Corn syrup FREE Ketchup packets???

pannm

Mouseketeer
About 8 months ago, we went High Fructose corn syrup free...corn syrup and corn sugar free as well. My daughter has a major food sensitivity to corn and corn products.

It is because of her health that we are doing this, not for some 'anti-high fructose corn syrup' thing. We only buy Hunt's ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup/corn sugar/corn syrup) or a organic brand that we like. Other ketchup brands have started to attempt corn syrup free products too. I am not brand picky, so we eat what ever we get on sale or that we like the taste of as long as there's NO CORN PRODUCT(s) in it.

We have a problem. We like to eat out and go on vacations. Every time we eat out, I end up filling up a single serve condiment container and we have to bring it with for my daughter- or she can't eat ketchup! We have been out doing errands on occasion and decide last minute "Hey, let's eat out!" which is problematic, because we can't just always carry the ketchup with us! And the ketchup needs to stay cool...so our DD gets all mad and it's not good if she doesn't have ketchup, because it creates a problem!!!

Also, when we go on vacation (like say to Disney world as we have planned in January), we are going to have a ketchup problem. She loves burgers and fries (she likes A LOT of DIFFERENT foods too, she doesn't just eat things with ketchup!!!!)

Anyone know of a place that sells Corn product free ketchup packets? I've looked on Amazon, they sell Hunt's- but it's listed as containing Corn Syrup on Amazon...Hunt's SAYS that it no longer puts Corn Syrup in any of their ketchups, so is Amazon selling old ketchup packets? Or is the info. incorrect.

OBVIOUSLY, I'm not going to buy it unless it's 100% SURE not containing corn syrup. Also, they do have an "organic brand" that is sold, but it's like $100 for a box PLUS shipping. There's no way in the world I'm spending that much!

Anyone have any ideas of where to look or how to get packets???

I'm not certain it was in 100% of restaurants, but most of the ketchup packets are Simply Heinz brand. No corn syrup in that brand. I would imagine since it's available, at least at all of the places we have been, you could request it. Or you could as for a plain burger, hotdog, whatever and request packets of Simply Heinz just to be sure.

so, at Disney world restaurants (some of them???) have simply Heinz??? That would be amazingly awesome! It would be super helpful! Maybe I should ask on the restaurant board area or something-

Yes!:goodvibes I would note the allergy on your ADR if you haven't already, and if you don't see it available, ask and they should be able to get it for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!