Corey -- I agree with 100% about the F-Bomb!!!

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I honestly don't know when that word became a normal part of conversation and everyone became so desensitized to it, but there is nothing that disturbs me more at the parks (or anywhere for that matter!) than seeing adults speaking to their small children with that kind of language. "Get the "F" over here", or "Shut the "F" up" -- it just makes me sick to my stomach. I really don't think I'm old fashioned, or a prude, but I never speak that way and only hope my children follow suit.

I agree 100% too!

I don't care if I hear the F-Bomb on the streets of Chicago, I don't care if I hear it in a movie I am watching (without children present), but the minute there is a child present or sometimes even when there is a senior citizen (especially a cute gray haired elderly lady) with me, I hate it. It's a matter of respect, and that's a hard thing to come by these days!

For me it is not just the F bomb. There is no need for any curse word around children! They are sponges and pick up on all of it. It drives me crazy... And I won't get started on those words being on daytime tv.
BUT...
GO COREY!

I think that adults need to act like adults when at Disney. I have not only heard cursing but after leaving dinner with our (then) 7 year old at Downtown disney, were forced to deal with drunks on the bus back to the resort. I still don't know if my choice to ignore it was correct but knowing my temper when I get started, I felt it best at the time.

It has to be the worst place on earth to behave poorly as an adult. Please don't scr#* with our disney vacation like that.

OMG we were just talking about that the other day when at a local store the guy in line behind us was "F" this and "F" that on his cellphone. :eek:

I got fired up listening to Corey - you go!!

My husband and I have season tickets to the Razorback football games and whenever I hear someone say an inappropriate word (kids are always sitting around) I remind that person that kids are present. DH will often tug on my shirt for me to sit down - he just knows that I am going to start a fight with some drunk. An f-bomb can sometimes ruin the game more than Houston Nutt (our (what some might call) coach) can.

I'm glad you actually tell people to think about where they are. I didn't hear much foul language when I was there, but I did hear some. I wish now I had said something. I think a lot of adults are very selfish and inconsiderate, more so than kids. When we were there, we were waiting for Spectro Magic one night. We were right on a corner curb, surrounded by kids, all sitting on the ground or in strollers. As we were sitting there, I so badly wanted to stand up, but I knew if I did, the kids behind us wouldn't be able to see, so we stuck it out. The people next to us, were not as considerate. They stood up the entire time! Not only that, they were walking in the street to take pictures and were even told by security several times to move. While I didn't directly approach them, I made sure they knew I was not happy by very loudly telling my husband "These people are RUDE!!" I hope that more people will stop and think about others, especially children, when they are in the parks.

I think that adults need to act like adults when at Disney. I have not only heard cursing but after leaving dinner with our (then) 7 year old at Downtown disney, were forced to deal with drunks on the bus back to the resort. I still don't know if my choice to ignore it was correct but knowing my temper when I get started, I felt it best at the time.

It has to be the worst place on earth to behave poorly as an adult. Please don't scr#* with our disney vacation like that.

Well I agree, but really adults should be adults anywhere!

Well, with Corey that makes nine of us that feel this way...just a few billion more and we can change the world! :teeth:

I agree the fact that people use that word shows they have a poor vocabulary. U also get those ppl that think its cool to curse. What happen to common decency.

I use that word. It isn't my favorite word, but I use it. A lot.

However, my kids have only heard me use it once. And I regret that. Also, one time I slam-stubbed my toe and everyone heard me use the beginning of the word and stifle it. Thisclose to as bad as letting it out.

In general, I think people should censor themselves around kids. I always asked people to tone down the language around my little kids and never had anyone not do it. Disney is not a place to be saying something like that loud enough for others to hear.

Ballparks and bars are different, though. You take your kid there, you ought to know what you're getting into and can't compain about the sports fans and/or drunks.

That's my $.02.

Ballparks and bars are different, though. You take your kid there, you ought to know what you're getting into and can't compain about the sports fans and/or drunks.

Well, we can still complain a little, but, unfortunately, it is to be expected in that environment.

I just hope that when I do take my daughter to a Sox game (featuring the 2007 World Champion Boston Red Sox :cool1: ) that the people around me who realize there's a small child in their presence do curb the language. Those words will be said, and they will be heard. But they don't need to be said to still have a good time, and I hope those people realize that.

There's not much that makes me cringe and upset more than someone who knows they are well within earshot of a small child yet still continue to swear like a drunken sailor. It shows utter disrespect and ignorance.

Well, with Corey that makes nine of us that feel this way...just a few billion more and we can change the world!
Count me in!!!!!
I can not stand to hear people talk like that in public. Really no one should talk that way, but I know in the real world it happens. It would be respectful of others in a public setting to watch their mouths. If you want to talk trash in your own home where I and my family dont have to hear you thats your business.
I once was at our local ice rink when a young man was talking on his cell phone with some four lettered words a flying, when he looked up from talking he realized that a group of us adults (mainly moms) were giving him the evil eye and boy you should of heard him appologize!!!!:rotfl: Hopfully he learned a lesson about talking in public.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter