view pictures but snippets - oh my god, it's sooooo fancy! I don't know how it's not deluxe. It really does give off an upscale - Barcelona/Spain/artsy type feeling.

I get to stay there!!! :yay::yay::yay:

posted a few pics I downloaded off of Facebook in the Coronado resorts thread on the resorts board if you are interested in seeing! :)

Did they put in another pool with the new tower? Or will the Dig Site pool just become unbelievably crowded now?

Did they put in another pool with the new tower? Or will the Dig Site pool just become unbelievably crowded now?

No new pool. Crowding at Dig Site will remain to be seen after it opens but since the Tower will host a ton of convention people, I don’t think it will be consistently wall to wall people.

No new pool. Crowding at Dig Site will remain to be seen after it opens but since the Tower will host a ton of convention people, I don’t think it will be consistently wall to wall people.
Maybe not then. I was wondering if it would mostly be convention folk.

Since they announced the plans, I have been wondering about the lack of a pool at the Tower and how crowded it would get at the Dig Site and the hot tub. I always read that because it's a convention hotel another pool may not be needed. I'll be following closely! I have to say the Tower does look really nice. Nice decor and the new restaurants look fantastic. And the bridge should make the walk to the pool not too bad. We may have to give it a try...

As a business travel guy that is jetsetting across the country on the regular, I never pack swimwear. Even at large shows in Chicago and Vegas, I'm not swimming. Now I've never been to Disney for a convention on business so I don't know if I'd change my mind. Probably not though.

After a long day of walking around a convention and going to meeting and that sort of thing. People typically meet for a few drinks and go out to dinner and not really go swim. So any increase should be small.

As a business travel guy that is jetsetting across the country on the regular, I never pack swimwear. Even at large shows in Chicago and Vegas, I'm not swimming. Now I've never been to Disney for a convention on business so I don't know if I'd change my mind. Probably not though.

After a long day of walking around a convention and going to meeting and that sort of thing. People typically meet for a few drinks and go out to dinner and not really go swim. So any increase should be small.

I traveled across the U.S. and U.K. in my jetsetting career and almost always brought my swimsuit. Yes, the conventions were tiring (especially when I was a keynote speaker as well as manning our booth). But, I needed the hot tub/pool time to unwind.

I agree there were plenty of drinks and palm pressing, but I valued the pool area as a way to escape my hotel room's cabin fever. So I do find it curious why there is no additional pool for this resort (if I understand this correctly).

The Dig Site has probably one of the very best water slides at the Disney resorts. It is one that my child remembers the most, even more so that at SAB, go figure? It is a good one. I have a feeling that even though a lot of new guest will be with conventions, the Dig Site pool will see more action. Disney was being cheap with not adding at least a another pool with the tower.

Is all the construction gone from this resort now? Not sure if they were doing anything else since the tower opened. I am heading there 11/4-11/10 and don't see any other things planned for construction there.

Is all the construction gone from this resort now? Not sure if they were doing anything else since the tower opened. I am heading there 11/4-11/10 and don't see any other things planned for construction there.
Yep everything is done. However the old lobby is now sitting empty so they may work to do something with that. Otherwise you shouldn’t experience any construction.

Yep everything is done. However the old lobby is now sitting empty so they may work to do something with that. Otherwise you shouldn’t experience any construction.
great thanks, also is the new tower available for anyone to go in to the lounge and stuff like that or do you need to be staying at that tower?

More pictures coming out...in my opinion this resort is amazing. It's more geared toward adults and that's fine by us!

They really did good with this one.

Did you eat or have a drink here? I'm thinking of heading over this weekend vs. California Grill.

I read a review this AM about the bar and it was very positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter