Coral Safe Sun Screen?

geoly1

Mouseketeer
I’ve been looking at resorts to go to for the day in Cozumel when our ship is in port. Some are asking for you to use Coral Safe (biodegradable) sun screen. Does anyone have any information on these? They sell some on Amazon but just curious if there were some better than others. Thanks!

The only line I have used in Stream2sea. One of my kayak buddies introduced me to it. He said be sure to buy a lotion or cream, because spray products easily transfer to the sand, and enter the environment that way.

It is mineral based, so a little goes a very long way. It is hard to rub in, but lasts app 80 minutes. I have only found spf 30, but there might be other options.

This line was developed by a diver, and avoids ingredients that have know toxicity to marine life.

Make sure that it specifically says 'reef safe' (or coral safe) on the bottle/tube. Some that claim to be mineral based still may have harmful ingredients. As long as it says reef safe, I think you'll find it depends on your personal preferences.

I use the brand all good and it's worked well for me.

As PP mentioned, they're difficult to rub in and leave some white on your skin but ultimately it's the reef that matters. I've also had a hard time finding anything above 30 SPF, but that's enough for me (and I'm very pale).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter