Coral Reef

Rob1648

Earning My Ears
I have avoided this place for years as the reviews have always seemed to be bad. At the urging of my daughter, we had lunch here today and I gotta tell you - it was terrific. Now you are really going think I am crazy but I like the food here a lot more than last years trip to Flying Fish. My wife had the chicken, daughter got the lobster, I went out of my comfort zone and had the shrimp and grits (awesome). They were all great as was the key lime desert. I have no problem recommending this place

Curious to hear about other folks recent experiences at CR

Thank you!! We have a Candlelight Processional dinner there in December and I have been looking for recent reviews.

We have always enjoyed our meals here. We've have good food and excellent service. Plus, you can't beat the view.

We had dinner there on our trip in September and enjoyed it much more than expected considering the reviews. Food was good, if not mind-blowing, and you can't beat that aquarium. We enjoyed our meal a lot. :)

I got a last minute reservation there in February when our flight was canceled, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. I don’t eat seafood often, and I got a slow cooked beef over a polenta and it was amazing. Plus they have a full bar so I ordered a martini.

Our CP ADR is at CR and I was a little worried. It has been hit or miss for us in the past. I am glad the reviews are picking up.

We have ate at Coral Reef the last 3 years. It's our youngest daughters favorite place to eat so we will continue to book it. We have never had a bad meal there and the Shrimp and Grits are so awesome!

When it's good, it's really good.
We have eaten there 4 times. Twice it was really really good. It was fantastic. The other two times we ate there, it was not that great. So. it's been kind of hit & miss with us at Coral Reef. We plan on trying it again on our next visit.
I also really like the Baileys & Jack Daniels chocolate Mousse Dessert.

For my family it is a must. We love CR, I asked just the other day if we wanted to eat somewhere else instead this next trip. I got a loud "NO" and glares from all 6 of my family!!

I'm glad that I stumbled on this thread - CR is one of the places that I am most excited to eat at on our trip in February!

We have gone several times in the past few years and have a Candlelight Processional lunch there again in December: we just love the ambience and have really enjoyed the food every time. The only drawback for us is that our first time we got the crab cakes, which made our daughter (7 at the time) fall in love with crab cakes, and we haven't seen them on the menu again since then! But both daughters have still found things they like there, like the turkey sloppy joe or grilled fish/chicken.

We also had good experiences and love the setting - food was good and can't beat the sea turtle that settled down right next to DD! DS and his friend, who's kind of a foodie, were very pleased after their senior trip ADR there this spring as well.

I have avoided this place for years as the reviews have always seemed to be bad. At the urging of my daughter, we had lunch here today and I gotta tell you - it was terrific. Now you are really going think I am crazy but I like the food here a lot more than last years trip to Flying Fish. My wife had the chicken, daughter got the lobster, I went out of my comfort zone and had the shrimp and grits (awesome). They were all great as was the key lime desert. I have no problem recommending this place

Curious to hear about other folks recent experiences at CR
I’ve always loved it! There’s nothing like it and there’s always something good on the menu. I find it very relaxing and that offers an amazing view you won’t find anywhere else!!

Was just debating switching out our CR ADR after reading a bunch of “meh” reviews. But feeling more hopeful after reading your review and the responses of others! I think the kids and I will like the scenery and my parents requested a seafood-focused table service.

It was our favorite meal of our December 2017 trip! We will be eating there again in 10 days and can’t wait!

I agree the shrimp and grits was fantastic! I plan on ordering it again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter