Corey's Pool Review

DisneyDeeva

DIS Veteran
I'm loving Corey's review so far. Makes me want to be sitting at Petals passing out free ping pong balls to the kids instead of languishing her in the frozen tundra we call the Midwest. I've never stayed at the All Stars. But after hearing about the cleanliness issues, won't be in any hurry to do so!!!

Thought I would let you guys know that when we were at Pop last September they put up an inflatable movie screen and showed movies at least a couple of evenings while we were there. It was located by the Goofy sprinklers/kiddie area to the left as you come out of the main building. They turned off the sprinklers and dried out the area for the evening. They also did things like ping pong tournaments, bowling in the lobby, hula hoop contests and dance contests.

Keep up the great work Corey - can't wait for the next installment.:yay:

Just returned from 3 nights in Orlando. Stayed one night at the Gaylord Palms and two nights at All-Star Music. I was actually impressed with the cleanliness at Music. I know Corey didn't review the rooms, but they were recently refurbished. New furniture, beds, freshly painted, etc. I was actually in the lobby a few times and made the walk from the entrance of Melody Hall through the building and out to the pool. The floor always seemed spotless, and this was even with the place flooded with kids from a dance competition. I even ducked into the showers to wash off and the floor must have just been cleaned, because, it too was spotless. I think it was said on the podcast that only the Beach Club and Universal had the dive-in movies. We watched Finding Nemo one night we were there and they were showing Gameplan the next night. This was along with Karaoke contests, Hula Hoop Contests, Bingo, etc. While I listen to the Podcast religiously, and make a lot of plans based on what is said, I wouldn't stay away from the All-Stars based on that review alone. What they encountered may have been a one time thing. I have stayed at every level of resort and could probably find some sort of cleanliness issue at each one. It is just like the last restaurant review that I heard Kevin do of Mama Melrose's restaurant. I guess the last time he went, he did not like it at all, but this time he thought it was pretty good and thought everyone should try it. I guess what I am saying is, I wouldn't make a decision of either staying some place or not based on one review.

i am looking forward more to the other three category (mod, deluxe, dvc) reviews. I have stayed at a couple of the mods and will be staying at my first deluxe so it will be nice to hear how pools I'm familiar with stack up.

I'm really looking forward to the other pools. It's tempting to take a dip, since the weather is so nice ;) but I don't want to get hate mail for pool hopping. :rolleyes1

At our stays at the POP and coming in after 1am, I can tell you the pools are open, but no life guards so it is at your own risk. But there are often people swimming in the wee hours for sure.

I'm really looking forward to the other pools. It's tempting to take a dip, since the weather is so nice ;) but I don't want to get hate mail for pool hopping. :rolleyes1

Given that you are doing a community service (PodSquad Community), I think you receive special dispensations for swimming. How can you accurately report about the pools if you don't actually get in??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter