Coral Reef? Reviews?

Aimeedyan

DIS Veteran
This is one place we've never eaten at, so we made PS for 4:15 one day when we're there. What are your experiences? Was it good? I know its a little pricey, so I want to make sure its good before we pay for it =)

Also, at 4:15, is that considered lunch or dinner? I can't find hours for that on the menus anywhere.

Thanks!

We enjoyed it, although it may be a bit pricey. In our experience, anything after 4:00 was considered dinner. It's in a beautiful setting, with a wonderful view of the Living Seas tank; it pretty much takes up one wall and the seating area is slightly staggered like stadium seating. At your table are guides to the fish you can view in the tank.

If you have any little ones, they have a fun children's dessert that's kind of like edible Play-Doh (peanut butter flavord, I think).

We ate at Coral Reef in June 2002 and thought it was very good although a little on the pricey side. The lobster bisque was yummy:p

I had the best meal of my life there in October during our honeymoon - it was the special South African lobster tail. My only teensy disappointment was that our waiter said he'd take it out of the shell once it came and once he brought it to the table he was outta there. Taking it out myself was not a big deal whatsoever but I just didn't get why he'd offer to do something and three minutes later "forget." I'm glad it wasn't something I really need help with. But honestly, the food was delicious and worth every penny. Enjoy!

My DH is a vegitarian and it is his favorite place to eat in all of WDW. He also keeps an aquarium as a hobby which has something to do with it. We ate there twice in five days on our last WDW trip. I thought the food was very good too. It is expensive though...:wave:

Another 2 thumbs up for this place. My Husband and I eat there every trip. Ususally for lunch.

YUM YUM!!!! Next time I think we are going to try for dinner!

We love it too and always make a point to eat lunch there. I think after 4 would be considered dinner though. We love to go for lunch because it is so cool and tranquil - a great escape from the heat. They have a great wine by the glass selection, wonderful desserts, salads and fish. We have never had bad service or a meal that displeased us.

Enjoy!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter